Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo X UK Specifications Announced

Devon Aygo

I know it is a question of beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I refer the look of the previous model in particular I am not a fan of what has been done to the nose.  I rather liked the snout type look of the bonnet which gave it a edgy look, I think the X looks rather bland until you get to the Limited Edition.

Strange UK specifications that don't even let the Exclusive have the option of heated seats or leather seats - if I could have those options I would be down my local Toyota dealer today.

Yes I know the Limited Edition has them but I do not want the fabric roof - ever! All I can ope is that when the Limited Edition runs out Toyota GB will see sense and add those options to the Exclusive...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PetrolDave said:

Strange UK specifications that don't even let the Exclusive have the option of heated seats or leather seats - if I could have those options I would be down my local Toyota dealer today.

Yes I know the Limited Edition has them but I do not want the fabric roof - ever! All I can ope is that when the Limited Edition runs out Toyota GB will see sense and add those options to the Exclusive...

My local Toyota dealer are already thinking ahead and may offer aftermarket heated seats.  Like you, I'm not fussed about the roof and black alloys, but I do want heated seats, but not at a cost of £2k !! Aftermarket seats will be about £500.

1 hour ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

My local Toyota dealer are already thinking ahead and may offer aftermarket heated seats.  Like you, I'm not fussed about the roof and black alloys, but I do want heated seats, but not at a cost of £2k !! Aftermarket seats will be about £500.

On the Mark 1 Aygo there was a Toyota dealer fit option of seat heaters (IIRC I've got the kit somewhere in storage), maybe this option will be offered on the Aygo X?

1 minute ago, PetrolDave said:

On the Mark 1 Aygo there was a Toyota dealer fit option of seat heaters (IIRC I've got the kit somewhere in storage), maybe this option will be offered on the Aygo X?

If you look at how many Aygos are breaking on eBay, no doubt it will be the same with the Aygo X.  If people are willing to wait, then picking up 2 genuine Aygo heated seats with original switches will be possible. Fitting should be easy enough.

If your handy or know a decent automotive trimmer then fitting a kit like this wouldn't be to difficult. 

Dometic MagicComfort MSH 300 - Carbon insert seat heater, 4 elements

I've fitted a few of there kit's on various cars over the years & there not to difficult, just a bit labour intensive. 

Plenty of videos on YouTube. I'd prefer the dealer to do it, in case there are any issues about warranty.  They can get funny about 3rd party installations.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

If people are willing to wait

But I want the heated leather seats from the day of collection - knowing that the factory have them and fit them to the Limited Edition makes the 'logic' of not offering them as an option (at least) on the Exclusive something I can't get my head round.

I get it and totally agree.  Toyota are missing out on potential revenue from added options ..or its their master plan to entice people to buy the Ltd Edition, but I can't see many people buying the Ltd Edition, because of that stupid roof that you will be only be able to use in the UK a couple of days a year !!😂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

I get it and totally agree.  Toyota are missing out on potential revenue from added options ..or its their master plan to entice people to buy the Ltd Edition, but I can't see many people buying the Ltd Edition, because of that stupid roof that you will be only be able to use in the UK a couple of days a year !!😂

... and the security concerns over a fabric roof, now it if was a retractable glass or targa roof my opinion would be completely different as I have had sunroofs in the majority of cars I have owned in the last 46 years.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2022 at 12:25 PM, BobbyMcLeish said:

Based on watching just about every YouTube video on the new Aygo X and what I have read (Toyota Dealers probably know less than us ), I have started a list of observations/pros & cons/things I don't know, things it doesn't have etc, basically anything that pops into my mind.  So I just thought I'd share it.  No particular order and may be questions for the sales rep when I physically see the car.........

No Electric Folding Mirrors.
No Electric heated door mirrors.
No built in wing mirror indicators (on wings!!).
No Cruise Control ?
No Space Saver Wheel ?
Rubber Boot Liner ?
Rubber Floor Mats ?
Moulded Door Protectors ?
Moulded bumper protector ?
Heated Seats in Exclusive Model ?
Centre Arm Rest ?
Accessories List ?
0% Finance ?
Hill Start Assist (roll back) ?
Is it full Keyless Entry ?
Headliner colour ?
Any rear charging points ?
Illuminated door switches !!
Not 4x4.

That's a long list! The one that strikes me is the cruise control - it not only has cruise but adaptive cruise. 

I will probably buy an Exclusive with CVT but waiting to see them in the showroom. Undecided on the colour, the red costs the most but if it looks good I will probably go for that but would like to see the blue and beige too.

2 hours ago, dwilson said:

.I will probably buy an Exclusive with CVT but waiting to see them in the showroom. Undecided on the colour, the red costs the most but if it looks good I will probably go for that but would like to see the blue and beige too.

I have seen phots of the red and it looks good. You probably seen as well.

