Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting Led Lightbar

rickywales

Living here in Finland I drive mainly on rural unlit roads where theres a high risk of wandering animals to contend with (Moose, Reindeer or Caribou if in the North) without the numerous Hares Foxes etc. To increase the lighting I fitted a front Lightbar, a relatively easy job took me under 2 hours, can post details and  a pic if anyone interested, did a 300km trip saturday night and it was excellent really illuminated the roadside verges and edge of forests well

I've seen kits for those for the GR Yaris - Like having a miniature Sun on the front of the car!! :eek: 

I love the idea of sticking one on my Mk4 but I can't think of any situation I'm likely to encounter here where it would be reasonable to use such a thing :laugh: 

To be fair the LED headlamps in the Mk4 are already ridiculously bright anyway...!

On 11/22/2021 at 5:29 PM, rickywales said:

Living here in Finland I drive mainly on rural unlit roads where theres a high risk of wandering animals to contend with (Moose, Reindeer or Caribou if in the North) without the numerous Hares Foxes etc. To increase the lighting I fitted a front Lightbar, a relatively easy job took me under 2 hours, can post details and  a pic if anyone interested, did a 300km trip saturday night and it was excellent really illuminated the roadside verges and edge of forests well

Hi, do you have any pics of what it actually looks? Mine is a Bussines edition and the lights are not the best. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2021 at 6:29 PM, rickywales said:

Terve. How did you fit it? On a number plate bracket? Please post pictures if you have them. Did you install a bracket to the crash bar?

Number Plate bracket and a reinforcer behind bumper

Ill post a pic

On 11/25/2021 at 9:23 AM, Khryo said:

Hi, do you have any pics of what it actually looks? Mine is a Bussines edition and the lights are not the best. 

I will post a pic

On 12/4/2021 at 4:48 PM, Pexen said:

Terve. How did you fit it? On a number plate bracket? Please post pictures if you have them. Did you install a bracket to the crash bar?

IMG_9199.jpg.a886477008c748961aaab12e571992b4.jpgIMG_9203.jpg.54402090b583f7d3aad000fbc141c809.jpg

Hi

Interesting, I like it! Well done, unsure if it would be road legal here in the U.K though!

Road legal as long as they only operate with main beam, just came back from a 1900 km trip to the North and they were spotting Reindeer and Caribou well before the headlights so were worth fitting out here!!