Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

NSZT-W64

NeuroSurgeon

Hi All,

I have a Prius S which I imported from Japan to the UK. Unfortunately the stereo NSZT-W64 is in Japanese, and I’ve tried to get the language into English but to no avail.My guess is that this stereo may require the audio SD card which may have the relevant software. Anyone out there could assist me, much appreciated.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Going by some Googling, it seems it needs an SD card. Something to consider is that even if you get it working in English, it may not support the full FM band used in Europe (different frequencies are used in Japan), it probably won't support RDS on FM (text data, auto frequency, etc.), and certainly won't support DAB. So if radio functionality is important to you, you'd be better off replacing the head unit with something intended for the UK market.

• 8 months later...
On 11/23/2021 at 10:59 PM, QuantumFireball said:

Going by some Googling, it seems it needs an SD card. Something to consider is that even if you get it working in English, it may not support the full FM band used in Europe (different frequencies are used in Japan), it probably won't support RDS on FM (text data, auto frequency, etc.), and certainly won't support DAB. So if radio functionality is important to you, you'd be better off replacing the head unit with something intended for the UK market.

I agree with all the above comments.

I just bought a Toyota Fielder with that same music system (nszt-w64). It was all in Japanese.
I paid for some conversion software on e-bay / loaded it onto an SD card which translated the  menu and text to English and the seller helped me with the install and security by using whatsapp, but there are no nav maps available, and limited FM Bandwidth. Does make tuning in my bluetooth devices a simple process and hands free calling works flawlessly and stores my contacts. Audio plays well using spotify on my phone. So nice sounds, handsfree, and easier to follow menu system. Vocal cues for selection errors are still in Japanese though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links