Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Johnchester75

Hi. I am a new member to the forum. I have owned a 2011 Toyota Avensis estate D4D for 3 and a half years. It has been a very reliable car for my 70 mile round work commute. However I have an intermittent problem with smoke smelling like diesel fumes getting into the car when I stop the car at junctions/traffic lights etc. Has anyone got any ideas what the fault is? I took it into Halfords and another garage and they couldn't find any problems. I think it happens when it rains more than when the weather in is dry if be that helps?

Hello John - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Moved to the Avensis club.

Hi John. How often does it happen? Is it perhaps the diesel particulate filter regenerating?

• Like 1

It happens about twice a week maybe. I will get  the DPF checked by a mechanic. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2021 at 4:02 PM, Johnchester75 said:

It happens about twice a week maybe. I will get  the DPF checked by a mechanic. Thanks

when u get that smell drive the living hell out of it at high revs as thats the way they do when they try to regen clean themselves .i have never came across this on my 2014 2.0d4d one i just dont know when it is regen or not .pity toyota wouldnt put on a light to say its doing a regen as if i seen it i would give it hard driving at high revs to self clean the dpf 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links