Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help with error code

brainii

Hi,

I used one of those cheap eBay bluetooth plug in OBD scanners on my Auris, got this code back: C1249 (see attachment). Brakes however seem to be working fine and nothing lights up in the dash. I can try to clear the code, but afraid if something breaks , see below for details:

I have to add here however that many years ago, the car was involved in a serious accident and after I picked it up after it was supposedly fixed, while driving within the 1st km, the ABS lights did show and the brakes started behaving very strangely. I slowly crawled it immediately back and they re-fixed it, has been fine ever since.

What you guys think?

Screenshot_20211028-134435.png

2 hours ago, brainii said:

Hi,

I used one of those cheap ebay Bluetooth plug in OBD scanners on my Auris, got this code back: C1249 (see attachment). Brakes however seem to be working fine and nothing lights up in the dash. I can try to clear the code, but afraid if something breaks , see below for details:

I have to add here however that many years ago, the car was involved in a serious accident and after I picked it up after it was supposedly fixed, while driving within the 1st km, the ABS lights did show and the brakes started behaving very strangely. I slowly crawled it immediately back and they re-fixed it, has been fine ever since.

What you guys think?

Screenshot_20211028-134435.png

here is a link for you to correct the error

whats the point in posting help & advice when the op doesnt bother to come back to the forum.:confused1:

my dear friend.

firstly, thanks for the help, but I didn't get around to attempting to fix it yet.

Secondly, I don't think this is the solution, at all, most likely (and I could well be wrong here), it's a software glitch (or even my cheapo OBD device reporting fault code when in fact it's not there).

Thirdly I also found this "solution" it's  first video clip that youtube has with this error code.

I will therefore either do nothing at all, or attempt to clear it using the OBD device. If I decide to clear it, I will update the post.

again thanks for the help.

The switch can develop dead spots or burn spots, so you end up with an intermittent fault, one day it will fail

if that were the case wouldn't I get a dash light from time to time? I never do. Also brakes work including ABS (tested many times deliberately)  and of course also brake lights work.

I'll prob try to clear the code, though I'm a bit afraid if that action messes anything up.

If it works, don't mess with it. ???

2 hours ago, brainii said:

if that were the case wouldn't I get a dash light from time to time? I never do. Also brakes work including ABS (tested many times deliberately)  and of course also brake lights work.

I'll prob try to clear the code, though I'm a bit afraid if that action messes anything up.

If it works, don't mess with it. ???

Clearing the code will not mess up anything, but if the problem is still there the light will come on again. 

• 2 weeks later...

well, felt brave today, cleared the code through the free android app, nothing happened. drove around town..scanned again. code did not reappear, everything normal. i think the code was there from years ago after the old accident/repair. thanks for the replies

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links