Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Auris 2015 - Hatch back version TRC alarm lit up on and then goes away..

Amer Awan

I have a Toyota Auris 2015. I have recently been seeing TRC and ABS light with the engine light turned on. After a while driving ABS warning light goes away but the TRC light stays on. Then after couple of days all warning light goes away. I have checked with Toyota mechanic and also changed brake light switch, but this didnt resolve the issue. I have checked fuses but in vain. Needs more suggestion pls...could this be a timing belt issue?

Split into new topic.

Did the Toyota mechanic scan for fault codes? If so what code/s were found?

It definitely can't be a timing belt issue as none of the engines used in the Auris have a timing belt! (all are chain driven).

I have a Toyota Auris 2015. I have recently been seeing TRC and ABS light with the engine light turned on. After a while driving ABS warning light goes away but the TRC light stays on. Then after couple of days all warning light goes away. This is really puzzling as to why all system is alarm free as i didnt change any thing during this time. I have checked with Toyota mechanic and also changed brake light switch, but this didnt resolve the issue. I have checked fuses but in vain. Needs more suggestion pls...The only fault codes were break switch which has been changed.

I wanted to show you two alarms lights which went away yesterday when i went on a short drive. But later on came back on as shown in the pic below file name ending with (15834). Handbrake light is only showing as i was parked in my driveway.

1. ABS warning light

2. TRC light on

3. Engine light 

Then again went on a short drive and then ABS light goes away later on and now the latest pic view file name ending with (15934) only shows TRC and engine light on.

The whole system becomes all normal and then i go through the above alarms cycle. Any suggestions for me to take from here?

1637054915834.JPEG

1637054915934.JPEG

Its worth you getting a cheap OBD II code reader or a bluetooth OBD II dongle and checking the codes again I think. Without knowing the exact fault code/s its just guesswork. 

I've used a cheap generic ELM327 bluetooth dongle which seems to work fine with my Android phone (some do not work with iOS by the way). Reading engine fault codes is usually straightforward and any code reader will do it. ABS codes can be more difficult, but I think its more dependent on the app you use rather than the dongle itself. The Torque Pro app has worked well for me in the past but I've seen conflicting info on whether it can read ABS codes or not.

so i got the checked this afternoon and the following fault codes came up/

hope this helps us narrows down the issue.

BTw. now only the engine light and TRS light is lit up on the car dash board.

1637329797297.JPEG

1637329797250.JPEG

It seems to be suggesting there's an electrical fault in your ABS unit, or the wiring connection to it, or the brake light switch. Do your brake lights work? 

Left break light doesnt flash when break is pressed.

Edited by Amer Awan

On 11/20/2021 at 10:39 PM, Amer Awan said:

Left break light doesnt flash when break is pressed.

Check/replace the bulb. If it's not the bulb then it could be a wiring fault somewhere that's also causing the other issues.

The break light are working fine. so are you suggesting an electrical or a wiring fault? As i mentioned before these waring TRC/ABS come and goes and its not a constant warning light.

3 hours ago, Amer Awan said:

The break light are working fine. so are you suggesting an electrical or a wiring fault? As i mentioned before these waring TRC/ABS come and goes and its not a constant warning light.

You said 'left brake light doesn't flash when brake is pressed' but then said 'brake light are working fine'. Which left brake light do you mean? The warning light or the light on the back of the car?

i meant the break light which lit up (darker) when you pressed the break pedal. so the break lights are working as they should be, but the issue still remains. The warning of the TRC and the ABS issue still remains. hope this helps?

TBH it looks to me like an electrical fault which needs further investigation. Not really possible to pin it down just from the fault codes.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links