Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

On 3/22/2022 at 7:26 PM, FORBES said:

Excellent exterior colour choice the same as I have ordered but with beige interior. Any chance you could  put up a rear side on photo. Thanks

Pictures you asked for I hope this is what you were after.

OSR2JPEG.JPEG

IMG_0749.JPEG

OFS.JPEG

• Like 4

Roger, THAT is a lovely colour. 👏👏👏

• Thanks 1

It is a great colour, looks stunning in sunshine. I prefer those wheels to the PHEV Dynamic style, too blingy. Just realised that has chrome door handle inserts, that looks good. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Roger_N said:

Pictures you asked for I hope this is what you were after.

OSR2JPEG.JPEG

IMG_0749.JPEG

OFS.JPEG

Great thanks

On 3/22/2022 at 7:48 PM, Lawnmowerman said:

Take it you couldn't wait for a Silver Blade then...............🤣

Roger - could you fit a full size spare wheel in there or is it only enough to fit a space saver wheel?  Ta 😊

1 hour ago, Bolt13 said:

Roger - could you fit a full size spare wheel in there or is it only enough to fit a space saver wheel?  Ta 😊

I will see what the space is like tomorrow but I think a 123/555R19 is possibly to big

4 hours ago, Roger_N said:

I will see what the space is like tomorrow but I think a 123/555R19 is possibly to big

Thanks - appreciate it 👍🏻  Mine will be a 225/55/R19.

It’s not coming until May, so plenty of time 🤞🏻

Lovin’ the colour - similar to my current Corolla TS 👍🏻😊

35 minutes ago, Bolt13 said:

Mine will be a 225/55/R19

Will it? IIRC a MY21 Dynamic / Black Edition would have arrived on 225 tyres. A full size 225 will fit in the wheel well with the boot at its higher setting. There are YouTube videos about that show this ...

The MY22 Dynamic comes of 235 tyres - so 10mm deeper which may or may not quite fit. I'm not aware of any member who has reported trying this.

My guess is that 'new' Black Editions" will be based  on the MY22 Dynamic spec but what do I know? No, I really don't know ... 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, philip42h said:

Will it? IIRC a MY21 Dynamic / Black Edition would have arrived on 225 tyres. A full size 225 will fit in the wheel well with the boot at its higher setting. There are YouTube videos about that show this ...

The MY22 Dynamic comes of 235 tyres - so 10mm deeper which may or may not quite fit. I'm not aware of any member who has reported trying this.

My guess is that 'new' Black Editions" will be based  on the MY22 Dynamic spec but what do I know? No, I really don't know ... 🙂

Hi Philip, not really sure what we will get for the Black Editions as they had stopped making them, but are honouring outstanding orders - whether we will get any 22 upgrades or not, so just gonna wait and see.

11 hours ago, Bolt13 said:

Hi Philip, not really sure what we will get for the Black Editions as they had stopped making them, but are honouring outstanding orders - whether we will get any 22 upgrades or not, so just gonna wait and see.

As you say, it may be a case of waiting to see what comes with the black edition as there is no 22MY spec to know what may have change - but you may be pleasantly surprised as I’m sure the original spec when you would have placed your order had a full size spare as standard (and whatever the width, you’d like to think it would still come hidden away under the boot floor) 👍🏻

9 minutes ago, Ce1 said:

As you say, it may be a case of waiting to see what comes with the black edition as there is no 22MY spec to know what may have change - but you may be pleasantly surprised as I’m sure the original spec when you would have placed your order had a full size spare as standard 👍🏻

The last spec (1st Oct 21)I have for the Black Edition has a TRK and no spare.

Snap13.thumb.jpg.8bda0e90302e7db2946386a61ceccb16.jpg

13 minutes ago, Ce1 said:

original spec when you would have placed your order had a full size spare as standard

and it's a very long time since a UK spec RAV4 was delivered with a full-size spare ...

1 hour ago, Roger_N said:

The last spec (1st Oct 21)I have for the Black Edition has a TRK and no spare.

