Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Road or left kerb distortion through windscreen

TruBlu

Distortion is often a design issue. Due to shape/style of car, screens are often moulded to a shape which suits the design of the vehicle. This means distortion around edges where curvature is more acute, is often seen as an issue. Not saying it isn’t an issue, but many cars will have this problem.

If owners feel it’s a safety issue, make sure it’s reported to dealer and Customer relations. If enough report it, Toyota will need to investigate and possibly do a recall. I know C-HR was recalled for front screen issues ( cracking ) a couple of years ago.

Toyota may deem the distortion acceptable - if investigated. If this is the case, maybe a second opinion from AA or similar might help.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cyker said:

the Mk4 which have much more conventional lower and tilted seating positions (I almost feel like I'm lying down in the Mk4 compared to the Mk1 and Mk2 :laugh: )

That would be OG boy racer style, innit ! 🤣

• Haha 2

Referring the issue to Toyota is the first step in resolving the OP's issue.

The OP was asked on 22nd December whether this issue has been raised with either their Toyota dealer or Toyota GB and, despite visiting the topic since (including today), hasn't replied to the question. 

So, apart from just talking about the issue, there seems little point in continuing with the topic.

Topic locked.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links