Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

My PHEV is in week 2 of build now and I've just driven one. Pleased with the lack of body roll and general comfort over undulations. Felt the weight of it on the need for more pressure on the brake pedal than I expected and the growl under heavy throttle is, well growly. Overall though I have to say it's a really nice place to be, very quiet when not being pushed and seems small when behind the wheel and when driven like I guess it should be it really is a civilised vehicle. So happy. 

• Like 1

Hi all,

Anyone has any update on their delivery, ordered my PHEV Dynamic mid February quoted delivery September 2022, no update until now, however the Toyota page is now giving a 45 Week estimate delivery time, against 26 weeks at the time I've ordered. Anyone had an update from their dealer ?

Will try to contact mine to see if they are able to provide an update.

With events in Ukraine affecting different supply chains the car industry is in turmoil again. Some manufacturers are stopping taking orders altogether for some models. 

36 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

With events in Ukraine affecting different supply chains the car industry is in turmoil again. Some manufacturers are stopping taking orders altogether for some models. 

Should expect delays on delivery ?

1 hour ago, JMCterrano2 said:

Should expect delays on delivery ?

Probably but car manufacturers are themselves struggling with a range of known unknowns and uncertainty. Giving precise delivery times has become an almost impossible dark art the implications of which few customers understand and simply complain about their dealer or salesperson for not knowing. 

Tracking car build status: mine is coming via a lease deal broker. is there a way of tracking the car without a vin number? being told by broker my Dynamic is "expected April 26th" but would like to track it myself?

18 minutes ago, Merthyrboy said:

Tracking car build status: mine is coming via a lease deal broker. is there a way of tracking the car without a vin number? being told by broker my Dynamic is "expected April 26th" but would like to track it myself?

If it's a lease deal you can't track it, I've just got mine that way. the best you can do is see if anyone ordered around the same time as you and see if they will keep you informed via the forum or just check with the dealer who ordered it but they may not give you the information.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Merthyrboy said:

When have you order it ? and what trim ?

On 3/29/2022 at 5:08 PM, JMCterrano2 said:

When have you order it ? and what trim ?

ordered 1st Nov: Toyota RAV4 Estate 2.5 VVT-i Hybrid Dynamic 5dr CVT 

Mine is the same. It’s being leased via company through VWFS, so was told no way to track. 

Ordered 24th Dec: HEV Dynamic Premium - just been told by the dealer today that delivery is expected in September. I was given July-September as ETA's.

3 minutes ago, sonosp said:

just been told by the dealer today that delivery is expected in September

Various things have affected production in Japan where UK market Rav's are built - Covid, parts shortages (including chips), etc - so estimates provided last year are fluid to say the least. 

Similar to other manufacturers, some of which are affected by parts supplies from Ukraine as well.

Just now, FROSTYBALLS said:

Various things have affected production in Japan where UK market Rav's are built - Covid, parts shortages (including chips), etc - so estimates provided last year are fluid to say the least. 

Similar to other manufacturers, some of which are affected by parts supplies from Ukraine as well.

Yeah, I'm taking it with a pinch of salt. 

On 3/28/2022 at 10:11 AM, Ce1 said:

Mine was around 2 weeks… I had a notification saying “build in progress” on 9th March, then changed to “left the factory” on 22nd March.

I’ve been ‘spotting’ RAV’s for months now, as they are a rare breed round my parts and hardly saw any 😕

However, I’m seeing more and more on the roads now ✔️

Even seen 2 Black Editions!  A supplier at work has one of them 😲😁

What an earth am I going to do when mine arrives? 🤭🤣🤣🤣

Get ready for some long wait times again!

Toyota have stopped taking orders for MY2022 PHEV models due to the current order backlog.  All orders from now on will be for the MY2023 model - it will have T-Mate 3.0 and the cloud based navigation system now on the Corolla, CH-R and Yaris. 

Quoted lead time is last week of January 2023 - just the 10 months!!

I believe the Hybrid model will follow suit in April - so get your orders in now!!

21 minutes ago, duncerduncs said:

Toyota have stopped taking orders for MY2022 PHEV models due to the current order backlog.  All orders from now on will be for the MY2023 model - it will have T-Mate 3.0 and the cloud based navigation system now on the Corolla, CH-R and Yaris. 

I believe the Hybrid model will follow suit in April - so get your orders in now!!

Where did you see this info?

42 minutes ago, duncerduncs said:

Not unduly surprised given ongoing world events and their impact on supply chains. 

2 hours ago, Roger_N said:

Where did you see this info?

Bestcar.jp has a story on their website and KINTO confirmed it to me this morning. 

I ordered my RAV4 Excel 2WD early Jan with a lease company with estimated delivery Sep/Oct. I contacted them yesterday to see if this estimate has changed as my Partner who has ordered the Corolla Touring Sport at the same time as me has had his delivery pushed back. They confirmed for mine we are looking at Sep latest, I know we still have plenty of time for this to change but really hoping Sep is correct 🤞🏻

With Ukraine and a resurgence of Covid in China i think forecasting for any manufacturer has become a bit of a lottery. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liv said:

I ordered my RAV4 Excel 2WD early Jan with a lease company with estimated delivery Sep/Oct. I contacted them yesterday to see if this estimate has changed as my Partner who has ordered the Corolla Touring Sport at the same time as me has had his delivery pushed back. They confirmed for mine we are looking at Sep latest, I know we still have plenty of time for this to change but really hoping Sep is correct 🤞🏻

Liv

As you have ordered a fleet (lease) you have to rely on the dealer for delivery information, if your partner ordered via a dealer for the sale they should be able to track it on the MyT app or register on the Toyota web site once the dealer has sent your info to Toyota.

If you can find someone on this site that has ordered (from a dealer) close to the same time as you ask them to keep you informed about their order as this possibly a way to track yours (it worked for me) but depending on any packs i.e. sunroof these can also change delivery times.

I ordered my RAV4 PHEV Dynamic Premium in Silver Blade on the 22nd of December, and I've been told it'll reach the dealer on the 11th of May. The vehicle is apparently in transit. So I'm surprised you've been told your vehicle may take until October to arrive if you ordered in January. Maybe they've been too optimistic with the date they gave me.

18 minutes ago, AnApeNamedJoe said:

I ordered my RAV4 PHEV Dynamic Premium in Silver Blade on the 22nd of December, and I've been told it'll reach the dealer on the 11th of May. The vehicle is apparently in transit. So I'm surprised you've been told your vehicle may take until October to arrive if you ordered in January. Maybe they've been too optimistic with the date they gave me.

Past delivery times are largely irrelevant, it is supply chain problems that are now arising that dictate build dates. 

Hi guys, is there any way of tracking a delivery from the VIN no?

Dealer only knows it’s left the factory (Aichi) and both them and I don’t have the original 15 digit order number, so can’t check the JSON.  Presuming it’s coming from Nagoya to Bristol.

The dealer has also said delivery will be June now 😕

Any help would be much appreciated 👍🏻😊