Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo X UK Specifications Announced

Devon Aygo

Today Toyota released a bulletin offering further information on the incoming Aygo X,

• Prices & Sales commence 1st December
  • Customer deliveries May 2022

Grades

• Pure
  • image.thumb.png.4c9cff8b78a0722f2776e77221c7ec7b.png
  • Edge
  • image.thumb.png.157ad26c8043318b4495f0c2871acd3c.png
  • Exclusive
  • image.thumb.png.bc7afc27d41cfe06dd6ceec2886c8051.png
  • Limited edition
  • image.thumb.png.ff3425ad1bdeff6b7616e92ec2347459.png

image.thumb.png.63954863afb4f1011f91b8c3b8af7451.pngimage.thumb.png.7741f7f01b90334bf18a696b26e47b94.pngimage.thumb.png.254fc28b9eb51b22c15075ce85c2cb54.png

image.thumb.png.c135e0bbb8d1fdb253ef69def019682a.png

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for posting, food for thought, and very retro with a beige car, are we ready to buy beige cars again we shall see!, red and blue get my vote, but spec has moved on again even on the base model!

When the wife had her C1 back in 2006 I wouldn’t have thought I would see 17”/18” wheels. I like the ginger beige.

Prefer the ginger beige to the solid (battleship) grey that seems to be gaining in popularity.

Battleship grey with black wheels is a thumbs down for me. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Catlover said:

Battleship grey with black wheels is a thumbs down for me. 

It looks like the latest "à la mode" colour, you are not alone in your distaste !

Exclusive for me in blue, no canvas roof or JBL (with JBL you lose the spare wheel).

So no rear camera ... sensors instead ... step backwards as every new car has cameras now 

Maybe the cameras are out of stock in the factory and they will adapt later ?

I am kind of eating my heart out a bit. When I signed the paper for the current Aygo there was nothing sure yet about the factory ending this series.
Goh..   It's ok. I will comfort myself thinking I saved money.

18 inch wheels! that's going to make a set of all weather tyres expensive to buy.

Yeah I really hate this trend to bigger rims... I would literally pay money for smaller rims! (And have!)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2021 at 10:30 PM, Cyker said:

Yeah I really hate this trend to bigger rims... I would literally pay money for smaller rims! (And have!)

+1

I already regret so much the increase of wheel size from Aygo mk1 to mk2.

Larger wheels look so much better. Happy to make the compromise ( if there is one of course!)

Very little extra when compared with my current X-clusiv. Besides ive got full leather interior. The X currently doesnt .

To be fair it's an eye of the beholder thing - For me there is a sweet-spot with rim sizes depending on the car, but the 17's on the Mk4 Yaris cross that.

To me it looks best on 16" rims, but 15" rims still look better than the 17" rims which just look stupid. (To me anyway!).

But I never understood this bigger rims=better looking mentality - I mean, how high do you go? At some point you have to ask yourself why even bother having tyres??

Another really stupid example is Formula 1 - They're switching to low-profile tyres next year, which are just worse across the board; The cars have more unsprung weight which will make their acceleration worse and require stronger suspension, and I've read it will make them lap 2 seconds slower! (In the F1 world that's a huge time loss!). And to any long-time F1 fan they just look *wrong*. But the thing is, even Formula 1 know they look stupid - In the mockups with the new wheel covers, they've painted a black circle around the outside of the cover to make the wheel look like it has an old-school small rim! So why even bother!?

I'm very much a function before form kind of person, and as I drive regularly through a pothole-ridden hellscape and often have to change tyres after 15-20000 miles just because I drive so much, 15"s are just objectively better for me - They're more comfortable, they're quieter, tyres are cheaper, acceleration and mpg are better (On paper at least!)

I'm not opposed to people having ludicrously big rims, but I don't want to be forced to have them or penalised because 'it is the trend'. To paraphrase, give me choices or give me death! (I'd much prefer the choices, just so we're clear.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rich146 said:

Very little extra when compared with my current X-clusiv. Besides ive got full leather interior. The X currently doesnt .

Full leather is a 2021 model thing, my 2020 model X-clusiv came with part leather.

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

I'm very much a function before form kind of person, and as I drive regularly through a pothole-ridden hellscape and often have to change tyres after 15-20000 miles just because I drive so much, 15"s are just objectively better for me - They're more comfortable, they're quieter, tyres are cheaper, acceleration and mpg are better (On paper at least!)

Same idea here. 

On my Auris, the 17 inch low profile worsened the handling, mpg and comfort.

Putting tyres that make the car burn more petrol on a hybrid.. a car especially developed for good mpg. I really don't get that.i wanted to buy a new auris but the garage didn't want to sell it with 15 inch wheels so I went on and bought an other brand. 

This year I considered a c-hr but it had 18 inch wheels. A reason to drop it.

On my Aygo they put 15 inch : one more reason to buy it.

17 or 18 inch would be a reason to not buy it for me.

Might sound a bit too hard for others but it's how I think about it.

• Like 2

It has bigger wheels because it bigger: +23,5 cm in length, +12,5 cm in width, +5 cm in height!!! That's enormous!

It is no longer an Aygo, it is a short Yaris. The Aygo is as wide as the latest Yaris and taller.

I already could not get used to the bulkiness of the mk2.

The second generation was a re-worked first generation, and dimensions were largely similar.

The Aygo X, albeit 23.5cm longer than the outgoing Aygo, is still 24cm shorter than the Yaris, 0.5cm narrower, and 2.5cm taller.

The Aygo X is now similar in size to the Kia Picanto and Hyundai i10. The VW Polo is expected to follow in the footsteps of discontinued Mio and Citigo in a few months, and won't be replaced.

• Like 2

I suppose I should correct myself - It's not so much the rim size but the profile; I prefer 60-70 profile as that gives a lot of sidewall, and 55 is the absolute lowest I'd consider going. The 17's on my Yaris were 45 profile - Far too little for my tastes!

The 18's might be okay on the Aygo SUV if they've made the wheels massive (Aygo Monster Truck! :laugh: ) as they'll still have a decent sidewall profile, but if it was 18's with a normal-sized Aygo wheel that'd just be stupid...

Ugh I still can't stomach saying the words Aygo and SUV in the same sentence! :sick: 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm really interested in this, I think it looks good and the main attraction is the higher up driving position.

There are a few good in depth YouTube reviews.

I've put my name down for a test drive (automatic) at my local Toyota dealer when they get one in.

But it will all be down to the test drive and feel of it !!

• 2 weeks later...

Based on watching just about every YouTube video on the new Aygo X and what I have read (Toyota Dealers probably know less than us ), I have started a list of observations/pros & cons/things I don't know, things it doesn't have etc, basically anything that pops into my mind.  So I just thought I'd share it.  No particular order and may be questions for the sales rep when I physically see the car.........

No Electric Folding Mirrors.
No Electric heated door mirrors.
No built in wing mirror indicators (on wings!!).
No Cruise Control ?
No Space Saver Wheel ?
Rubber Boot Liner ?
Rubber Floor mats ?
Moulded Door Protectors ?
Moulded bumper protector ?
Heated Seats in Exclusive Model ?
Centre Arm Rest ?
Accessories List ?
0% Finance ?
Hill Start Assist (roll back) ?
Is it full Keyless Entry ?
Headliner colour ?
Any rear charging points ?
Illuminated door switches !!
Not 4x4.

Thanks, that was the first thing the Toyota Sales Rep sent.  Tells me a lot, but not everything !!

Nothing beats a hands on experience!!

Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links