Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

Yes it was. As a result, MyT was not activated by the dealer, but it is very easy to add a car using VIN number and then activate it following steps from MyT. Took me about 20 minutes.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rav4ster said:

If anyone can find out the exact build date from the VIN

There are lots of VIN decoders you could try on the web but I don't know if these can tell you a specific date. I believe the 10th character is the manufacturing year, M=2021 N=2022. Characters 12-17 are the sequence number (presumably 000001 is the first one off the line for the year) but it would be tricky to get a definitive build date from this. The character in between, i.e. 11, is the plant identifier so not really any help for the date.

2 hours ago, Roger_N said:

If anyone can find out the exact build date

The exact date of manufacture is given on the Certificate of Conformity - though you may not have that for a lease car?

The VIN gives a model year, plant of assembly and a serial number, but you would need other information from the factory to get an actual build date from that ... 😉

(and, I've got a 2020MY car, manufactured in July 2020, and the 10th character of the VIN is 0 (zero))

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, philip42h said:

(and, I've got a 2020MY car, manufactured in July 2020, and the 10th character of the VIN is 0 (zero))

Sorry if I gave duff info. I should have checked mine first. That is also zero and mine was 2021. If it's any excuse, i couldn't remember the year code and got it from here. https://www.edmunds.com/how-to/how-to-quickly-decode-your-vin.html

Clearly they've got it wrong. Maybe a US site but I thought VINs were international.

Good shout philip42, I will check the certificate later. And as you, my car VIN number 10th character is 0 as well

On 3/3/2022 at 9:14 AM, Roger_N said:

Yes dealers are only able to pass on the information given and as you know mine is bought under a pseudo lease agreement I have no other way to get information and the reason I keep a close eye on you order as it was within 3 days of mine. At least your dealer calls you The only information I get is after chasing them, anyway the info is reasonably similar to yours.

MyT app shows the car moved to Derby  last Friday and JSON data is updated too and it shows delivery date for next Monday. Dealer insists the car will be delivered to them beginning of April.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rav4ster said:

Good shout philip42, I will check the certificate later. And as you, my car VIN number 10th character is 0 as well

Nigel is correct though, the 10th character of the standard VIN format is supposed to indicate model or build year. Clearly Toyota don't use that digit and fill with a zero.

Once I'd found a site that will actually decode my VIN it told me that the 10th character contained an invalid digit so didn't have a build/model year, and then went on to tell me that I had a 2020 MY car. So, I assuming / guessing that Toyota encode the MY within characters 4-8 to provide vehicle model, MY, engine size and type ...

53 minutes ago, atartan said:

MyT app shows the car moved to Derby  last Friday and JSON data is updated too and it shows delivery date for next Monday. Dealer insists the car will be delivered to them beginning of April.

The JSON data for my PHEV was spot on and I told the dealer when my car was being delivered before he told me. 😊

10 minutes ago, Hayzee said:

The JSON data for my PHEV was spot on and I told the dealer when my car was being delivered before he told me. 😊

Me too!  It came 3 days earlier than expected and I could see when it had arrived. My dealer never got in touch so I waited a week and told him! 😂

• Haha 1

Anyone ordered a RAV4 PHEV Recently, what was the quoted delivery date ? 

I've ordered mine on 13/02 and delivery expected by September

Br

Is anybody else expecting a vehicle in the near future. I have had a look at the marine traffic apps and a vehicle carrier, Michigan Highway, from Japan, is due to arrive at Portbury on Thursday this week. Ever hopeful mine is on that ship!! 

3 hours ago, atartan said:

My guess would be they have met their target for selling cars in March and are saving some to boost April sales.

2 hours ago, JMCterrano2 said:

Anyone ordered a RAV4 PHEV Recently, what was the quoted delivery date ? 

I've ordered mine on 13/02 and delivery expected by September

Br

Ordered mine in January, originally stated for delivery 20th if May, now delayed until the 14th if June.

Got mine last Friday .  Ordered on Nov 18 - arrived March 4th.  Well happy with it

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AAMkADM5NzQ1Y2UzLWQ0ZjctNGNhZi1hMzJhLWFjNTk2ZWFkMmQ2NQBGAAAAAACTiNzeEJi3TL%2FZpgEI2UDyBwD%2BDUvdHPt8RKkEvysWUDZ9AAACqovVAABUdCPJAJ4tSKdKOEHU4epaAAGhTCjTAAABEgAQAIQFI0ScotRGhVw3nrSVpuc%3D&thumbnailType=2&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IkZBRDY1NDI2MkM2QUYyOTYxQUExRThDQUI3OEZGMUIyNzBFNzA3RTkiLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJ4NXQiOiItdFpVSml4cThwWWFvZWpLdDRfeHNuRG5CLWsifQ.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.Rdgpcg9kznM89xutwCZv5MdbRM0nV3fJH53Yc7FchprdfUjWuZxj3evYUjzn4xABHcu3oqqBM-mdSQpz5Z8tjueXh-9WVLfGbuc9H6GyCJlOJO3OWqZF26vABErAesPLjUVxHuLH6f2aSgt7FNE5AhElEuL-5LdZUQsHXfLT_d-Lm7hu4Y5IwjAZ-wZa7P69iPhSB5Fcneo9gL0QAYBPXRzqtuDRZkuCkq9JnW_IqaNnviRQ1aJU46Uu5ejYCXXRqfXKPywzFvHd9fOFHEmtGwVP3Wn6sMYO1YiI1dcl9tEx5qxv9LcvbZYA5PSeygT2SPwspiuqe-W2gFe3IkCSQA&X-OWA-CANARY=54LdwnkackuST00JAdsgn7BSDDYYAdoYugiNv_8chYa9uSdyI3O0zoUX1qqx4YlPgkrb-vQMB6I.&owa=outlook.office365.com&scriptVer=20220225004.03&animation=true

