Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yobbo Chav Exhausts for 2013 Aygo

T4TH

Hello,

I have a 2013 Aygo (first car) and I find the sound to be lacklustre for a British teenager, has anyone on here done aftermarket exhausts on their Aygo? 

Anything to look out for?

Advice and abuse accepted

A wannabe Roy Bacer

1. Performance isn't cheap 10-15 bhp will cost you £1k

2. If it's too good to be true, it usually is

3. You need an audio system that costs more than the car

4. Insurance companies will screw you the rest of your driving career

4a. Tell the insurance company about any mods, they will try everything not to payout after an incident

5. If you get stopped by the police, treat them the way you want to be treated yourself - you will end up in cuffs or in court if you don't

6. Wheel spinning, speed and handbrake turns, will not impress the opposite/same/other gender

7. "Universal" usually means "Fits nothing"

Exhaust there are a few about for the triplets (Aygo, C1 and 107)

Fox does some nice flatulence cannons

https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/uprated/fox-exhaust-backboxes/toyota/aygo.html

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, flash22 said:

A wannabe Roy Bacer

2. If it's too good to be true, it usually is

3. You need an audio system that costs more than the car

4. Insurance companies will screw you the rest of your driving career

4a. Tell the insurance company about any mods, they will try everything not to payout after an incident

5. If you get stopped by the police, treat them the way you want to be treated yourself - you will end up in cuffs or in court if you don't

6. Wheel spinning, speed and handbrake turns, will not impress the opposite/same/other gender

7. "Universal" usually means "Fits nothing"

Exhaust there are a few about for the triplets (Aygo, C1 and 107)

Fox does some nice flatulence cannons

https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/uprated/fox-exhaust-backboxes/toyota/aygo.html

I picked up a few of these mountain biking, but I know that modding a hatchback is ugly, tasteless, dumb, and overly expensive so I'm only really doing it for my own enjoyment and the comedic value, plus my GF hates "reckless driving" so i rarely have a use for it.

Thanks for the reply, made me chuckle during a ******* day at work 🙂

• Haha 1

I had a custom Powerflow stainless steel duplex exhaust made for my Mk1 which cost me just over £400 in 2012 and didn't affect my insurance (but then I was no 'spring chicken'!).

Had to have a small additional silencer fitted to stop it being too noisy but it did what I wanted - a 'nicer' exhaust note and a look to match my other car (which had a duplex exhaust - one for each bank of its V8).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Unless it's a diesel turbo and then it's a 200 quid generic remap. 😀

• Like 2

A remap with supporting mods (intake and exhaust) is about £1k - Turbo/charged cars are always simple to tune, diesels more so as you have fewer parameters to tune

Most of the tuneable/boy racer cars of around in my teens are now classics, some of them commanding big money, saying that car of some member's youth had to have a man with a red flag walking out in front of it

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, flash22 said:

Ah, but nicking your Granny's tea trays and putting those under the back wheels?

You impress everyone with those donuts. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

The guys at Fensport might be worth a chat with - They've done some really stupid things to Toyotas in the past :laugh: 

They used to sell crazy things like a blitz supercharger kit for it, although I think those are on a very lengthy back-order right now. These days it's mostly suspension mods, but they might have some exhausts lying around...

This all reminds me of that AygoCrazy that Toyota made for jokes - Basically a mid-engined RWD Aygo with a 200HP 1.8L engine nicked out of a Corolla! :eek:   I wonder what happened to that thing... Probably in a ditch somewhere, didn't have ABS or power steering as I recall :laugh: 

Hi.

If you ever need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links