Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can’t be heard

Novoice

We have a Yaris Hybrid - incoming calls, no problem.  Outgoing calls - the recipient can hardly hear us.  I have put both in and out volumes at max under general settings.

WHAT WAS THAT?

🙂 

I've no idea beyond what you've tried already, but it may help others more knowledgeable if you give the phone model, the type of head unit the car has and if you are using bluetooth or cable connection.

• Haha 1

Also which 2020 Yaris do you have - the 3rd generation (2011-2020) or the 4th generation (2020 onwards)??

HELLO?? YES! I'M IN THE CINEMA! THE CINEMA!!! NO, THE CINEMA!!!!

*ahem* sorry, channelling a bit of Dom Joly there.

I've had that on occasion in my Mk4 - Sometimes re-connecting the call has solved it. Still don't know if it's an issue with my phone, the car or what tho'. I don't use the phone while driving often enough to know how frequently it happens as, frankly, dialling while on the move is a PITA and the voice recognition for contacts is a bit... hit and miss... :laugh: 

Has yours been in for a recall yet? A lot of Mk4s are having the DCM module replaced and I believe the microphone for the handsfree is part of that unit.

31 minutes ago, MikeSh said:

WHAT WAS THAT?

🙂

I've no idea beyond what you've tried already, but it may help others more knowledgeable if you give the phone model, the type of head unit the car has and if you are using Bluetooth or cable connection.

We have a Samsung phone, XP13MA whatever that means 🙈 and we are using bluetooth.  Can you tell that I am complete technophobe!

I’ve looked at the indecipherable vehicle details and spotted M1 so presume it isn’t a Mark 4.  I think brain surgery is easier.

It is either a 3rd generation -

image.thumb.png.c3089444e0c0a90153ebb74b050c8bb1.png

or a 4th generation -

image.thumb.png.4e1de61fb7bbb37a895fae262450954a.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Novoice said:

Can you tell that I am complete technophobe!

Yes, but that's OK.

Hopefully the questions and suggestions will be suitably targeted.

4 hours ago, Novoice said:

I’ve looked at the indecipherable vehicle details and spotted M1 so presume it isn’t a Mark 4.  I think brain surgery is easier.

Can you take and post a photo of those? (I know ... techophobe 🙂 )

5 hours ago, flash22 said:

Has it got a big fat rear with big hips ?

That’s my wife you’re describing Bob😂🤣😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Does deleting the phone and re -pairing it  to the car work?

I had similar problem with Corolla, dealer reset telematics box to solve 

On 11/21/2021 at 10:44 PM, Chriss27 said:

I had similar problem with Corolla, dealer reset telematics box to solve 

Interesting.  I have the same issue with my Mk4 LE.  tbh, I don't know if volume is different incoming vs outgoing, but have to set volume to max to hear anything.

Has yours been in for the DCM recall yet out of interest?

I do wonder if these audio issues are related to that...

On 11/21/2021 at 7:42 PM, Bernard Foy said:

That’s my wife you’re describing Bob😂🤣😂

Good job she never reads the TOC forum or I might be sampling hospital food 😂🤣.

• Haha 1

On 11/27/2021 at 6:18 PM, Cyker said:

Has yours been in for the DCM recall yet out of interest?

I do wonder if these audio issues are related to that...

What DCM recall?

DCM - Data Communication module, basically a mobile phone that allow the car to talk to the mothership and call emergency services in an accident

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RobN-RG said:

What DCM recall?

A lot of the earlier Mk4's (Mine had it and was made in May IIRC so at least up 'til then!) had a recall due to the DCM module not working properly. I'm not 100% sure what it does, but I know it handles things like mobile communications and telemetry to the MyT stuff on the Toyota website, and also the SOS emergency button on the roof. I think it also handles bluetooth voice comms, as that all seems to be packaged in the roof unit, so having the recall fix may help with some of these issues...?

• Like 2

On 11/29/2021 at 7:00 PM, Cyker said:

A lot of the earlier Mk4's (Mine had it and was made in May IIRC so at least up 'til then!) had a recall due to the DCM module not working properly. I'm not 100% sure what it does, but I know it handles things like mobile communications and telemetry to the MyT stuff on the Toyota website, and also the SOS emergency button on the roof. I think it also handles bluetooth voice comms, as that all seems to be packaged in the roof unit, so having the recall fix may help with some of these issues...?

Mine left the factory on May 7th - assuming yours was new too, you would have had a mail titled "My Toyota status update – left the factory"

I had a lot of grief with mine (right plates wrong VIN).  When I eventually got it back, I asked for it to be checked for updates and was told there were none.  Nothing on the Toyota public recall page also.

On 11/21/2021 at 1:35 PM, Novoice said:

We have a Samsung phone, XP13MA whatever that means 🙈 and we are using Bluetooth.  Can you tell that I am complete technophobe!

If you Google XP13MA, that is the model number for Toyota Yaris. As for Samsung, what model of Samsung are you using. Later high end models are always updated, so long as the user allows! There are lot's of support for Samsung phones. Have you used the phone with other bluetooth devices or handsfree systems? If the phone worked fine with those, then the issue is with your cars system.

Nothing much to add BUT, I have seen several customers with volume issues, often due to the phone being on older versions of software or the handset volume being set too low on the phone. Updating the phone, unpairing and re-pairing can work, check if you are due a recall on the DCM unit