Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Urban Cruiser 1.4 d4d rattle after oil change

Costa91

Hi all,

I have a 2010 Toyota Urban Cruiser 1.4 d4d.

Just had a service on the car and it started to develop a very anoying rattle.

Is louder from the cabin then from the outside, hence making the drive so anoying.

Does anyone have any ideea what could that be ?I went to the mechanic and been told I should not worry but I can't drive the car like this as it's on my mind everytime I hear it.

Is mainly on iddle as in drive I can't really hear it.

I've recorded it here if that would help :

I dont think there is anything wrong internally in the engine sounds like the exhaust is vibrating against something although it is difficult to say ask the mechanic to get it up on the ramp and check underneath with the engine running as it does sound like it is coming from underneath not familiar with the urban cruiser does the noise disappear if you push the clutch in or is it a auto if it’s a manual it could be the dmf.

• Like 1

It's a 6 speed manual. The noise is still there with the clutch pushed.

So damn anoying. I purchased the car x 2 days ago as I needed something economic for long journeys and it worked fine without any noises. Done a full service on it on a reputable garage for my piece of mind and it started to develop that noise after.

It even had the dash lighting up like a Christmas tree,  VSC, Traction control and 4 wheel drive. Scanned it with an obd2 = Dpf . Bought red ex dpf cleaner went on a blast on motorway and reset the codes. Worked fine after.  

Not my luck with this one 😞

I checked around google and some said that it might be a wrong oil filter or wrong oil ? 

Might go tomorrow and buy those from eurocarparts. I will do it myself if it comes to it as I've done quite a fair amount of those on different cars...

I wanted to see more views on it before I go and buy the oil and the filter. 

I dont think there is anything wrong internally in the engine sounds like the exhaust is vibrating against something although it is difficult to say ask the mechanic to get it up on the ramp and check underneath with the engine running as it does sound like it is coming from underneath not familiar with the urban cruiser does the noise disappear if you push the clutch in or is it a auto if it’s a manual it could be the dmf

37 minutes ago, Costa91 said:

It's a 6 speed manual. The noise is still there with the clutch pushed.

So damn anoying. I purchased the car x 2 days ago as I needed something economic for long journeys and it worked fine without any noises. Done a full service on it on a reputable garage for my piece of mind and it started to develop that noise after.

It even had the dash lighting up like a Christmas tree,  VSC, Traction control and 4 wheel drive. Scanned it with an obd2 = Dpf . Bought red ex dpf cleaner went on a blast on motorway and reset the codes. Worked fine after.  

Not my luck with this one 😞

I checked around google and some said that it might be a wrong oil filter or wrong oil ? 

Might go tomorrow and buy those from eurocarparts. I will do it myself if it comes to it as I've done quite a fair amount of those on different cars...

I wanted to see more views on it before I go and buy the oil and the filter. 

try disconnecting the ribbed belt that drives the alternator and air con compressor and see if that stops it if it does then it could be the air con compressor or alternator or maybe the tensioner wheel bearing.

I would still go back to the garage and say it only started doing it after the service it’s ok for him/her to say don’t worry about it but if it started doing it after the service they must have done something? Unless it’s coincidence that something else is playing up ask what oil they put in then cross reverence it and the oil filter.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links