Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

1 hour ago, philip42h said:

There's been little if any interruption to RAV4 PHV production if the latest production update (yesterday) is to be believed: Adjustments to Domestic Production in August.

An order placed in April with expected delivery in October is only 6 months - and we've had much longer wait times for the RAV4 pre-Covid, pre-component shortages and before the war in Ukraine. It doesn't seem too long to wait. and there is little reason today to believe that it won't be delivered on schedule.

I do hope so…my 2004 RAV4 is on life support, having recently had new brake plates, and a wheel bearing! …and it still has a clicking noise coming from the rear (on wheel rotation)….so that’s another bill coming no doubt!

Will all be worth the wait I’m sure 🤞

2 hours ago, sonosp said:

The factory the PHEV is being built at has been shut down due to weather. Has your dealer not kept you up to date with it? 

I get an email once a month thanking me for my patience….but still no progress on the BG home charger…will chase that once build actually in progress…I’m still at the processing order stage.

I read production had stopped again at the Takaoka plant (HEV only) due to 6 Covid cases last Tuesday. Initially only 2 shifts to allow cleaning but a further 8 cases on Wednesday and they shutdown altogether, stating "Due to difficulties in ensuring the safety and security of our employees and in having the necessary personnel for operation, we have decided to suspend operation following the decision announced on July 26". Not seen anything since so maybe it's up and running again.

As I said recently on the bZ4X forum I watch the NHK world, Japan, news and they are regularly talking about issues with covid, supply chain and the recent weather fronts which have caused floods and battered many towns and infrastructure.

14 hours ago, Ravirules said:

Got that horrible feeling that I’m the last in the queue here…just hope there’s enough parts left over in Japan to put my car together..ordered the PHEV (DP) in early April…estimated delivery date is October…I can only dream!

Any tips on how to remain patient would be appreciated…I’m finding it very difficult!

So tips on remaining patient, hope they help, it's the process I went through:-

1. Keep reading reviews and watching videos of your chosen model

2. Keep wondering if it really is the right car you've chosen after all, look at other specs you don't want and wonder if you really needed all those options

3. Read reviews on competitors offerings and hope they come out poorly

4. Disregard all the reviews by journalists if they don't tell you what you want to hear, what do they know about what you want

5. Keep reading on this forum about the real experiences and thoughts from owners

6. Reassure yourself that you probably did all your homework before deciding to order your car and you were right all along. Steps 1 to 5 were just a diversion and a complete waste of time, which was convenient as suddenly now your car is almost at your door.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Ravirules said:

I get an email once a month thanking me for my patience….but still no progress on the BG home charger…will chase that once build actually in progress…I’m still at the processing order stage.

The process with BG for the home charger works well providing your car dealer had access to the notification system which sets the whole ball rolling. You should get a BG appointment for inspection first, then inspection, then a quote and you proceed with installation. Check with your dealer that they have correctly started the process.

• Thanks 1

Well, I have had another e-mail from my dealer and it appears that I was right and the car has not yet been built and will certainly not be being delivered in August / September as was suggested in their recent e-mail.  The latest e-mail is giving November as the anticipated delivery date.

Incidentally, I wonder what will happen if it doesn't get here until December.  As I understand it, you have to take delivery as soon as the car is ready for collection at the dealer but I will be out of the country for a month...

33 minutes ago, Centaur said:

Incidentally, I wonder what will happen if it doesn't get here until December.  As I understand it, you have to take delivery as soon as the car is ready for collection at the dealer but I will be out of the country for a month...

I'm sure someone on here will keep it ticking over for you for that month...🤪

• Haha 1

Where does it say you HAVE to take delivery as soon as it is ready for collection at the dealer? Our car arrived in dealership on 13th December last year and we collected on 7th January - it wasn’t a problem. 

3 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

Where does it say you HAVE to take delivery as soon as it is ready for collection at the dealer? Our car arrived in dealership on 13th December last year and we collected on 7th January - it wasn’t a problem. 

I don't know whether it does or not?  It has just been my experience with other brands, where there is 'price protection' from price rises between vehicle order and delivery.  If Toyota are more flexible, that will be a bonus.

On 8/4/2022 at 11:17 AM, Centaur said:

If Toyota are more flexible, that will be a bonus.

More often than not, whether or not delivery is delayed for a couple of weeks or so is down to the dealer/dealer management not the manufacturer

On 7/30/2022 at 4:39 PM, Centaur said:

Got a call from my local Toyota dealer that my HEV excel model will be delivered by first week of October. I put the order in mid feb. Feeling lucky

I feel like I am going bananas.

I placed my order at the beginning of December. Last week, I was told by the dealer that the expected delivery time would be November🥲    

I've been through quite a few reviews on YouTube, had 2nd doubts, 3rd, 4th etc. Reassured myself that it is the car that fits my needs. It is a bit odd that there are quite a few discrepancies between model names and options between UK and US, AUS, etc.        

How do I keep my sanity? This is my first new car, I was so innocent when I went in in December after months of research, I thought I would walk out with it, or get it delivered the next day, like an excited kid on Christmas.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, kiki184 said:

It is a bit odd that there are quite a few discrepancies between model names and options between UK and US, AUS, etc.        

It has been the case for years that the local importers decide what specifications they sell and what the differing grades are called.

This isn't confined to Toyota, but is a widespread practice.

