Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

21 minutes ago, Pashley said:

I’m like a few other people on this where the MYT app hasn’t said that the order is placed and he will give me a VIN number to start tracking the build when he gets it. 

OK, that's not quite right. The tracking from order to delivery is based on the order number. Your dealer should be able to set that up for you - you can't.

Subsequent use of the MyT app is based on the VIN number - which as Ernie, says, you probably won't get until you get the car (or, at least, it is at the dealership).

40 minutes ago, Pashley said:

I’m like a few other people on this where the MYT app hasn’t said that the order is placed and he will give me a VIN number to start tracking the build when he gets it. 

Are you buying the car under the lease system? If you are you will NOT get any information via the MyT app, you have to rely on the dealer.

3 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

Are you buying the car under the lease system? If you are you NOT get any information via the MyT app, you have to rely on the dealer.

I’m doing a PCP finance which I assume is the same as leasing? 

4 minutes ago, Pashley said:

I’m doing a PCP finance which I assume is the same as leasing? 

I would have thought the PCP finance is a direct sale, as long as you are doing it with a Toyota dealer.

The MyT system works with the email address you gave the dealer and the order number, I take it you have created an account on the Toyota web site here.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0uCH16yx9AIV2OR3Ch1yEQeWEAAYASAAEgJgiPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Also you must use the same email address you gave the dealer.

My order appeared almost immediately, although I already had MyT set up for my C-HR so not directly comparable. I don't remember a significant delay on the C-HR though, although that was from stock and only took a month to turn up. It does seen to be down to the dealer though...

22 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

I would have thought the PCP finance is a direct sale, as long as you are doing it with a Toyota dealer.

The MyT system works with the email address you gave the dealer and the order number, I take it you have created an account on the Toyota web site here.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0uCH16yx9AIV2OR3Ch1yEQeWEAAYASAAEgJgiPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Also you must use the same email address you gave the dealer.

Yea, all that is done correctly! The dealer said it was was weird but showed me confirmation on the order through his system. The car is due 1st July and I’m just not holding much hope at the moment as I haven't heard of any update.  

7 minutes ago, Pashley said:

Yea, all that is done correctly! The dealer said it was was weird but showed me confirmation on the order through his system. The car is due 1st July and I’m just not holding much hope at the moment as I haven't heard of any update.  

Well my went through the lease system and arrived around the expected date so you maybe surprised, in fact when I dropped off my old car I asked the sales person dealing with me if the car was there, he said no but they had one for another order if I wanted to see that (it was then the new 2022 model) while have a quick look around it, I noticed one of the colour I had ordered, you can guess the rest.

3 hours ago, Jeffrey Loh said:

@Mash781 FYI

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-13 at 2.54.34 PM.jpeg

It might just be an email, but is it too much to expect the proper use of grammar?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lawnmowerman said:

It might just be an email, but is it too much to expect the proper use of grammar?

Standards are slipping all the time. The Daily Fail is a prime example as regards poor grammar in articles, spelling, etc .

• Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 3:32 PM, Jeffrey Loh said:

@Mash781 FYI

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-13 at 2.54.34 PM.jpeg

Oh I see so we are ‘in the queue’ . Better be worth the wait 🙄

On 6/10/2022 at 11:15 AM, Roger_N said:

If you are buying from a dealer you should be able to track the car as soon as the order is placed (almost), use the same email address you gave to the dealer on the on the MYT app, if you are buying via a lease arrangement or any thing that uses that system you will not be able to track the order.

No not lease, purchasing with pcp finance. Seems each dealer is different as to wether or not you get it linked 🤷‍♀️

29 minutes ago, Mash781 said:

Oh I see so we are ‘in the queue’ . Better be worth the wait 🙄

I’ve cancelled my order. 

7 hours ago, Jeffrey Loh said:

I’ve cancelled my order. 

I’m probably going to too, it’s due in a couple of weeks but now they are saying a 4 month delay! Ridiculous!! I was originally quoted 6 months when I ordered end of January.

1 hour ago, Pashley said:

I’m probably going to too, it’s due in a couple of weeks but now they are saying a 4 month delay! Ridiculous!! I was originally quoted 6 months when I ordered end of January.

And what will you buy that presumably is available from stock? 

3 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

And what will you buy that presumably is available from stock? 

You beat me to it, Adrian, it seems that all suppliers are in trouble, many appear to be worse off than Toyota.

I’m currently on PCP with around 4.6k in equity so I’m tempted to just go through we buy any car and settle my finance and keep the equity to just buy a car out right and finally get out of PCP! 

3 hours ago, Pashley said:

All depending on the plant in Japan whether any further suspensions to the production of RAV4.

I originally planned to replace my RAV4 with another one this September but in January I saw the writing on the wall and bought a Hyundai on the spot ex-showroom. It turned out to be a good decision! I also got a very good price for the RAV4 and its now even more of a sellers market. The next few years are going to be interesting with a deadline in 2030 and if I had a large dry barn I might well fill it with nearly new hybrids!

On 6/17/2022 at 9:40 AM, roadster-rav said:

I originally planned to replace my RAV4 with another one this September but in January I saw the writing on the wall and bought a Hyundai on the spot ex-showroom. It turned out to be a good decision! I also got a very good price for the RAV4 and its now even more of a sellers market. The next few years are going to be interesting with a deadline in 2030 and if I had a large dry barn I might well fill it with nearly new hybrids!

What writing on the wall did you see Acer? Extended delivery times?

Yes, we do live in interesting times though.

Hope you are enjoying your Hyundai.

My dealer has emailed to say they are having a special event to offer loyal customers a chance to buy a new car at a discount of up to £2K, for a range of Toyota cars, that have been made available to then over and above the annual allocation, go figure?

I also got a snail mail communication from my dealer saying the same thing but then noticed the expired date was 12th June.

11 hours ago, Lawnmowerman said:

What writing on the wall did you see Acer? Extended delivery times?

Yes, we do live in interesting times though.

Hope you are enjoying your Hyundai.

Not just extended delivery times but completely unpredictable ones. I would happily have ordered a new Toyota eight months ahead if the dealers could guarantee the delivery date but they have no power to do this, and even a company as massive as Toyota couldn't guarantee their sources for electronic components. I only wandered in to the Hyundai showroom to find out if their situation was the same and I was more than a little surprised that they could offer me a car from the showroom floor. Their deliveries are now just as unpredictable as Toyota's.

I am enjoying the Hyundai and the chance to drive a plug-in hybrid within my budget, but its probably true to say I would have enjoyed driving a new RAV4 even more.

There are 2 reasons I did not go for a Hyundai PHEV. First off the tow weight limit is very low (1350kg) but more importantly the EV range is much less and the Battery charging/management and cabin heating technology much less sophisticated. The Hyundai is more susceptible to cold weather depleting range or simply running on the ICE in conditions the Toyota would not. Maybe for many owners in the UK these aspects do not matter (especially given global warming has allegedly consigned cold weather to history) but for me they do have benefits. 
interestingly Hyundai have re-introduced a diesel option for the Santa Fe - they were losing too many sales due to poor towing ability of the HEV and PHEV versions. 

I’ve decided to stick with the Rav 4 in the end, even though they’ve now given me up to another 4 month way 🙄. Managed to get 1 free years servicing as compensation though! Always worth asking what they can offer you for the delays. I can’t believe how much the Rav 4 price has increased, I got a deal for the Excel spec at 36k now for the same thing is £42k! Madness 

• Like 1

A Good decision You will not regret!