Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

14 minutes ago, philip42h said:

So why do you give your location as "Other/Non-UK"? Why not update your profile to show that you are in Hampshire?

IoW isnt Hampshire. Never has been. 

35 minutes ago, sonosp said:

IoW isnt Hampshire. Never has been. 

Well that's not true ... 🙂 ... between 1837 and 1890 all the parishes on the Isle of Wight were in the county of Hampshire - which I knew. What I hadn't realised was that the IoW became a county in it's own right in 1890.

And it would appear that the profile location options haven't been updated since 1890 either since IoW isn't offered as a county option. If you have a particular aversion to Hampshire, pick another county but at least show that you are within the UK. Or are you part of a break away IoW independence movement? 😉

Anyway, this is way off topic ... sorry all.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sonosp said:

HEV factory must be asleep then

Back on topic ... this announcement indicates that at least one RAV4 production line has been 'down' for most of July. I'm not sure whether that is the one producing UK cars but would explain something of a hiatus if it were.

11 minutes ago, philip42h said:

Back on topic ... this announcement indicates that at least one RAV4 production line has been 'down' for most of July. I'm not sure whether that is the one producing UK cars but would explain something of a hiatus if it were.

That'd do it. The UK HEV is produced in the Takaoka plant, which shows lots of closures on your link. The UK PHEV is produced in the Nagakusa plant (which incidentally, isn't actually in the city of Nagakusa but in Nagoya where both sail from).

Philip, the cows are all the same actually, it's a process used called dyeing, not like losing one's life but changing one's colour after death. The cows don't feel a thing once dead and the process used to produce whichever colour required doesn't greatly impact on the duration of the post mortem process. Rest assured the cow that delivered your seating would be no more concerned whether it ended up black, brown or beige - though let's face it nothing on this planet ever want's to identify with beige.

If build of the 2023 cars (including the 2023 spec upgrades) starts in the 3rd quarter of 2022, does this mean that a car ordered as 2022, but delayed until the 2023 build starts, will be built  as a 2023 car?

With semiconductor shortages and Covid  affecting Japanese production in June and July 2022, doubtful that MY2023 production will begin in the 3rd quarter (July/August/September)

For example, from a previous topic MY2021 ended November 2021 - ie 4th quarter .

8 hours ago, srt said:

If build of the 2023 cars (including the 2023 spec upgrades) starts in the 3rd quarter of 2022, does this mean that a car ordered as 2022, but delayed until the 2023 build starts, will be built  as a 2023 car?

I think the car year model is already being decided at order time. So no chance it would be MY23 unless it is said by Dealer.

8 hours ago, srt said:

I asked my dealer this however the salesman never replies so who knows 😂 been ****** in the dark with my order

I live in hope but it makes most sense to clear the backlog and get MY23 started once that has happened. 

Same! I don’t understand why they couldn’t have upgraded the infotainment on the MY22 model! It looks so nice inside now. But they are charging an extra £5k from what I payed to now 🤔 

The sales manager at my local dealership told me yesterday that he had received a communication from the fleet side of Toyota UK (The division that deal with Motability) to say that orders for PHEV MY23 would open from the beginning of Q4.

Out of curiosity I emailed Toyota UK today & asked if I ordered the Rav4 PHEV that I had configured on the website, what would be the lead time. 

Their reply:-

Thanks for contacting Toyota. 

For the RAV4 PHEV Dynamic you are looking at an ETA of around May. Unfortunately the Dynamic premium grade model there is no more available orders.   (I never enquired about the premium grade a bit of helpful additional information)

Sales of our vehicles are either handled by the Sales Team at our franchised centres or our Buy Online team here. I would be happy to put you in touch with either of them to see what options are available to you.

Please let me know if you would like me to do this for you, if you would prefer to speak to one of our centres then please let know who your nearest one is or your post code.

Kind regards

I emailed back & asked if this meant I was likely to be receiving the MY23 model & was the price quoted representative of this upgraded model.

Their reply:-

Thanks for getting back in contact. 

We are expecting MY23 production to start around April may time, so at the moment we couldn't guarantee that it would defiantly be the MY23 model. As for the pricing we have not yet updated the price list for the new models. 

