Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Long continuous beep

FiestaRed

I was driving this morning and for the first time I heard a single continuous beep for maybe 10 seconds or so. I googled this and one of the results came back as an low temperature or ice warning. As I'm sure we all know it is pretty cold out there so I guess that is a possibility but I've never heard of it before.

Anyone had the same or similar long beeps?

Yep, this is the warning that the road might be icy. Issued the first time that outside temperature of less than 3C is noticed.

1 hour ago, Peterd23 said:

Yep, this is the warning that the road might be icy. Issued the first time that outside temperature of less than 3C is noticed.

Thanks for the confirmation Peter, really appreciate the help. I did have a look in the manual but couldn't find anything obvious about ice or temperatures.

There should have also been an orange ice warning (snowflake symbol) pop up on the display between the clocks when the beep occurred.

After the initial beep and visual warning, the ice symbol should be still visible next to the outside temp readout (though not in orange any more) If you scroll through the options on the multi display, it will be there in the messages/warnings section iirc, in orange. It will stay there until the outside temp increases to over 3 degrees, when it will 'reset and disappear'

The above happens on my saloon version.

• Like 2

mine was just snow and ice covering parking censors and ofcourse tpms light with the sudden drop in temp.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chippy01 said:

There should have also been an orange ice warning (snowflake symbol) pop up on the display between the clocks when the beep occurred.

After the initial beep and visual warning, the ice symbol should be still visible next to the outside temp readout (though not in orange any more) If you scroll through the options on the multi display, it will be there in the messages/warnings section iirc, in orange. It will stay there until the outside temp increases to over 3 degrees, when it will 'reset and disappear'

The above happens on my saloon version.

Thank for the reply Chippy. As far as I could see, there were no 'new' symbols at all showing up when the the beep was sounding. It was the first thing I looked for.

5 hours ago, loz8 said:

mine was just snow and ice covering parking censors and ofcourse tpms light with the sudden drop in temp.

On my parking sensors I seem to have two different volumes with the rears being quieter than the fronts. The long continuous beep was more like the sound the rear sensors make than anything I've heard in the car before. There was no snow on my car as it had been in the garage all night and was reasonably clean. Very strange.

If you have MF display a message also appears in the main display area for a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndrueC said:

If you have MF display a message also appears in the main display area for a while.

Been out and about today but the long beeping never happened at all. The weather has been quite a bit warmer and thankfully, there's no snow about either. I guess it's something I'm going to have to watch and listen out for in the coming weeks.

This sounds to me like the side proximity warning. It will be accompanied by a red line on the graphic of the car. Whereas the beepers in the front and back bumpers react to objects directly, the side warning seems to be a mathematical assessment that something may be a bit close! I think it uses the same sensors as the automatic parking assist system that measures the size of the gap you just passed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RabButler said:

This sounds to me like the side proximity warning. It will be accompanied by a red line on the graphic of the car. Whereas the beepers in the front and back bumpers react to objects directly, the side warning seems to be a mathematical assessment that something may be a bit close! I think it uses the same sensors as the automatic parking assist system that measures the size of the gap you just passed. 

I was driving on a open road with no walls or other traffic Rab and as I mentioned, I didn't spot any warnings at all on the graphics. Thanks for the reply.

I had a focus years ago that liked to bong with temperature warnings a lot, accompanied by an orange snowflake at 4 degrees and a red one at zero. The problem with it was that it repeated every time it saw the temp cross under that threshold, so it could get rather annoying driving on days where the temperature was hovering around the 4 degree mark.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links