Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Daihatsu Sirion handbrake button broke off

Biomecanoid

Hello,

My handbrake button broke off yesterday on my 2006 Daihatsu Sirion. ( The day before yesterday it was at the mechanic for a scheduled service coincidence ? ).

it broke off while driving but luckily there was still a piece stuck inside and I was still able to use the handbrake. I have managed to get the stuck piece out and temporarily replaced the button with a  silver one i had that fitted but its a bit longer than the original and since it's not black it sticks out like a shore thumb.

Anyone knows where I can find a proper replacement ? I attach example photos of what I mean

button.jpg

Button2.jpg

Button3.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi there, I've had the same thing happen to me, same car, did you find a replacement?

• 1 year later...

Hi, I'm a dahiatsu sirion owner and recently my handbrake button broke off like yours, now without the button the lever can't stay up, did you notice the same behavior before replacing the part? 

Sounds like the button has got stuck in, try and pull it out with a pair of long nose pliers

you mean that even without the button the lever can stay up, and the button only function is to release the brake?

yes, you only press it to release the handbrake (releases the ratchet) and press it in when putting back on (it clicks on every tooth of the ratchet otherwise)

i will have a look and see if it's the same part as a Toyota, failing that replace the handbrake lever for a used one

where are you located ??