Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

On 8/30/2022 at 6:03 PM, Raxa said:

Those with end of October delivery, watch out for Goliath Leader vessel which left Nagoya on 29th August. I was told by dealer mine left on 29th as well for nordic delivery. He didn’t mention the vessel, i did some digging. 

Been quoted end of Oct, but also told that I don't even have a chassis number yet. So I bet it will be delayed further. Sad state of things really. Could do with this car soon.

"Hope you are well.

We still do not have a definitive date, however they are still estimating around October time, however your Rav-4 hasn't yet been allocated a chassis number, so I will keep a close eye on this in the next couple of weeks and keep you updated.

Any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards"

On 8/23/2022 at 11:06 PM, JMCterrano2 said:

Which trim did you order?

I've order a PHEV Dynamic Mid February, its already in Bristol according to the MyT since 12/08

After a bit of digging I've worked out that my PHEV should be in Bristol on 1st week in October. I understand it then goes to Derby for checks but I'm really not sure what happens next. Could anyone please help me appreciate how long to expect it to get to my dealer in Scotland? Is mid to end of October realistic? (still nothing on MyT - absolutely useless)

6 hours ago, srt said:

After a bit of digging I've worked out that my PHEV should be in Bristol on 1st week in October. I understand it then goes to Derby for checks but I'm really not sure what happens next. Could anyone please help me appreciate how long to expect it to get to my dealer in Scotland? Is mid to end of October realistic? (still nothing on MyT - absolutely useless)

What happens next is after Brunston it's loaded onto a car transporter and hauled to your dealer. I think sometimes the issue has been the availability of transporters/drivers and getting a full delivery load.  There must be a lot of logistics in sorting it out but I'd guess by the end of October should be OK.

• Thanks 1

I am assuming that since my car is expected to arrive at Derby on the 9th September having arrived in Bristol 21st of August, that it should be in Helensburgh sometime this month or early October. Has anyone any idea how long the PDI takes and how long the cars languish in Derby before their journey to the final destination? My dealer has the 9th Sept but nothing else.

Mine was about 2-3 weeks, which is about normal from what I seen others say. That was this time last year. Some have been a bit quicker but if you are having "factory fit" extras, some are fitted in Derby so that generally adds a bit of time I'd assume.

No extras fitted. Dash cam will be fitted at the dealers once the car lands off a transported.

On 7/22/2022 at 1:51 PM, Coder_ said:

image.thumb.png.cd0fd1f8b0d2b19e7c5088ff20c7e606.png

After 11 days MyT status has changed for me from 'Building in progress' to 'Left the factory' . And the other good news is that estimated delivery is also changed from 13.10.22 to 23.09.22 . For whom is also changed status, maybe our car is in same ship?

My status hasn't changed since 28th of june. It's still in building in progress. Json says left location on 2022-06-30 but my dealer couldn't see that it has been build yet. Estimated delivery seems to has changed to 2022-12-9 according to him, but in Json it still says 2022-9-16. That's a 3 month difference. Not sure what to believe...

Or maybe one is showing date in UK format and one in US?

My RAV4 finally has an update! Apparently it is now under the build process. How long has it taken people from start of build process to collection of car? They are saying November however I can’t see how it will take 2 months to make and ship it but maybe it does! 

28 minutes ago, Pashley said:

My RAV4 finally has an update! Apparently it is now under the build process. How long has it taken people from start of build process to collection of car? They are saying November however I can’t see how it will take 2 months to make and ship it but maybe it does! 

Takes 2 days to build. It'll then be sat waiting for the boat to fill before shipment. Which itself takes a month. 

Finally picked our rav4 today! Ordered mid November 2021! Took 9 weeks from ‘build’ to ready for collection from dealership. It’s an Hev excel with JBL, Panoramic roof, side steps and 360 camera. We also had the alloys sprayed black. Very pleased with how smooth it runs and spacious it is inside! Well worth the wait.

4D87C672-FD9E-4E50-AAF3-7ECBD771FE48.jpeg

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Mash781 said:

Finally picked our rav4 today! Ordered mid November 2021! Took 9 weeks from ‘build’ to ready for collection from dealership. It’s an Hev excel with JBL, Panoramic roof, side steps and 360 camera. We also had the alloys sprayed black. Very pleased with how smooth it runs and spacious it is inside! Well worth the wait.