2 hours ago, AnApeNamedJoe said:

Ordered mine in January, originally stated for delivery 20th if May, now delayed until the 14th if June.

Thank you for the feedback

In your case the dates and factory is already in the MyT app?

6 hours ago, Roop said:

Got mine last Friday .  Ordered on Nov 18 - arrived March 4th.  Well happy with it

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AAMkADM5NzQ1Y2UzLWQ0ZjctNGNhZi1hMzJhLWFjNTk2ZWFkMmQ2NQBGAAAAAACTiNzeEJi3TL%2FZpgEI2UDyBwD%2BDUvdHPt8RKkEvysWUDZ9AAACqovVAABUdCPJAJ4tSKdKOEHU4epaAAGhTCjTAAABEgAQAIQFI0ScotRGhVw3nrSVpuc%3D&thumbnailType=2&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IkZBRDY1NDI2MkM2QUYyOTYxQUExRThDQUI3OEZGMUIyNzBFNzA3RTkiLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJ4NXQiOiItdFpVSml4cThwWWFvZWpLdDRfeHNuRG5CLWsifQ.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.Rdgpcg9kznM89xutwCZv5MdbRM0nV3fJH53Yc7FchprdfUjWuZxj3evYUjzn4xABHcu3oqqBM-mdSQpz5Z8tjueXh-9WVLfGbuc9H6GyCJlOJO3OWqZF26vABErAesPLjUVxHuLH6f2aSgt7FNE5AhElEuL-5LdZUQsHXfLT_d-Lm7hu4Y5IwjAZ-wZa7P69iPhSB5Fcneo9gL0QAYBPXRzqtuDRZkuCkq9JnW_IqaNnviRQ1aJU46Uu5ejYCXXRqfXKPywzFvHd9fOFHEmtGwVP3Wn6sMYO1YiI1dcl9tEx5qxv9LcvbZYA5PSeygT2SPwspiuqe-W2gFe3IkCSQA&X-OWA-CANARY=54LdwnkackuST00JAdsgn7BSDDYYAdoYugiNv_8chYa9uSdyI3O0zoUX1qqx4YlPgkrb-vQMB6I.&owa=outlook.office365.com&scriptVer=20220225004.03&animation=true

Photo isn’t working for me?

thumbnail_IMG_0912.jpg

• Like 6

Found the manufacturing date in the conformity certificate: 26/11/2021.  Looks like was one of the last MY21 cars

My app changed to build today - 🙂

I'm assuming build is actually pretty fast - dealer still saying May delivery but 'could be sooner given it is now in build'.

My order in the MyT app is showing as "Processing order", which I take to mean that they don't as yet have a build date scheduled.  How far in advance does Toyota determine a build date and does this actually appear on the app?  The next item in the order process list is "Build in progress", so it doesn't look like there will be any further update until they actually start assembling the car?  It would be nice if the app would at least give an indication of a likely build date, as the lead time to build is surely going to be a lot longer than the build to delivery time.  On that point, what is the likely timescale to go from build to delivery?

4 minutes ago, Centaur said:

My order in the MyT app is showing as "Processing order", which I take to mean that they don't as yet have a build date scheduled.  How far in advance does Toyota determine a build date and does this actually appear on the app?  The next item in the order process list is "Build in progress", so it doesn't look like there will be any further update until they actually start assembling the car?  It would be nice if the app would at least give an indication of a likely build date, as the lead time to build is surely going to be a lot longer than the build to delivery time.  On that point, what is the likely timescale to go from build to delivery?

It takes somewhere between 6 - 8 weeks usually from the time it shows left the factory on the app, if you look back through this thread you will get some idea of the time it has taken for the cars to arrive but the carrier can get delayed getting in and out of ports so the time is only a rough guide.

13 minutes ago, Centaur said:

The factory is building cars for multiple markets and shipping time is affected by many factors. Number of cars to fill the hold, stop off points en-route, weather, dock capacity, ship sinking (VW just lost an entire ship load of cars bound for the US) and so on. It is not an exact science. 

2 hours ago, Centaur said:

Mine was 'processing order' for just over 6 months and then moved to 'build' today - so yep seems it can sit a while in that first step