Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Only seeing 2.7 volts at ac compressor wire harness.

CharlieAvensis

Hi guys, hope this thread meets you well.

I am really having a hard time trying to fix my Avensis air conditioning. I live in Nigeria and due to a lack of skilled mechanics here, the car has been *****ized. For instance, the mechanics here put an old Peugeot compressor in my Avensis , causing it to shake and rubble. Then they bypassed all the ac systems and wired the compressor directly to my blower motor.

I really want to get this car back to factory spec by buying a compressor, but when I checked the already bypassed compressor wires, I only saw a value of only 2.7volts when the blower fan is on, regardless of if the ac button is turned on or not. 

Is this normal? If I go ahead and buy the new compressor, will it work? 

I know clutch compressors require 12volts to turn on, but apparently, this car uses one of those variable displacement compressors that come with a solenoid valve. Does the valve only require 2.7volts to operate?

I pulled out my pressure switch and checked the values again, and it still showed 2.7volts at the compressor wiring, leading me to believe that it won’t work since the pressure sensor connector was totally unplugged and I believe the system needs to see that input.

Please I need help before I throw money at a compressor. I need to know what values I should see at the compressor solenoid harness wires.

please please someone help me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links