Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

It’s been the case forever that the road tax is calculated at point of sale/first registration. Nothing to do with any dealer other than they have to supply the registration data.

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

It’s been the case forever that the road tax is calculated at point of sale/first registration. Nothing to do with any dealer other than they have to supply the registration data.

Let me quickly say that I am in no way supporting this so called "luxury" car road tax, but I understand why the government use list price at registration as the point of applicability, as it simplifies the imposition of this road tax premium. If it was based on the sale price it would be subject to all kinds of variables.

However, what peeves me (like many other government taxes) is that they haven't increased the £40,000 trigger since it was introduced in April 2017. So 5 years of inflation etc are completely ignored. But that's nothing new with our taxation system.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Hayzee said:

Let me quickly say that I am in no way supporting this so called "luxury" car road tax, but I understand why the government use list price at registration as the point of applicability, as it simplifies the imposition of this road tax premium. If it was based on the sale price it would be subject to all kinds of variables.

However, what peeves me (like many other government taxes) is that they haven't increased the £40,000 trigger since it was introduced in April 2017. So 5 years of inflation etc are completely ignored. But that's nothing new with our taxation system.

Agree however that applies to many taxes, not least of which income tax thresholds. 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 4:17 PM, Jeffrey Loh said:

@ Mash781 any update from Letchworth regarding your vehicle?

Hi sorry just heard back from them. They are now saying 19th September 😭 but it’s locked in and showing as ‘production’ so can’t go back any further, not sure what that means exactly but fingers crossed it’s being built!?

15 minutes ago, Mash781 said:

Hi sorry just heard back from them. They are now saying 19th September 😭 but it’s locked in and showing as ‘production’ so can’t go back any further, not sure what that means exactly but fingers crossed it’s being built!?

wow at least yours is showing as 'production' mine still processing order per MyT

What's your My T app saying?

9 minutes ago, Jeffrey Loh said:

wow at least yours is showing as 'production' mine still processing order per MyT

What's your My T app saying?

Still not been linked after speaking to customer services. I’ve now asked the dealer if he can do it. Yours must be in production too as you ordered three days before us. Perhaps it hasn’t updated on the app yet?

1 hour ago, Mash781 said:

Still not been linked after speaking to customer services. I’ve now asked the dealer if he can do it. Yours must be in production too as you ordered three days before us. Perhaps it hasn’t updated on the app yet?

I hope to see the car in 'production' too. Toyata UK has told me the ETA provided by the dealership, is the latest information I can get from them. I've raised a case with Toyota UK to get them to check with the factory in Japan directly.

38 minutes ago, Jeffrey Loh said:

I hope to see the car in 'production' too. Toyata UK has told me the ETA provided by the dealership, is the latest information I can get from them. I've raised a case with Toyota UK to get them to check with the factory in Japan directly.

Excellent let me know how you get on. Dealership can’t link my app until they have a vin apparently, pain!

On 6/8/2022 at 5:19 PM, Roger_N said:

That's not the way it works unfortunately but because the Black Edition has not had any price rises since October, that is the list price that will count to decide if you are over the £40,000, that's how I understand it anyway.

I ordered my Excel in October the price was well under £39,000 at the time but the list price was over by the time I got it and that's what counts. The dealer has to inform the DVLA of the list price at the time the car is registered and extras are included.

Because the Black Edition is no longer available, that was the list price back in September and they honoured it.  The price I paid is the list price Toyota will advise the DVLA about (I checked with them).

The guys that ordered and received the Black Edition are lucky.  The guys that ordered cars that are still made I.e. Dynamic, Excel etc., may not be so lucky.

44 minutes ago, Mash781 said:

Excellent let me know how you get on. Dealership can’t link my app until they have a vin apparently, pain!

Try to raise a case with Toyota UK, and request for them to link your order onto the app. You will need to provide your order ID and email address.

Connectivity | Discover Toyota | Toyota UK

57 minutes ago, Bolt13 said:

The guys that ordered and received the Black Edition are lucky.  The guys that ordered cars that are still made I.e. Dynamic, Excel etc., may not be so lucky.

Though the current price list gives separate pricing for MY2022 cars and MY2023 cars. So those waiting for a MY2022 car should find, just as with the Black Edition, the list price of their car is now fixed ...

