Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

hidden feature... (at least to me)

bewA

On my second Corolla Hybrid (TS) i've only just discovered (by accident) that you can lock the car from where you open the boot!

There is a small but separate button to the right of the one that releases the boot, i'm quite confident this is in the manual but still who reads that anyway 😛

In the spirit of sharing, what hidden features have you come across by complete accident?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bewA said:

On my second Corolla Hybrid (TS) i've only just discovered (by accident) that you can lock the car from where you open the boot!

There is a small but separate button to the right of the one that releases the boot, i'm quite confident this is in the manual but still who reads that anyway 😛

In the spirit of sharing, what hidden features have you come across by complete accident?

That’s part of the smart entry which was not available on all Corolla previously. 👍

• Like 2

That button is there on my Prius Excel too.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

That’s part of the smart entry which was not available on all Corolla previously. 👍

I find that quite often I am fighting the system to open the boot, it keeps locking again before it fully opens!

41 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Ok I'm glad it didn't exist on my previous 2019 Corolla!

Automatic on/off of sunshade lights....fascinated me the other week 😄

Step up from the Auris which relied on the sunshade hitting the manual switch above it🤪

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Really? Mine has it (2019 Corolla). To be honest I expected it to be there because that's what my previous car had. Car boots just always have a lock on them whether it's keyless entry or not.

2 hours ago, AndrueC said:

Really? Mine has it (2019 Corolla). To be honest I expected it to be there because that's what my previous car had. Car boots just always have a lock on them whether it's keyless entry or not.

Your one is top spec excel and has that option, my one is top spec from 2010 and also has it, not sure about icon or design without smart entry they do, if they don’t have it on the front doors handles they most likely won’t have it on the boot too. 👍

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AndrueC said:

My last car was a Skoda superb with keyless entry on the front door handles only. You could only open the boot after using the remote or going to the front door.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Red_Corolla said:

My last car was a Skoda superb with keyless entry on the front door handles only. You could only open the boot after using the remote or going to the front door.

Well you live and learn. Just shows that car manufacturers will cut corners anywhere they can.

1 hour ago, Red_Corolla said:

But as you have the key with you (to be able to "touch" open the front door, whats wrong with pressing the remote to unlock the boot?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Red_Corolla said:

You likely needed to upgrade to a VW or Audi product to get locking & unlocking from the boot.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Catlover said:

But as you have the key with you (to be able to "touch" open the front door, whats wrong with pressing the remote to unlock the boot?

Ah, that's easy.  I have the car key, house key, house alarm and garage remote. A key loss label and a Tile key finder. Anything that avoids having to search that lot gets my vote. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

Ah, that's easy.  I have the car key, house key, house alarm and garage remote. A key loss label and a Tile key finder. Anything that avoids having to search that lot gets my vote. 

Exactly, my favourite extra on Toyota cars since early 2010 when I was cabbie in London  and had to open boot to load and unload luggage for passengers at airports, what a magic just touch the boot handle and the car unlocks, or grab the handle to open the door for them and the car unlock itself 👌👍 

3 hours ago, forkingabout said:

You likely needed to upgrade to a VW or Audi product to get locking & unlocking from the boot.

Probably so. I didn't fit the profile of an Audi driver and I consider all VAG cars to be much of a muchness under the skin anyway. I get them a lot as hire cars on business trips (just been using a Tiguan in Holland earlier today, in fact). The interior gets better and the standard of driving from the occupant gets worse as you go up the range, but the only other differences are superficial.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Catlover said:

Shouldn't that read, "What's the point of keyless entry?" :biggrin:

It's a small convenience, but I would tend to agree that it's not exactly essential to survival in the modern world.

Sometimes, it makes things a bit too easy: This afternoon, I flew in to Manchester airport, put my bags in the car boot and drove home. Parked up at home, transferred the bags to the hallway and then I'm trying to lock the car with my finger and it's not working. Only at this point did I realise that I'd nether bothered to take the key out of my rucksack.

• Haha 1

On 11/18/2021 at 6:20 PM, 50p said:

Sliding top of centre console arm rest ...

I had a SEAT Leon before the Corolla, on that not only did the arm rest slide it was also height adjustable, you had to fully lift the rest up to get into the storage below or it would not close being locked partially open on a ratchet system and so altering the height, I only found this out by accident after I'd had the car about a year.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links