Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Car - First Impressions

RosieApple

Hi all,

Collected the new Corolla on Saturday and had a very enjoyable day out up the West Coast to Ravenglass, sharing the driving with my hubby and changing seats at various coffee stops etc.  We both feel that the car has been well worth the wait.  We like the driving experience, the seats are very supportive and comfy and feels nicely put together.  We particularly like the ride comfort even though it has 18" wheels with low profiles.  My other half feared that the ride comfort would be as bad as our last car, Levorg, which also had 18" wheels but slightly taller tyres.  However, this has proved not to be the case as the suspension seems far more supple and able to cope with the lumps and bumps of our local roads far better than the Levorg.  The Falken tyres are, as my husband noticed on the forums, very noisy particularly on the tar and chip dressings that our local councils' love as a default repair but when driving on proper tarmac roads the noise is minimal in comparison.  Can't wait to resume our  holidays in Continental Europe and get on some decent roads.

Surprised to find there are no sill guards in the thresholds of the doors as this is the first car we have bought that doesn't have them as standard (most top spec models usually have them as standard).  Ours is an Excel so expected to see them there.  We really miss the "blind spot/cross traffic alert" system which we have got used to on our last car over the 6 years of ownership.  We managed to get my husband's phone connected via the data cable to Andoid Auto and was up and running in no time.  However my older smartphone does not want to play ball and does not install the App successfully. 

Our first journey of just under 200 miles showed 49mpg with no slow driving but on open fast roads just as we would have driven our last car and probably achieved 39mpg at most.

Love the colour, Manhattan Grey, and the pan roof and JBL just add the finishing touches.

RzrAzr - you are correct in saying that the Toyota feels like the next level.

Bye for now,

Rosie

IMG-20211114-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20211114-WA0002.jpg

• Like 9

Very nice :biggrin: 

These newer TNGA cars really are a joy to drive. I'm so glad they've put more zots into improving the driving dynamics of the newer cars!

Glad you like it.  It looks good too.

Its not as good as an alert but if you put the rear camera on wide-screen you can at least see the cars coming.

3 hours ago, Yugguy1970 said:

Glad you like it.  It looks good too.

Its not as good as an alert but if you put the rear camera on wide-screen you can at least see the cars coming.

Thanks for the suggestion we will give it a try.

Rosie

Wow so happy for you:) and love seeing the pictures, especially in the back Manhattan gray contrasts very well with red tail lights. Cannot wait to get mine and so glad I didn’t go for Pearl white 

At some point I’d love to get all black wheels and maybe black out chrome bits if they’re too shiny…. (Teenager in me)

Looking at the 2nd photo from the OPoster, I can definitely see a Toyota Prius Gen4 front end ie headlight flow to the centre and also the body lines in front of front wheels below the lights.   Of noticed it before.

• Like 2

Nice looking car, glad to know you're pleased. I still remember my "wow!" reaction when I collected my new Corolla Excel HB from the dealer at the end of June 2020. Still have that feeling 17 months on! 🤩

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links