Snap13.thumb.jpg.8bda0e90302e7db2946386a61ceccb16.jpg

Just found out the spec and seems you are right, so I’m not sure where I got that from (https://www.toyota.co.uk/download/cms/gben/RAV4_price_list_Jun_2021_WEB_tcm-3060-1968495.pdf).

I have noticed Parker’s seem to list “Full Size Spare” under Black Edition Standard Equipment, so maybe I’ve seen it listed somewhere based on that spec or something, who knows haha (https://www.parkers.co.uk/toyota/rav4/suv-2019/25-vvt-i-hybrid-black-edition-5dr-cvt/specs/).

17 hours ago, Bolt13 said:

Thanks - appreciate it 👍🏻  Mine will be a 225/55/R19.

It’s not coming until May, so plenty of time 🤞🏻

Lovin’ the colour - similar to my current Corolla TS 👍🏻😊

As Philip said you should be OK with a 225/55R19 but a 235 looks to be just to big, it may be JUST Ok if it was part inflated but too close to call, diameter there is no issue with as the space saver in mine is slightly bigger then a 235 wheel and tyre.

IMG_0751.thumb.JPEG.ddba78d08bfc3b2472ed91ee834fab8b.JPEG

• Like 1

The difference in diameter between the 225 and 235 is 5mm….. the difference in width is 10mm….. struggling to believe the 235 will not fit. 

52 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

The difference in diameter between the 225 and 235 is 5mm….. the difference in width is 10mm….. struggling to believe the 235 will not fit. 

Take into account the sidewall bulge 10mm (5 each side) may be a little more and the floor will not fit flat. Unfortunately I can't try the full size wheel at present as I'm struggling with my back.

On 3/22/2022 at 8:50 PM, FORBES said:

Another name I have for silver blade is Mod edit as everyone has 1. No offence  intended.

Mod edit? Really? It's not Sunday School - we are all adults surely?

Hi Fellow Rav4 members,

I ordered my Rav4 2022 Excel 2WD on 12/11/2021 with the premium pack and beige interior. My ETA on MyT is around Aug 2022. Anyone has received their RAV 4 earlier than the ETA provided by the dealership? Nearly 9 months of waiting time?

Just been told I can pick up my Rav4 Excel on Tuesday, which is perfect timing as I'm driving to France that week,  be s nice drive to break it in. 

@Disco Pants lucky you! Enjoy your trip to France.  How long you need to wait for your new car? Did you select any optional packages for your Excel?

1 hour ago, Lawnmowerman said:

Mod edit? Really?

Yes, as the spelling was an attempt to get around the profanity filter. Check the forum rules.

My car status changed to “build in progress” two weeks ago and hasn’t moved since.  How long normally does it take to move from “build in Progress” to “left the factory”?

My pickup date was 20th May but it’s now changed to 1st June. I’ve been waiting since first week in October. Got to say I’m getting a bit tired of waiting now. I was originally told Feb from the dealer. 

i think the added delay was due to a quake in Japan and Toyota supply chain issues causing plant closures. Also a cyberattack seems to have caused a lot of disruption.m to production.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Economy/Natural-disasters/Toyota-and-Subaru-idle-plants-as-quakes-disrupt-supply-chains

19 hours ago, Jeffrey Loh said:

@Disco Pants lucky you! Enjoy your trip to France.  How long you need to wait for your new car? Did you select any optional packages for your Excel?

Ordered it 1st November with no optional extras, just standard Excel HEV

10 hours ago, Adaml99 said:

My car status changed to “build in progress” two weeks ago and hasn’t moved since.  How long normally does it take to move from “build in Progress” to “left the factory”?

Mine was around 2 weeks… I had a notification saying “build in progress” on 9th March, then changed to “left the factory” on 22nd March.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ce1 said:

Mine was around 2 weeks… I had a notification saying “build in progress” on 9th March, then changed to “left the factory” on 22nd March.

A week behind you Craig, so 🤞🏻 mine will update to ‘left the factory’ this week 🙃

• Like 1