Very pleased with this after four month wait from order to delivery, Dynamic Premium PHEV. Great timing to save on petrol, reliably delivers all my local runs on home charge up to 50 miles.

image.jpeg

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, NASY said:

Very pleased with this after four month wait from order to delivery, Dynamic Premium PHEV. Great timing to save on petrol, reliably delivers all my local runs on home charge up to 50 miles.

Looks excellent!

10 minutes ago, NASY said:

image.jpeg

Enjoy…

2 hours ago, Bolt13 said:

The guys that ordered cars that are still made I.e. Dynamic, Excel etc., may not be so lucky.

There is no maybe about it, you have to pay the current list price of the 2022 model.

Ordered early October and received middle of May. It’s the Hybrid Dynamic (JBL PVM). 

After a few weeks of ownership, I’ve got to say, I !Removed! love it! So glad I went for a Toyota after several months wondering if I made the right choice. 

Really happy about the fuel economy. My average is 52MPG over the past month, but on some days when I drive like a granny, I can get close to 60MPG. Pretty handy given how crazy it cost to fill the tank up nowadays!

I also have the premium pack so it has the moonroof. I didn’t order this - it just came with it. Not sure why, but I’m not complaining! Maybe Toyota made a mistake…

If I’m being super picky, the things I don’t like are;

- the infotainment system, it feels really dated

- no way of changing the brightness of the interior lights

- the lane assistance doesn’t work very well

- speed limit indicators are not very reliable

- mobile app could be much better

- car key looks cheap

- opening and closing windows on the key needs to be programmed by technician

- no kick feature to open boot

- The chrome areas on the back would look better if they were black

Enjoy your new RAV4 when you get it! You’ll love it. 

EBEDAC70-63ED-4090-B977-068DE8495EFF.jpeg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, philip42h said:

Though the current price list gives separate pricing for MY2022 cars and MY2023 cars. So those waiting for a MY2022 car should find, just as with the Black Edition, the list price of their car is now fixed ...

Not sure this will apply. Unless grades are actually discontinued, like the Black Edition, I would imagine that to Government, a Dynamic is a Dynamic, an Excel is an Excel, etc, no matter what the model year is.

11 hours ago, philip42h said:

This is becoming boring, how many posts have to say it doesn’t work that way? The VED is based on the list price at the point of delivery. You can argue interpretations until the cows come home but you will not change it. 

6 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Not sure this will apply. Unless grades are actually discontinued, like the Black Edition, I would imagine that to Government, a Dynamic is a Dynamic, an Excel is an Excel, etc, no matter what the model year is.

I'm not sure either Mike ... by the "grade is just a grade" argument, anyone collecting a MY22 car this month could be taxed on the basis of MY23 pricing since that is already in the price list? Who knows ...

16 hours ago, Mash781 said:

I'm convinced some dealers just don't know how the order tracking works. When I ordered my RAV4, I confirmed the order over the phone and paid the holding fee and it appeared in the app within a minute.

My wife ordered a Yaris from a different dealer and after first telling her it would appear in the app as soon as the order was input, they then said it might take a couple of weeks, then we had exactly the same discussion about needing the VIN. How do you get a VIN until the car is in build?

A quick email exchange with Toyota Customer Services and it appeared in the app within 5 minutes, no VIN!

Another "delivery is still expected in September" email from my dealer. 

Shot one back, "if its a 12 week build/shipping process, they should be starting build in the next week to meet September" 

Not holding out much hope. Ordered on the 24th Dec 2021

17 hours ago, Mash781 said:

If you are buying from a dealer you should be able to track the car as soon as the order is placed (almost), use the same email address you gave to the dealer on the on the MYT app, if you are buying via a lease arrangement or any thing that uses that system you will not be able to track the order.

How long after people got there VIN number it takes to get delivered? Mines due in under 3 weeks and I haven’t heard anything as of yet and the dealer who sold me the car seems to take about 1 month to reply to an email.

I didn’t get a VIN number until I picked up the car.

8 minutes ago, ernieb said:

I didn’t get a VIN number until I picked up the car.

I’m like a few other people on this where the MYT app hasn’t said that the order is placed and he will give me a VIN number to start tracking the build when he gets it.