Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Constant battery drain problem

Corollanutter

Thanks for the info Mike - I will try that, hopefully the same for Corolla 😆

On 3/12/2022 at 6:10 PM, Chris Nutt said:

Thansk Deano,  all that has been addressed in later posts on this thread. In my case I had a duff battery. Since replacing it I have had no more problems. You are correct in that there are numerous staged shutdowns - the keyless entry system apparently drops to a lower polling rate after around 5 days and shuts off all sensors / transmitters other than the drivers door after 14 days. I always leave the keyless entry system active as I love this feature - as I was involved in the very early days of the keyless system design concept around 30 years ago. However I do use a faraday box for the key 🙂

Just something else to bear in mind there are a lot of retailers out there not necessarily Toyota that have very little or no Battery maintenance whilst vehicles are in showrooms or stood on the sales pitch and once a Battery gets down to certain levels they are basically goosed and they may take a charge but not hold it and in some cases they won't take a charge at all.  I hate to think how many batteries have to be scrapped due to lack of maintenance whilst with retailers.  I'm sure going forward you will be fine with a new Battery installed .

• Like 3

Speaking to someone at work today has reminded me that another thing to be glad of is you can change the Battery yourself and don't need extra kit or a dealer to 'code it to the ECU' like certain german makes, whose electronics are so bad they apparently don't even know what a voltage regulator circuit is :laugh: 

On 3/14/2022 at 7:40 AM, Tel_man said:

Thanks for the info Mike - I will try that, hopefully the same for Corolla 😆

Have had a look for this and can now confirm that it is the same - thanks again Mike for the info 👍 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tel_man said:

Have had a look for this and can now confirm that it is the same - thanks again Mike for the info 👍 

Do you have to start the car with the key against the Start button for 30 seconds every time?

I had an issue with the 'immobilizer' system after deactivating the Smart Key functions through the infotainment system, and nor people from Toyota or the Road Support knew how to start the car again. We were all reading the manual and trying out all the procedures, but nothing worked. The car had to be towed to the dealer, and everything was fixed within 5 minutes the next morning... 

Do you know how to activate/deactivate the system continuously, for example when you need to wash the car?

Thanks!

I have not tried to change my settings as yet, but maybe other members can answer your questions 🤔 

• Thanks 1