13 minutes ago, Class of 77 said:

As for the pricing we have not yet updated the price list for the new models.

I'm not sure that I fully understand what they are saying there. Pricing for the MY23 PHEV appears in the July price list (along with pricing for the MY21 PHEV). One can build and buy a PHEV online via the website. The options and pricing offered correspond with the MY23 PHEV from the price list. And we'd be pretty peeved if we paid a MY23 price and were delivered a MY21 car ...

It may well be that if one went all the way through the ordering process one would find oneself in a long queue with production starting around April 23 and delivery potentially several months later but I'd expect to get a MY23 car priced in accordance with the July 2022 price list.

Change grade

RAV4Icon
5 Door SUV
RAV4 Icon 5 Door SUV
STANDARD EQUIPMENT
  • 17" Light Silver Alloy wheels (5-spoke)
  • Smartphone integration incl Apple CarPlay™ & Android Auto™
  • Reversing Camera
  • Pre-Collision with Cyclist Detection, Day & Night-time Pedestrian Detection
Show standard equipment

Important Notice: Specifications shown are for model year 2022 UK vehicles, and subject to vehicle production lead times, the model ordered may be built according to model year 2023 specification. It is anticipated that your Toyota Centre will advise you of any changes in specification, and any price implication once your ordered vehicle goes into production (at the latest), at which point you have the right to accept such changes, or cancel your order and have any deposit returned to you.

image.thumb.png.cd0fd1f8b0d2b19e7c5088ff20c7e606.png

After 11 days MyT status has changed for me from 'Building in progress' to 'Left the factory' . And the other good news is that estimated delivery is also changed from 13.10.22 to 23.09.22 . For whom is also changed status, maybe our car is in same ship?

1 hour ago, Coder_ said:

After 11 days MyT status has changed for me from 'Building in progress' to 'Left the factory' . And the other good news is that estimated delivery is also changed from 13.10.22 to 23.09.22 . For whom is also changed status, maybe our car is in same ship?

Their factories have had lots of closed days this month. Probably why it took so long. 

5 hours ago, Coder_ said:

Coder,

I got the same message today, mine must be on the same ship!

• Thanks 1

On 7/20/2022 at 1:12 PM, Pashley said:

Same! I don’t understand why they couldn’t have upgraded the infotainment on the MY22 model! It looks so nice inside now. But they are charging an extra £5k from what I payed to now 🤔 

At £5k for a better infotainment system, I'm now hoping my order (Feb 2022 - still  at order placed stage) isn't delayed too long and stays as a MY22 Rav4 PHEV 

Mine is still in being built stage after 3 weeks?! So frustrating that it hasn’t been loaded onto a ship yet and feeling very grumpy about it

53 minutes ago, Mash781 said:

Mine is still in being built stage after 3 weeks?! So frustrating that it hasn’t been loaded onto a ship yet and feeling very grumpy about it

As mentioned a little earlier in this thread, production of the RAV4 hybrid at the Takaoka Plant has been suspended since the 1st July and is due to resume on Monday 25th July - this could explain a bit of a hiatus if you happen to have been "next in the queue" on 1st July ...

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 1:02 PM, Mash781 said:

Hope you will see your RAV 4 in Sept 2022. 

3 hours ago, Jeffrey Loh said:

Hope you will see your RAV 4 in Sept 2022. 

Thank you, me too!

Got told today that my order has been allocated a stock number and the eta is 29/09/22. 
So from ordering on 06/01/22 to today there was no indication by Big Toyota that my order was being dealt with so at least something has changed. I don’t actually know what allocated a stock number means but it’s got to be a move forward hasn’t it?

Now trying to find out if it will be the 2023 update version or a 2022!

Edited by Iain_M
Update

18 minutes ago, Iain_M said:

Got told today that my order has been allocated a stock number and the eta is 29/09/22. 
So from ordering on 06/01/22 to today there was no indication by Big Toyota that my order was being dealt with so at least something has changed. I don’t actually know what allocated a stock number means but it’s got to be a move forward hasn’t it?

It looks like the ordered has been move on for them to get  a notification of delivery.