Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service at 60k Miles

dublap

Hello people, 

I bought the car (Auris 2013 1.6 Petrol) 1 month ago which just reached 65k miles. It has service history but mainly the oil and oil filter was changed every 10k-15k miles, or so. 

What I've done (changed) so far :

• oil and oil filter;
  • air filter;
  • cabin pollen filter;
  • spark plugs;
  • antifreeze (coolant).

I've checked the brake fluid level and its fine. Topped up the screen wash with winter fluid. Did a Battery health test and seems ok. 

Do you guys think I should check and/or change anything else? 

• Like 2

You have done all good here 👌, keep oil changes at max 10k miles , brake fluid also goo to get it changed, if you diy the things you can wait until  the spring arrives though. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't do a brake fluid flush myself, I am not that confident :).

How much do you think a garage would charge me for the job? 

& Thank you for reply!

36 minutes ago, dublap said:

I wouldn't do a brake fluid flush myself, I am not that confident :).

How much do you think a garage would charge me for the job? 

& Thank you for reply!

It used to be around £40-50 at the dealer but prices has changed recently on all services therefore best to call your local one and ask them directly for most up to date price list. There is also a possibility to check on Toyota website if you have your car registered and you have account with them, it’s a good thing to have as you can also do history checks, previous repairs anything that has been done before. 
Regards 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have an account on toyota uk website and i've added my car.

I just looked on youtube and i can definetly do the job myself, I didnt know it was so simple. Not very easy, but simple.

I will do it next spring as you suggested.

5 minutes ago, dublap said:

Btw what DOT do I need to buy? 3, 4 or 5.1? 

You can check on reservoir cap or in the car manual, my one is a hybrid and it’s DOT3, I buy from Eurocarparts ATE blue thin 1l can enough to do the whole system flush old school style. 👍

• Thanks 1

I will check the cap, thank you! I will actually keep this topic as an online service history for myself.

• Thanks 1

Here's a cut out from service manual that someone sent me long time ago, should be relevant.

Since you do it yourself, i'd advise to keep oil changes at 6k miles, it wont cost you much, and filter can be changed every other time, filter has lifespan of 20k miles.

image.thumb.png.7eab0efab429789ef47b9a0e87f8793a.png

image.thumb.png.24a1d1ae0dbf68cb4f473f4ea541db0a.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Did brake fluid flash on my own cars for the 1st time last year after watching plenty of videos on YouTube and making my own bleed system.

All went successfully.

I have been DIY services on my Auris and it still running well with no issues.

I use quality parts.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, dublap said:

Btw what DOT do I need to buy? 3, 4 or 5.1? 

I would suggest you don't need DOT 5.1, it's "go faster" stuff, not to be confused with DOT 5!

DOT 3 and 4 are both compatible with each other. DOT 3 is specified for my car but when I changed the fluid last year I used DOT 4. It has a higher boiling point than DOT 3 but is perfectly fine to use in a system where DOT 3 is specified. The sky hasn't fallen in or the brakes failed - yet!

In fact I couldn't source DOT 3 then?

You can mix dot 5.1 with dot 4, but you cant mix dot 5 with dot 4, so be careful when buying fluid.

• Thanks 1

I forgot to do it today, but I will look at what says on the cap tomorrow. 

I am planning to do an oil change every 6k miles along with filter ( its only £3-£4 ).

Btw, I am using E5 petrol 99 Octane. Do you guys use E10 95 Octane?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dublap said:

I forgot to do it today, but I will look at what says on the cap tomorrow. 

I am planning to do an oil change every 6k miles along with filter ( its only £3-£4 ).

Btw, I am using E5 petrol 99 Octane. Do you guys use E10 95 Octane?

Yes 99 E5 exclusively,  the engine runs a lot better, it’s quieter and more responsive. Tesco have it for £1.51 a litre 👌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update: The brake fluid is DOT 4

I bought a tester off eBay, it shows OK with 1% water value.

I will replace the brake fluid in the summer anyways.

BTW, I have noticed a slight vobration while idle after the engine worms up. If I rev it to 900-1000, it dissappeara. Any ideas?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dublap said:

Update: The brake fluid is DOT 4

I bought a tester off ebay, it shows OK with 1% water value.

I will replace the brake fluid in the summer anyways.

BTW, I have noticed a slight vobration while idle after the engine worms up. If I rev it to 900-1000, it dissappeara. Any ideas?

Good stuff,

don’t worry too much about it, if all has been checked, the car had been serviced and drives fine small vibrations, rattling, noises are normal for Toyota cars, it’s not a Bentley it’s an Auris 😄👌

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Next on the list is to buy a wheel wrench because the original one was lost most probably (its not there anymore). 

Idk what size are the nuts but found this one which has  17mm/19mm /21mm/23mm so one of them should fit. 

Sorry Tony, I've missed your previous post about Petrol. I fill it up with 99 E5 as well, from Tesco also, it seems ok.

1 hour ago, dublap said:

Next on the list is to buy a wheel wrench because the original one was lost most probably (its not there anymore). 

Idk what size are the nuts but found this one which has  17mm/19mm /21mm/23mm so one of them should fit. 

Sorry Tony, I've missed your previous post about Petrol. I fill it up with 99 E5 as well, from Tesco also, it seems ok.

One idea about the wheel wrench, you can buy a torque wrench from Lidl or Aldi and they have included the right bit I think is 19mm, and make sure you tight up always to 102Nm cross pattern. You can also get a beaker bar 1/2 40+ cm long and use with the same 19mm bit, this is what I use for my car, job done and always to correct torque 👍 Your example is good, have one of this too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/4/2021 at 6:51 PM, TonyHSD said:

You can also get a beaker bar 1/2 40+ cm long

I'd 2nd that Tony, 1/2inch breaker bar will make the job lot easier, with a 21mm deep socket, and book says 103Nm torque

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not an update but I am thinking to buy an OBD Scanner. Any advises?

Depends how professional you want it. I got a cheap one for maybe 20 GBP with a screen, that i keep in the car, and also Toyota Techstream at home.

No need to buy expensive diagnostics, when you can buy Techstream cable for maybe 10 GBP or so, and be able to use Toyota's own diagnostic with it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I use Carista and happy so far helps me going through the issues. Yearly subscription it’s a bit of downside but if you compare with dealers visits pays off many times. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was

2 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

I use Carista and happy so far helps me going through the issues. Yearly subscription it’s a bit of downside but if you compare with dealers visits pays off many times. 

I was looking at it the other day, can you remove error codes as well? And customize functions?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dublap said:

I was

I was looking at it the other day, can you remove error codes as well? And customize functions?

Yes you can, it’s pretty good I would say. Air bags, abs, hybrid system, it scans 21 ecu in my auris. Turning off beeps for seat belts or reverse, few things you can do, I had it for two years and only started to use recently on just bought my first subscription today 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

lol, what a coincidence 🙃

can you modify the idle rpm? mine is very low and its vibrating 100 rpm more and its spot on. or should i do that from the throttle body?