Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

As I understand (so could be wrong) PHEVs and HEVs come from different factories (in Japan) so there's no particular reason why their delivery times should be similar - Toyota can't simply switch from the production of one to the other along the line according to demand.

Total time is made up from:

• The order waiting for a production slot - could be hours; could be months
  • Factory build - about two days
  • Waiting for a berth on a boat - could be days; could be weeks
  • The voyage - anything from around six weeks upwards depending on the route, number of stops en route (and possible the location of the Ever Given)
  • Time at Portbury waiting for transport to Burnaston
  • Time a Burnaston doing whatever Toyota do there for UK cars and waiting for transport to your dealer
  • Time at the dealer for prep and fitting of dealer fitted accessories

BUT ... when we order a car, Toyota will tend to supply the next available vehicle that meets the order spec - they won't go and build one specially if one is already available. So for mine (a HEV) the time from 'order' to delivery was around 5 weeks - one of which was spent at the dealer's. The car in question was already in Portbury when I 'ordered' it - they had lots of cancelled orders through 2020 due to Covid concerns ...

• Like 2

And delivery times last week/month/year are irrelevant. It is the situation when YOUR order is placed. Not what someone else experienced. If we had ordered our PHEV on the day the price dropped we could have had one from stock. However we were on holiday and took a few days to sort ourselves out by which time the Dynamic Premiums available in the UK had all sold. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, philip42h said:

Do RAVs for Estonia come from Japan or Russia?

From Japan of course, in Russia they don't produce any hybrid versions.

4 hours ago, LynxE said:

Hello! I ordered mine the same time, a week later and the dealer said It comes in March. I live in Estonia, but don't think there is a big difference in terms of delivery time. The app still shows that the order is processed, your too?

Yes, MyT app stills shows "processing order"

I ordered my HEV Dynamic right at the end of September and was given a mid March delivery (no change as yet). Posts on the comparison with PHEV and HEV delivery seem to indicate the higher demand for HEV models. I would probably have gone for a PHEV model, but sadly at present, I have no facility for home charging, as we live in a complex of flats. The HEV for me is the best option. I have been told by my dealer that my vehicle will be a MY2022 build. 

I’m in a similar situation, ordered a RAV 4 Excel on the 18th October expected date for delivery was April 2022 but I have nothing showing in the My T app.

Chased my dealer again today but they say they cannot do anything until they get the VIN number.

If anyone can find from their dealer how they get the info needed so quickly please let me know.

Thanks

I ordered my white RAV4 excel on 22nd September and the order is still not yet been allocated a build date although the dealer database shows a forecast delivery of mid february 22! I am told that ordering it with the white leather interior may delay the build ho hum.

Currently the MyT app acknowledges me and has allocated me a toyota id but that is my lot, nothing about the order at all. I have been told by my dealer that the App will self populate when the order gets a definite build date. 

Whilst I would be very happy to see the car available to me in mid Feb I am not taking any bets on whether it will be available then, as I have also been told it could take up to 2 months from build completion to its arrival in the UK and with no allocated build date I have serious doubts about the mid Feb date.

If the dealer adds your email address to your order, you should see the order in MyT app.

My dealer said all kinds of excuses for not adding  my email address to order. I contacted Toyota over their web chat and email their customer relations. Toyota called the dealer and all sorted. I guess the sales person needed a phone call from directly Toyota.... He wasn't very happy about me contacting Toyota directly.

Thanks for your posts, I'll give it a try.

To be fair the salesman I'm dealing with is new but he tells me he as asked others and they say Toyota will update when they have an assigned VIN number.

6 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

Thanks for your posts, I'll give it a try.

To be fair the salesman I'm dealing with is new but he tells me he as asked others and they say Toyota will update when they have an assigned VIN number.

Which is, I think, mostly 'tosh' ... 😉

The MyT app will track an order based on the order number until that order is fulfilled.

It will then 'talk' to your car based on VIN / Registration number and tell you details about your vehicle - once it is satisfied that the vehicle is in your possession.

But not all dealers are equal to the task it would appear! 🙂

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, philip42h said:

Which is, I think, mostly 'tosh' ... 😉

The MyT app will track an order based on the order number until that order is fulfilled.

It will then 'talk' to your car based on VIN / Registration number and tell you details about your vehicle - once it is satisfied that the vehicle is in your possession.

But not all dealers are equal to the task it would appear! 🙂

Yes I suspect (know) you are correct, I've just email the sales person again, his response was he will past it on to his manager, we will see. 

I’ve now found out why My T app is not showing any details, I am a member of an association which has a deal with Toyota and as such I get the car at a reduced price and it is classed as a fleet sale.

• Like 1

I can't even get Lex to tell me who the supplying dealer is so I can ask them to get me hooked up to my order!  Annoying.