4D87C672-FD9E-4E50-AAF3-7ECBD771FE48.jpeg

Looks good and especially the black wheels which work well with the body colour, enjoy.

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

Looks good and especially the black wheels which work well with the body colour, enjoy.

Thank you! We will.

1 hour ago, Mash781 said:

Thank you! We will.

Don't forget to tell your insurance company about the black wheels, I know someone whose insurance refused to pay when his car was written off because he had painted his wheels black and hadn't told them. Took a year before they paid and only when forced to by the insurance ombudsman......

On 7/27/2022 at 2:39 PM, Pashley said:

Just found out from my dealer they are not going to start manufacturing MY23 models till mid next as there is a wait on new orders now for 12-16 months. So any past orders this year will be MY22.

Hi, what do you mean by "till mid next" - month or year? Here in Bulgaria, our dealership said to us that the Japanese factory will start producing MY23 in October 2022

25 minutes ago, victorg said:

Hi, what do you mean by "till mid next" - month or year? Here in Bulgaria, our dealership said to us that the Japanese factory will start producing MY23 in October 2022

I was told mid next year sorry. Honestly I think no one has a clue what’s going on 😂

3 hours ago, ColinB said:

Don't forget to tell your insurance company about the black wheels, I know someone whose insurance refused to pay when his car was written off because he had painted his wheels black and hadn't told them. Took a year before they paid and only when forced to by the insurance ombudsman......

Oh I will thank you! Going to sort insurance today so handy to know.

2 hours ago, Pashley said:

I was told mid next year sorry. Honestly I think no one has a clue what’s going on 😂

Absolutely. All we can do is to wait and hope for a faster delivery.

Can anyone tell me what Toyota do to the cars when they arrive in Derby before onward transport to the ordering dealer? I am told they do a PDI but when I talked to my dealer I was told that not much is done with the car in Derby and the receiving dealer does the PDI?

Just got an update from the dealer and my car is expected at the dealership this week so I am well pleased.

Edited by Iain_M
Update

3 hours ago, Iain_M said:

Can anyone tell me what Toyota do to the cars when they arrive in Derby before onward transport to the ordering dealer? I am told they do a PDI but when I talked to my dealer I was told that not much is done with the car in Derby and the receiving dealer does the PDI?

I heard they do the initial PDI but also make the car UK ready, e.g. applying the required warning labels, settings and calibrations. I was also told they fit some of the factory fit extras, presumably it would be something like styling or protection pack (maybe tow bar?) rather than things like dashcams.

Maybe nonsense, just what I'd been told.

Hi everybody.

Just ordered a PHEV. I stressed the dealer in specifying if we were talking about MY21 or MY23 model. Of course I am aiming to the MY23. He wasn't sure about what model year I was getting, so I told him that I am ready to cancel the order at any time even if it means to lose the deposit.

Received an email today saying that he got confirmation from his administrator that the model ordered is the, I quote, "RE2 model which is the newest model MY23".

ETA May 2023

Anyone knows what RE2 stand for? Restyling edition 2? couldn't find anything online or on the forum.

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I have been told that the new ETA for my Rav4 excel is first week of October 2022 but the Dealership has no further update.  MyT app has been in ''Processing Order'' since January 2022 that I ordered this car. Please is there anyone with the same experience?

1 minute ago, Akjon said:

Hi everyone,

I have been told that the new ETA for my Rav4 excel is first week of October 2022 but the Dealership has no further update.  MyT app has been in ''Processing Order'' since January 2002 that I ordered this car. Please is there anyone with the same experience?

I ordered mine end of January and never had app working the whole time 🤷🏻‍♂️ Apparently mine is in “Build”.

New car arrived at the dealers today. With PDI etc I will be picking it up sometime next week. Had a quick look at it and I think it is awesome. I noticed that there is no charging mat where the front USB port is ho hum.

Interior 2.jpeg

Interior 1.jpeg

New Car Front View.jpeg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Akjon said:

Hi everyone,

I have been told that the new ETA for my Rav4 excel is first week of October 2022 but the Dealership has no further update.  MyT app has been in ''Processing Order'' since January 2022 that I ordered this car. Please is there anyone with the same experience?

Yes, exactly the same. MyT still says "processing order" yet dealer has advised October collection.