Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

13 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

And if it is OVER £40k at delivery? Then what? 

I will need to order a new car that's below the £40k

21 hours ago, Jeffrey Loh said:

I will need to order a new car that's below the £40k

Could be a long time for a new car if you keep going around in that circle keeping it just below the £40k, unless VED rules change in the meantime. Probably worth ordering something with a current list price below £35k to be on the safe side 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nlee said:

Could be a long time for a new car if you keep going around in that circle keeping it just below the £40k, unless VED rules change in the meantime. Probably worth ordering something with a current list price below £35k to be on the safe side 

I agree, try an MG HS PHEV, that will probably stay below £40k for some time and they are not actually that bad. 

• Like 1

Had a great time Friday ,

collected my Rav 4 black edition 22 spec.
I ordered it last September From John Roe Toyota S$%&^(*)Ihorpe 

Many thanks to Jay ,Iqbal and Ann , had a great deal and they stood on the deal for 9 months ,great service alround could not be happier 😊

• Like 1

S$%&^(*)Ihorpe 

I think the swear filter is trying to sort out Scun Thorpe :crybaby:

• Haha 2

Scunthorpe

Topics merged.

My Black Edition is at the dealership now …….. 9mth wait nearly over!

LED headlights, spots etc 👍🏻🤘🏻

Should pick it up next week 🤞🏻 as delay from Jubilee Bank Hols for this week 🙄

What’s 1 more week in the great scheme of things 🙃

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bolt13 said:

My Black Edition is at the dealership now …….. 9mth wait nearly over!

LED headlights, spots etc 👍🏻🤘🏻

Should pick it up next week 🤞🏻 as delay from Jubilee Bank Hols for this week 🙄

What’s 1 more week in the great scheme of things 🙃

Well worth wait , 9 month too arrived Fri it’s mint 22spec you will love it 👍

• Like 1

Just had the email from My Toyota, but the dealer didn't mention it when exchanging emails yesterday.

Track your order on My Toyota

52ee47dc-e820-4307-8ef3-1299968f60a7.png
Processing order
c83e56f7-2d33-40e9-8a1c-a90473e81baf.png
Build in progress
8df113e2-c969-4bb1-aac2-e54495a6dbb9.png
Left the factory
235dc3f9-de92-4116-8b21-15a4cff4b4fe.png
In transit
2a30f9be-f04c-4c32-9ecc-c66179f8cd1f.png
Arrived at retailer

I going abroad for next week for a fortnight (assuming we get thru Birmingham Airport & the flight is not cancelled) so looks like end of June delivery for me.

Ordered HEV FWD Dynamic with JBL & PVM option on the 4th November.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2022 at 6:32 PM, Mash781 said:

Not yet Jeffery, I will send an email tomorrow and chase it. I had estimated our road tax to be about £480 because all the extras we’ve added on took it over the 40k limit. Will let you know once I get a response. Strange they won’t give you the deposit back, we were told we could get it back if wanted

@ Mash781 any update from Letchworth regarding your vehicle?

On 6/1/2022 at 2:18 PM, Vainona70 said:

Just had the email from My Toyota, but the dealer didn't mention it when exchanging emails yesterday.

Processing order
Build in progress
Left the factory
In transit
Arrived at retailer

I going abroad for next week for a fortnight (assuming we get thru Birmingham Airport & the flight is not cancelled) so looks like end of June delivery for me.

@Vainona70did your My T app progress straight to 'Arrived at retailer' from the time you place the order? I booked RAV 4 Excel with the same optional packs on 12/11/2021 and My T app is still showing as 'Processing order'

Jeffrey - I received email status updates & progress shown through each stage on my 'My Toyota' account via the website. I don't yet use the app on my phone (My name's Chris & I'm Appphobic). Depending on how you ordered you RAV (online or dealer) you should get updates if your account, order & email address are linked. If you order via a 3rd party, you don't get this info.

35 minutes ago, Vainona70 said:

Jeffrey - I received email status updates & progress shown through each stage on my 'My Toyota' account via the website. I don't yet use the app on my phone (My name's Chris & I'm Appphobic). Depending on how you ordered you RAV (online or dealer) you should get updates if your account, order & email address are linked. If you order via a 3rd party, you don't get this info.

Hi Chris thanks for the info. 

On 5/30/2022 at 7:42 PM, grant bembridge said:

Well worth wait , 9 month too arrived Fri it’s mint 22spec you will love it 👍

Great news, SOOOOOOOO jealous, but at least we know they are comming with the new updated bits,    Im drooling at every one i see on the road...  only another 3 months for me.........    🤐

• Like 1

Black Edition finally collected 🥳

HAPPY DAYS 😊👍🏻🤘🏻

• Like 2

On 6/6/2022 at 6:57 PM, Bolt13 said:

Black Edition finally collected 🥳

HAPPY DAYS 😊👍🏻🤘🏻

Did they also keep it on the lower car tax rate, as the last list price should have been below £40,000 as long as you didn't have to many extras.

On 6/1/2022 at 2:18 PM, Vainona70 said:

Processing order
Build in progress
Left the factory
In transit
Arrived at retailer

Dynamic with extras is over the dreaded £40k RRP now, so are you having to pay the extra duty payment on it? 

Will only be picking the RAV4 up at the end of June, but assume I'll have to pay the higher rate from year 2.

While the My Toyota email said the car was at the dealer, I'm not sure it is yet. Dealer said they are expecting it this week. 

1 hour ago, Vainona70 said:

Will only be picking the RAV4 up at the end of June, but assume I'll have to pay the higher rate from year 2.

While the My Toyota email said the car was at the dealer, I'm not sure it is yet. Dealer said they are expecting it this week. 

If you pick it up before the end of the month, make sure they pay the part month VED duty (which they can do) other wise you could loose up to month off this years tax as it will be taxed from the beginning of June.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2022 at 10:29 PM, Roger_N said:

Did they also keep it on the lower car tax rate, as the last list price should have been below £40,000 as long as you didn't have to many extras.

Yes, the price match was guaranteed with Toyota back in the earlier part of the year.

Well under the £40k including extras 😊👍🏻

2 hours ago, Bolt13 said:

Yes, the price match was guaranteed with Toyota back in the earlier part of the year.

Well under the £40k including extras 😊👍🏻

That's not the way it works unfortunately but because the Black Edition has not had any price rises since October, that is the list price that will count to decide if you are over the £40,000, that's how I understand it anyway.

I ordered my Excel in October the price was well under £39,000 at the time but the list price was over by the time I got it and that's what counts. The dealer has to inform the DVLA of the list price at the time the car is registered and extras are included.

As has been explained before the VED is based on the list price at delivery, NOT when ordered or with allowance for any discounts. If the list price is even a penny over £40k that is tough. 

Which is a total con frankly.

It is the legislation and nothing to do with Toyota, the dealer, the salesperson or anyone else. If you want someone to blame then look towards all the greenies and those jealous of anyone with more money than they have and who regard cars as targets of abuse. Saying it is a ‘con’ is pointless. If it comes to it taxation is also simply legalised extortion. 

• Like 1