From what I have been told you will not be able to get the information directly as it outside the retail system but the dealer who is taking delivery should get some updates but if Lex will not give you the dealer name I don't know what you can do.

On 11/30/2021 at 4:04 PM, Roger_N said:

I’m in a similar situation, ordered a RAV 4 Excel on the 18th October expected date for delivery was April 2022 but I have nothing showing in the My T app.

Chased my dealer again today but they say they cannot do anything until they get the VIN number.

If anyone can find from their dealer how they get the info needed so quickly please let me know.

Thanks

I ordered  an HEV Excel on the same date and was told delivery in April. Dealer update this week said delivery in February, maybe 😲

Trade in value on Autotrader,  of current car has risen though so it will be interesting to see if the variable valuation clause in the contract works in my favour ho hum!

7 hours ago, ZZYGY said:

I ordered  an HEV Excel on the same date and was told delivery in April. Dealer update this week said delivery in February, maybe 😲

Trade in value on Autotrader,  of current car has risen though so it will be interesting to see if the variable valuation clause in the contract works in my favour ho hum!

You don’t have to trade it in. Just because you have agreed that doesn’t stop you selling elsewhere and negotiating a discount. I effectively reduced my cost to change by £3000 by selling privately and negotiating rather than trade in my previous car.

2 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

You don’t have to trade it in. Just because you have agreed that doesn’t stop you selling elsewhere and negotiating a discount. I effectively reduced my cost to change by £3000 by selling privately and negotiating rather than trade in my previous car.

Adrian

Out of interest who was offering the best price in your case?

Motorway however I got £250 more with private sale. Webuyanycar we’re over £1000 lower and trade- in even less. Negotiated almost £2000 discount on new purchase - better than Carwow price. 

I ordered an Excel HEV on 17 August via Drivethedeal. Appointed dealer had MyT app up and running on 20 August and indicated a mid-January delivery date. Status changed to 'Build in progress' on 9 November. Then changed to 'Left the factory' on 19 November which coincided with a car transporter leaving Nagoya for Portbury. (See this thread for very useful tracking information https://gr-yaris.co.uk/forum/threads/list-of-vehicle-carriers-in-transit-to-europe.995/page-102).  The ship has aPortbury ETA of 20 December. Assuming next steps are Burnaston PDI, fit of extras inc. towbar etc, transport to dealer I am hopeful my Excel is on track and maybe slightly early (depending on Christmas hols etc).  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, JanneG said:

I ordered an Excel HEV on 17 August via Drivethedeal. Appointed dealer had MyT app up and running on 20 August and indicated a mid-January delivery date. Status changed to 'Build in progress' on 9 November. Then changed to 'Left the factory' on 19 November which coincided with a car transporter leaving Nagoya for Portbury. (See this thread for very useful tracking information https://gr-yaris.co.uk/forum/threads/list-of-vehicle-carriers-in-transit-to-europe.995/page-102).  The ship has aPortbury ETA of 20 December. Assuming next steps are Burnaston PDI, fit of extras inc. towbar etc, transport to dealer I am hopeful my Excel is on track and maybe slightly early (depending on Christmas hols etc).  

Thank you so much for such an illustrative example of an order timeline! I understand that's not a firm schedule, but at least we can roughly predict when the status will be changed.

3 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

Thanks, I know that. The trade in price was as good as the Autotrader and Carwow prices so I went along with it, for now😁 It's good to have an advantage for once.

I bought a nearly new Honda Accord online around 2001 ,  it was top spec and about 25% less than the book price so I snapped it up.  When it arrived on the truck they had sent a lesser spec and different colour so I made them take it back and send the right one, Much wailing and gnashing of teeth saying the listing was wrong, but I had screenshots of the original offer and had paid up front.

1 hour ago, Flatcoat said:

Motorway however I got £250 more with private sale. Webuyanycar we’re over £1000 lower and trade- in even less. Negotiated almost £2000 discount on new purchase - better than Carwow price. 

Thanks for letting me know.

My trade-in was £1000 more than Webuyanycar but as we only have one car at present I will have to wait until the new car is ready for pickup (or within a few days) before I can commit to a sale elsewhere. The Toyota dealer was much better than the Mazda dealer for trade-in by £2800, strange times with car prices at present.

1 hour ago, JanneG said:

Unfortunately Drivethedeal no longer offer Toyota. I tried to order a PHEV through them when the price dropped in September but the dealer messed DTD about. DTD then dropped Toyota. 

Used Drivethedeal twice over the past years. Ist time was first class. Second time was a nightmare.

Used UK Car Discount. Com for this one and quite honestly I can’t recommend them highly enough.

Family business and they care.

Every order was a factory build with extras .

regards Terry.

Hi. I just ordered the Dynamic Premium yesterday and the dealer said due to arrive May 2022.