Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tsport any good?

Carpy63

Hi all, just bought a Yaris Tsport but have found a really nice Corolla Tsport, are they as reliable and cheap to run as in parts and other items? Thanks in advance. 🙂

Nowhere near as cheap as the Yaris T-Sport!

I know the tax on them is very high and they gobble down horrific amounts of fuel when you push them (And you will - Valve lift kicks in at 6000rpm IIRC, and I've heard it's very addictive! :naughty: )

I don't remember there being any common major issues - Like most Toyotas as long as it gets regular oil changes it's pretty reliable. The one thing that I do remember being common is the lift bolts for the valve lifters snapping and requiring replacement (At one point it felt like at least one CTS owner would post about snapped lift bolts every month :laugh: ). Thankfully that doesn't affect the car much, you just don't get the valve lift. A lot of 'normal' people who own one don't even know the VVTL valve-lift is a thing because they'd bought it with snapped bolts. I recall it being a good haggling point too, if you can take it on a test drive and nothing happens at 6000rpm.

Sadly most of the CTS crew who could give you more info don't seem to log in here any more (At one point there were more of them than any other group! :laugh: ), but there should still be a LOT of posts you can read from back then from all the CTS enthusiasts!

So far in my near 3 years ownership I changed 1 injector and lambda sensor but it had 150k odd miles,the interior heater seems troublesome mine included,not sure if I can name company but I found website in Holland that seem reasonable for parts,in my opinion it's a underrated car

• Like 1

Check the MOT history - see what the pass/fail rate has been, whether there are any current advisories, etc: https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

Insurance may well be more expensive than the Yaris.

• Like 1

Hi.

if you have any issues with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I went ahead and bought it, it’s got the original book pack, 3 keys, full Toyota service history, couple of things need doing, it lifts and drives lovely, last owner an elderly gent since 2004, it’s a dark green with cloth, love my Yaris but this is better, will have to let my little Yaris go 😞 

• Like 1

Yeah those old Corollas are mega cars - I actually think they feel better than the new ones! Everything about it just feels solid, and the seats are really comfortable. The fact it actually still has all 3 keys is a fantastic sign! That's super rare!

Try not to use up all the petrol in your area :laugh: 

Lol, it’s not bad on petrol, I’m getting about mid 30’s all sorts of driving, love the lift on these, have had a couple of these engines before, I have read most of the reviews on these cars and what are they talking about? I think they are great as you have said, a bit high and I might put some coil overs on, handles very well anyway, plenty of poke, not I think a young man’s car, too not a civic or fiesta, love the red dash! Where this car has been so well looked after, drives better than some cars I drive and have driven that are a lot newer I can say, bodywork is good, not a single re spray or even touch up on it,  I love my little Yaris Tsport but this is a sheep in wolves clothing! Lol 🙂 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links