Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota auris hybrid 1.8 2015 remote key not working

Shahbaz

Hello, I have a 2015 auris Hybrid with start button. The 12V Battery died not use car from month  I’ called recovery to jump start the car and taken it on a 40 min run, but now the key fob won’t work to lock or unlock the car. The car still starts. I have tried changing the Battery on the key fob still no luck. I don't have 2nd key 
Does anyone know how to get the key to pair so it will lock the car again? Everything else seems to be working apart from the remote central locking. (I have locked it manually). Hoping someone might have had the same issue. Thanks 

Google states: 

1. Turn your key in the ignition from “off” to “on,” and repeat within five seconds. ...
  2. Within 40 seconds, close and open the driver door twice, and then insert and remove the key from the ignition one more time.
  3. Again, be sure to perform steps one and two within 40 seconds.

Don't know if that will work or not (for turning ignition key I would use the start button)

This thread seems to be an identical issue (12v Battery flat now no lock/unlock) - final post from the OP

So assuming the key works to start/drive the car OK - so I would think  it is "paired" at least as far as the immobilizer. Does it have any light on the actual key fob when you press a button? 

When press fob key button red led light work but not working locking unlocking 

Has to be worth a try disconnecting the 12V Battery per the post I shared then. Possibly the electronics got upset by a low/discharged Battery which generally they don't like as it doesn't reset them properly. Disconnecting and leaving for a bit might solve the issue. If nothing else has changed other than the Battery going flat, then logically it should work once the battery was recharged. Bear in mind I am not a mechanic and the post was a 2010 Auris.

As far as I remember correctly been reading somewhere in cases like that to unlock your car seat in and touch the start button with your remote key fob and start the car. Then after should work. There is one more thing, sometimes even brand new Battery simply not good enough and they have less than the minimum threshold charge for the remote to operate properly, replace Battery again with new fresh stock with long expiring date. 
Good luck 👍

• 3 months later...

Hi, I’ve got the same problem. Did you solve the problem? In that case, how? 

Kind regards,

Jon A. 

I disconnected my Battery several times, and the key always paired automatically once you start the car. Try putting the key next to stop/start button.

In case your Battery in key is dead, you can still start the car if you put key next to the start button.

That happened to me in my 2016 Auris Excel Hybrid hatchback with keyless system. Try this: (see photos from the user manual)

5B13E6F3-D63B-4A8B-B5B0-940E3F66B9AB.png

65C68E2E-99F2-4ADD-8B34-BFDF71F1FDDE.png

After replacing the key fob Battery and doing this method, its worked perfectly. Hope this helps. 👍🏻 

Also if you have the Toyota Touch 2 with Go system, check Door lock settings are correctly setup. On the touch screen system press:

SETUP > Vehicle > Vehicle customisation > Door lock settings:

Entry and start systems

Lock/unlock feedback lights

D0511178-4685-4310-A492-27BCA629CDF6.jpeg

Replacing your main 12V Battery (in the car boot) may have put many settings back to default in your Touch screen system so it’s worth checking the settings. 👍🏻