Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

I received the build in progress on 5th April & ETA at dealer is 14th June.

1 hour ago, Vainona70 said:

I received the build in progress on 5th April & ETA at dealer is 14th June.

When did you order ?

On 5/25/2022 at 2:46 PM, JMCterrano2 said:

When did you order ?

4th November 21.

HEV FWD Dynamic JBL/PVM option.

3 hours ago, Enterprise22872 said:

Hi All, anyone know what the typical ETA in weeks is once the car has gone into build? I have been given a date of 25th July, but hoping I might get it a week or 2 before that as I will be going away.

Thanks Pete

• It takes around two days to build, but then may be waiting a couple of weeks for a berth on a ship - allow a couple of weeks
  • Nominal sailing time is around 30 days but that will depend on stops on the way and quite where the the Ever Given is and similar hold-ups - allow five weeks
  • Once it arrives in Portbury it will need to be unloaded and transported to Burnaston - allow a couple of weeks
  • In Burnaston Toyota do what Toyota do to UK cars before shipping to your dealer - allow a couple of weeks
  • Your dealer should be able to do PDI and give it a polish within a week but it will rather depend on how busy they are - but only allow a week!

All told, that makes 12 weeks from going into build until you take delivery - it could be a little quicker as I've tried to be realistic rather than over optimistic ... 😉

That's a comprehensive breakdown of the process!  Does the system show a scheduled build date at some point, though, or does it just go from 'Processing Order' to 'Build in Progress'?  If it does show a scheduled build date, how far ahead does that appear?

2 minutes ago, Centaur said:

That's a comprehensive breakdown of the process!  Does the system show a scheduled build date at some point, though, or does it just go from 'Processing Order' to 'Build in Progress'?  If it does show a scheduled build date, how far ahead does that appear?

as soon as you get the next email "processing order" the JON should then be populated with the Expected build date and all the dates until delivery, they are subject to changes but the recent experience i had with wife's Yaris were minimal 

Mine is still in processing order and cannot see any additional information in the JSON files, however the dealer said this week he is still expecting the delivery for mid September, ordered the PHEV  mid February according to philip24 and if delivery mid September should have some update latest beginning of July 

On 4/17/2022 at 7:39 AM, Mash781 said:

I know it is a long wait and I’ve looked at alternatives but just can’t find anything as good with the low apr. I’ve wanted one for so long a few more months won’t hurt. My Toyota app isn’t showing my order, il have to keep checking in with you to see the progress on yours as we could be on the same boat 🙂

@Mash781 any update from My T regarding your order? I had a chat with the dealership today, and received confirmation that the road tax for our new car is going to cost us around £520 annually instead of the £180 annually due to the changes in the list prince

I wanted to cancel my order but was told that I am not able to get back the deposit I've paid.

I had the same information from my dealer a couple of days ago.  Assuming that it is approximately twelve weeks from build to delivery, would the expected build date not have be before July?  Do I take it, then, that there will be very little time between going from Processing Order to actually building the car?

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Loh said:

@Mash781 any update from My T regarding your order? I had a chat with the dealership today, and received confirmation that the road tax for our new car is going to cost us around £520 annually instead of the £180 annually due to the changes in the list prince

I wanted to cancel my order but was told that I am not able to get back the deposit I've paid.

Not yet Jeffery, I will send an email tomorrow and chase it. I had estimated our road tax to be about £480 because all the extras we’ve added on took it over the 40k limit. Will let you know once I get a response. Strange they won’t give you the deposit back, we were told we could get it back if wanted

11 minutes ago, Centaur said:

Do I take it, then, that there will be very little time between going from Processing Order to actually building the car?

I'm not quite sure what you mean, and I have no inside information, but from watching this thread for a while I get the impression that the car will sit in the Processing Order state for an arbitrary length of time until it's your turn, there is a build slot available and all the bits needed to build your particular specification are available. Once all these are good to go, the car will move to the In Production state and actually get built in double quick time ...

2 minutes ago, Mash781 said:

Not yet Jeffery, I will send an email tomorrow and chase it. I had estimated our road tax to be about £480 because all the extras we’ve added on took it over the 40k limit. Will let you know once I get a response. Strange they won’t give you the deposit back, we were told we could get it back if wanted

@Mash781 - Are you sure you were told that you can get your deposit back? I am not prepare to lose out on my deposit!

Hi. As far as I know there is no tax to pay for the first year. So that helps a little, hopefully. 

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Loh said:

And what will you buy instead? 