Also delivery delays due to a myriad of reasons - including Covid, semiconductor shortages, parts supplies, etc - are common to most manufacturers. Gone - although possibly temporary - are the days when one could walk into a showroom to order a new car, and have delivery within a few days.

• Like 1

Many of us have got caught out looking at the US based YouTube videos and assuming that the videos reflected the models ‘spec’. This is particularly true for the RAV4 PHEV or PRIME versions between the US and UK. It’s definitely a case of buyer beware.

Toyota are certainly not alone in having supply chain issues every manufacturer is currently struggling one way or another.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

It has been the case for years that the local importers decide what specifications they sell and what the differing grades are called.

This isn't confined to Toyota, but is a widespread practice.

Also delivery delays due to a myriad of reasons - including Covid, semiconductor shortages, parts supplies, etc - are common to most manufacturers. Gone - although possibly temporary - are the days when one could walk into a showroom to order a new car, and have delivery within a few days.

Well said and even across Europe specifications will vary in neighbouring countries. I am a fan of Nuffield/BMC and successor companies and even in the 1950’s they were exporting and manufacturing abroad variations on UK cars we could not buy. As for the components supply chain issues, I am surprised after all the cover this gets in the wider media, as well as any motoring related forum, it appears buyers are still not getting it. Maybe it needs a ‘stickie’ post to address this that is restricted to manufacturing and production updates from Toyota? 
I am in the fortunate position to be soon ordering a new BEV through my new job. However I am not holding my breath on getting anything anytime soon and supply will factor into the choice of car. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Gone - although possibly temporary - are the days when one could walk into a showroom to order a new car, and have delivery within a few days.

Yes and if you could, it had probably been parked up somewhere for god knows how long, if you were lucky it had been on a tarmacked area, at worst it could have been close to the sea parked on sand or grass, I know this is correct because the my better half used to work for a major insurance company who used to insure them.

Interesting that different markets still get different spec cars. I remember the market in UK had a taste for higher specs than mainland Europe, German farmers preferred their Mercs with plastic seats, UK liked leather. I can well understand regional differences in taste however I fail to understand why people in some cold countries are presumed to like cold hands, no heated steering wheel, also why is it assumed people in the US are not very good at reversing effectively to hitch a trailer whereas in the UK people are so good at it they don't need a helicopter view camera system. 

• Haha 2

Today I was given my new car VIN which is the best progress I have seen since the car was ordered in early January so well pleased. Duly fed the VIN into the MyT app and it recognised the car etc, however I thought it might show build progress but there is nothing there! Anyone know what I need to do to see the car progress through the App please?

1 hour ago, NASY said:

Interesting that different markets still get different spec cars. I remember the market in UK had a taste for higher specs than mainland Europe, German farmers preferred their Mercs with plastic seats, UK liked leather. I can well understand regional differences in taste however I fail to understand why people in some cold countries are presumed to like cold hands, no heated steering wheel, also why is it assumed people in the US are not very good at reversing effectively to hitch a trailer whereas in the UK people are so good at it they don't need a helicopter view camera system. 

It was more the taxi drivers in Germany….. it also applies to colours too and engines. Aussies (used to) love big lazy straight six engines hence they had versions of cars such as the Viva and Marina with bl88dy great big engines stuffed under the bonnet. Imagine a 3L straight six in a Marina….. however I believe the RAV is Australias best selling car, how times change! 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Iain_M said:

Today I was given my new car VIN which is the best progress I have seen since the car was ordered in early January so well pleased. Duly fed the VIN into the MyT app and it recognised the car etc, however I thought it might show build progress but there is nothing there! Anyone know what I need to do to see the car progress through the App please?

I think that to track the progress of an order you need to use the order number - and your dealer should have been able to set that up for you from day 1 (or 2, or 3).

You use the VIN once the car is "on your drive" to track trips, for hybrid coaching etc., etc. ...

7 hours ago, philip42h said:

I think that to track the progress of an order you need to use the order number - and your dealer should have been able to set that up for you from day 1 (or 2, or 3).

You use the VIN once the car is "on your drive" to track trips, for hybrid coaching etc., etc. ...

I suspect that there are some issues with the MyT app at the moment. Noting some of the other comments, on here, I checked with my dealer who confirmed my car has moved to build and I should have delivery in October. The MyT app always had  my order number however, it still shows "processing order". 

MyT also displayed notification fault messages which only cleared after I deleted and reinstalled the app.

Would be interested to know if anyone else has had any MyT app issues lately.

Not sure what country you are in but in the UK there are regular Toyota sever issues which impact the ability to use the app. There is always a delay between what the dealer can see on their systems and the data being processed for the MyT app. The dealer can also much finer stages of the order process. I found the order tracking somewhat clunky.

• Like 1

How often do you check with the dealer about status updates for the order?

42 minutes ago, kiki184 said:

How often do you check with the dealer about status updates for the order?

I've order mine mid February, it showed in the MyT a day later but only contacted dealer as i wasn't getting any update on the app 1 month and half before the given ETA by them. 

on the previous call with them this  was pushed back from September to October but suddenly got an update from MyT stating my RAV4  left the factory, didn't receive any update when in build, it  went directly from processing order to left the factory in my case, since then I've already have my JSON files updated with some dates, later this week or next will contact my dealer to check and to add some add-on's to see what they can offer

Hope they will be able to provide a delivery date.

My ETA since order was 6/7 months and believing in JSON it was spot on