I'm torn between Chili Red or Ginger Spice🥺

Here here for a proper sunroof, my lowly L spec Ford Orion was made better with its tilt n slide sunroof, when I replaced it with a Mondeo I would happily ditched the aircon for Orion's sunroof and it was manual operation like the windows, but didn't bother me.

Some of us long in the tooth bug owners are bit wary of history of leaks so cutting an even larger hole in the roof doesn't feel me with confidence either.

Loved that about my Yaris Mk1 - AC *and* a tilt-slide sunroof! :yahoo: 

That's a rare thing these days, having both. Panoramic sunroofs, esp. ones that don't open at all, are missing the point...

10 hours ago, Cyker said:

Loved that about my Yaris Mk1 - AC *and* a tilt-slide sunroof! :yahoo: 

That's a rare thing these days, having both. Panoramic sunroofs, esp. ones that don't open at all, are missing the point...

When we were looking at buying the Honda CRV my wife loved the version with the non opening sun roof and loved the the CRV in red, luckily there were a few low mileage examples around if you were prepared to travel.    Looking back if we opened the sunroof cover more than once a year I would be surprised.   We did have a sun roof on the MK1 MR2 and used that a great deal but one member of the MR2 club had his damaged when the someone tried to break into the car through the sun roof.  They failed but did a lot of damage.

I had a tilt/slide sunroof on several of my Audis all of which had aircon too - the sunshade was pulled back all the time.

I love the extra light from the sunroof as it makes the interior feel more spacious and when tilted the extra airflow is welcome - and opening the sunroof is great to get tall plants home from the garden centre!

• Like 1

Same here, my Orion tilt n slide sunroof was glass with sunblind so lots of options for use, remember there was an official accessory sunroof for 107, but it was inferior pop up/out job and even for my model of Mondeo there was a rare fitted option sunroof which was solid metal, again not the best imo.

The canvas roof (known previously as the Fun roof) is a carry over from the previous generation Aygo/C1/108.

Probably cheaper and less weight than a glass sunroof, which could add around 40kg. The extra weight of a glass sunroof would probably affect the performance, economy, centre of gravity, and emissions, bearing in mind this is a 1 litre city car.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The canvas roof (known previously as the Fun roof) is a carry over from the previous generation Aygo/C1/108.

Probably cheaper and less weight than a glass sunroof, which could add around 40kg. The extra weight of a glass sunroof would probably affect the performance, economy, centre of gravity, and emissions, bearing in mind this is a 1 litre city car.

I'd still rather have a glass sunroof than a fabric one which presents a significant security risk (since all it needs to gain entry is a knife, and they are sadly very common on the streets of major UK cities nowadays).

• 5 weeks later...

Aygo guys, 

it’s a very important here soft top and cvt 👌👍

• 4 weeks later...

Personally I don't see the need for heated seats, if your that cold, put an extra jumper on! Mind you living on an island my car journeys are on average only around 20-25 minutes, with the occasional one up to an hour, so wouldn't be sitting on them long enough to get any benefit.

As for canvas roof or sunroofs, I don't see a reason for either really. Wouldn't consider a canvas roof, due to the security implications, would be too easy to break into in my opinion. As for having a sunroof, had one in a car years ago and it never really got used much, but I agree a sunroof would be a better option than canvas. However they have air conditioning, so why have a sunroof be it glass or canvas as to use it you have to keep them closed. I've never understood why so many cars over the years that had aircon also had sunroofs as standard.

All down to personal preference I guess. As for me its an Aygo X Exclusive automatic in Cardamom green for me, with no added canvas roof. I've seen all the available colours with the exception of the Juniper Blue and I think the greens the best colour by far, followed by the Chilli Red. The Ginger Beige, I don't know its somewhat disappointing, looks nothing like all the pictures and videos I've seen online. 

5 hours ago, Jason Monk said:

Personally I don't see the need for heated seats, if your that cold, put an extra jumper on!

Having owned several cars with full leather seats I have to disagree, on a cold winter day (well below freezing) an extra jumper doesn't help when you are sitting on a really cold leather seat, a cold bum can be really distracting!

Part leather seats, where you sit on alcantara, don't suffer the same problem.

• Like 1

Yeah, I actually would go for cloth seats over leather just because of the frozen/burning behind thing. Never really understood the appeal of paying massive amounts of extra money for leather (But then I think the same thing about SUVs and big rims so what do I know)

Best seats I ever been on were the super soft plushy seats on my friend's old Passat. Very well insulating so no cold or hot behind no matter what the season and they were so soft; It was like sitting on a seat made of soft toys :laugh:  I still don't know what the material was as I've never seen it in another car!

7 hours ago, Jason Monk said:

Personally I don't see the need for heated seats

A lot of people who suffer from back pain find them a benefit in the colder weather conditions. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links