Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TS Luggage Compartment Storage Box

Bozz

Anyone know what this box is for and whether can it be removed to get more load deck length?

I'm guessing its something to do with the load restraint system supplied with the GR and Excel?

This is the one which goes right across at the base of the back seat.

This part is easily removable and the rest is held with screws. It is not a flat surface.

Rear_compartiment.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bozz said:

Anyone know what this box is for and whether can it be removed to get more load deck length?

I'm guessing its something to do with the load restraint system supplied with the GR and Excel?

This is the one which goes right across at the base of the back seat.

It's got my tool roll and other bits and pieces in. Very useful.

• 1 year later...
On 11/6/2021 at 5:39 PM, Popama said:

This part is easily removable and the rest is held with screws. It is not a flat surface.

Rear_compartiment.jpeg

Does anyone know how to remove the support for the boot deck (the plastic piece on the right of the image above)?

I thought it was just a question of removing the visible bolt, but it seems to be held in by more than that.

On the upper surface of the bracket is an innocuous looking plastic stud. Press down on the button in the centre and then you can remove the stud. (You have to remove the transverse box section to see it.)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RabButler said:

On the upper surface of the bracket is an innocuous looking plastic stud. Press down on the button in the centre and then you can remove the stud. (You have to remove the transverse box section to see it.)

That was it!

Shame that there are a load of metal brackets underneath, no nice square boot... ☹️

I keep my boot floor on the upper supports. That provides a flat floor right up to the back seats.

True, but I like having use of the full capacity & depth.

I imagine that a genuine flat boot isn't achievable for structural reasons (since no-one seems to do them now), but I don't like the amount of space that I have to give up by using the 'variable floor' fudge.

Hence I've removed that storage box. I'd rather have the extra few cm for putting large things in the boot.