7 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

And what will you buy instead? 

Tuscan ultimate which is less than the £40k

34 minutes ago, Jeffrey Loh said:

@Mash781 - Are you sure you were told that you can get your deposit back? I am not prepare to lose out on my deposit!

He said it was refundable although I suspect they are changing their stance on that now due to the apparent looming recession, no doubt lots of people will be cancelling orders. Also I have read the list price change but surely they have to honour your price and does that not then mean you road tax stays as it was?

15 minutes ago, Jeffrey Loh said:

Tuscan ultimate which is less than the £40k

And if that goes up in price to over £40k? 

7 minutes ago, Mash781 said:

He said it was refundable although I suspect they are changing their stance on that now due to the apparent looming recession, no doubt lots of people will be cancelling orders. Also I have read the list price change but surely they have to honour your price and does that not then mean you road tax stays as it was?

The road tax is based on the current list price of the new car when registered not on the price when order has been placed. 
I am not sure how accurate with the ETA as Toyota Japan has reduced production due to shortage of semi conductors. Toyota UK is unable to control the production plant.
By the way I was told today that if the car is registered in September ( new 72 no plate ) the registration fee might go up. Potentially the dealership will pass on the cost over to the buyer. 
so far They told me that they are not going to pass the cost to me 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flatcoat said:

And if that goes up in price to over £40k? 

I’ve checked the current price is below the £40k with all the specs I wanted no further add on !

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jeffrey Loh said:

The road tax is based on the current list price of the new car when registered not on the price when order has been placed. 
I am not sure how accurate with the ETA as Toyota Japan has reduced production due to shortage of semi conductors. Toyota UK is unable to control the production plant.
By the way I was told today that if the car is registered in September ( new 72 no plate ) the registration fee might go up. Potentially the dealership will pass on the cost over to the buyer. 
so far They told me that they are not going to pass the cost to me 

Oh I see. If I were you I would push for the cost to be deducted, just remind them that you will be happy to cancel your order if they aren’t willing to move on that. If they say ‘but you will lose your deposit’ politely remind them the order has been delayed several times and they haven’t fulfilled their end of the deal delivery time wise. I might be talking out of my behind here, I’m not sure but that’s what I would say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mash781 said:

does that not then mean you road tax stays as it was?

No.

The list price at first registration is what triggers the vehicle tax extra payments. The first year vehicle tax is based on CO2 emissions, and further years are a flat rate currently plus the extra payment if applicable. The extra payments are payable for years 2 to 6. 

10 hours ago, Jeffrey Loh said:

I’ve checked the current price is below the £40k with all the specs I wanted no further add on !

The "current price" of your RAV4 was under £40k when you ordered it. I think the point Flatcoat is saying, if you place an order today at £38k, what if Hyundai applied a rise in line with inflation next month (same as Toyota have done a couple of times over the past few months)? The list price by the time it's registered could easy be over £40k and you will be in the same boat again.

With current delivery times on new cars and current inflation rates, sadly anything currently around £35-36k list price could well be over £40k by the time it's delivered.

10 hours ago, Mash781 said:

Oh I see. If I were you I would push for the cost to be deducted, just remind them that you will be happy to cancel your order if they aren’t willing to move on that. If they say ‘but you will lose your deposit’ politely remind them the order has been delayed several times and they haven’t fulfilled their end of the deal delivery time wise. I might be talking out of my behind here, I’m not sure but that’s what I would say.

Unfortunately the dealers generally have the upper hand in the current climate. They might take a little bump to their pride at most. They are likely to sell any cancelled orders within days for more than the original order value, and they know the buyer will have to pay around 10% more for the same level of car as they would around the time they ordered it, and join the back of another queue.

My update today (ordered January 22) is that's it's delivery has yet again been pushed back, time of ordering was April, then to May, then to July, then Aug 4, now Aug 19. So now they won't honour the price quoted for trade in. Not impressed.

21 minutes ago, jaykayl said:

My update today (ordered January 22) is that's it's delivery has yet again been pushed back, time of ordering was April, then to May, then to July, then Aug 4, now Aug 19. So now they won't honour the price quoted for trade in. Not impressed.

Delivery may be affected by the latest production cuts due to the chip shortage - see my post of Tuesday @19.52.

Other manufacturers similarly affected - eg waiting list for Tesla X now two years!

On 5/25/2022 at 7:29 PM, Jeffrey Loh said:

And if it is OVER £40k at delivery? Then what? 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links