Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

I did a test drive in a Silver Blade colour, we’d wanted the Scarlet Flare, but was torn between the two. Ended up with Scarlet Flare which we love but it’s frustrating when your head has a colour in mind and the option is withdrawn.

mmm blade silver...

IMG_20220628_113155_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

Mine is Obsidian Blue, I brought it back from a long road trip and thought it looked fairly dirty close up but from a distance it still looked amazing!

• Like 1

Obsidian Blue color, is it code 8x8? The only blue here in Bulgaria is called Midnight blue with this color code. It is very very dark blue with some light blue pearls. And one off-topic question. Who  makes the choise about the equipment of different trim levels? For example in USA the second trim level XLE has BSM, while here in Bulgaria it is included in the last and  most expensive trim level.

1 hour ago, victorg said:

Who  makes the choise about the equipment of different trim levels? 

The individual importer as they are responsible for sales in their market area. So for example, UK specs are decided by Toyota GB, German specs by Toyota Germany, etc. 

Bear in mind that Rav4s are assembled in the US for that market, so the sales organisation has more direct contact with the US plant - so a different scenario to Europe.

On 10/1/2022 at 9:01 PM, lightboxcar said:

We have ordered Obsidian Blue , nobody seems to mention that.

Is there some downside to thuis colour ?

No, it looks fantastic. Was going for Decuma Grey but decided on Obsidian Blue due to availability. So pleased I did. As another said, the contrast with the black isn't as strong as other colours, but that's fine with me. It looks smart when it's clean and in the sun.

Only down side with any of the darker colours is any small scratches deeper than the colour layer show up more.

Finally got the VIN number to put into the MYT app however after putting it in it doesn’t come up with any tracking information? Dealer has given me a date however I thought I would be able to track it! Also above the picture of the car is says “RS8” any ideas what that means? 

47 minutes ago, Pashley said:

Finally got the VIN number to put into the MYT app however after putting it in it doesn’t come up with any tracking information? Dealer has given me a date however I thought I would be able to track it! Also above the picture of the car is says “RS8” any ideas what that means? 

Please how did you get the VIN Number?

My car is now built waiting to be shipped, dealer gave it to me.

1 minute ago, Akjon said:

Please how did you get the VIN Number?

1 hour ago, Pashley said:

I could be wrong but I believe that tracking of a delivery (the progress of an order) is done by order number and NOT by VIN.

Once the car is delivered you switched to monitoring a registered car by VIN and so can 'track' it's mileage, fuel level, trips, service history etc.. And at that point any information relating to the delivery of the order disappears ...

I think ... 😉

Edit: Oh, and RS8 is just some sort of code for the model of the car. I trust that the model and colour in the picture is correct in terms of what you ordered? You can now edit the name from RS8 to anything that you want.

Wonder why I’ve never been able to track this order 😂 6 weeks left so fingers crossed!

2 minutes ago, philip42h said:

I could be wrong but I believe that tracking of a delivery (the progress of an order) is done by order number and NOT by VIN.

Once the car is delivered you switched to monitoring a registered car by VIN and so can 'track' it's mileage, fuel level, trips, service history etc.. And at that point any information relating to the delivery of the order disappears ...

I think ... 😉

1 minute ago, Pashley said:

Wonder why I’ve never been able to track this order 😂 6 weeks left so fingers crossed!

If it's a private purchase and your dealer set things up correctly you should have been able to track it. If it's a company car or lease then the car's 'real' owner would be able to track it.

17 minutes ago, Pashley said:

My car is now built waiting to be shipped, dealer gave it to me.

I was also told that my car was built last week. My dealer followed up with Toyota UK last week if there is anything they can do to improve my ETA but this is the response they gave him below.

image.thumb.png.79a546d73457bc0250dec92165df3331.png

1 minute ago, Akjon said:

I was also told that my car was built last week. My dealer followed up with Toyota UK last week if there is anything they can do to improve my ETA but this is the response they gave him below.

image.thumb.png.79a546d73457bc0250dec92165df3331.png

Mines the 16th November, probably same shipment! When did you order yours?

3 minutes ago, Pashley said:

Mines the 16th November, probably same shipment! When did you order yours?

I ordered since 4th February.

My ETA is now 24th November.

When did you order yours?

Ordered mine 24th Dec 2021. Dynamic HEV.

Still no update on delivery, was told it's not got a chassis number last week so it will be unlikely to be delivered before the end of Nov. 

MyT app says processing still.

Absolutely at my end of patience, but then again I've lasted this long. 

1 minute ago, sonosp said:

Ordered mine 24th Dec 2021. Dynamic HEV.

Still no update on delivery, was told it's not got a chassis number last week so it will be unlikely to be delivered before the end of Nov. 

MyT app says processing still.

Absolutely at my end of patience, but then again I've lasted this long. 

Mine is Excel HEV Silver Blade Colour.

My app changed to Build in Progress since Monday last week.

Hopefully I will get it by the end of November as said.

My dealership offered me another RAV Excel last week  which will be available for pick up this week but I do not like the Urban Khaki colour, so I opted to wait for my own car. 

On 9/29/2022 at 2:39 PM, Flatcoat said:

So what are you getting instead? 

Keep my present Rav4, and look around for a plug-in hybrid from another manufacturer.

2 hours ago, Akjon said:

Mine is Excel HEV Silver Blade Colour.

My app changed to Build in Progress since Monday last week.

Hopefully I will get it by the end of November as said.

My dealership offered me another RAV Excel last week  which will be available for pick up this week but I do not like the Urban Khaki colour, so I opted to wait for my own car. 

Can I get that Urban Khaki please? As it is the colour I like 🙂

2 hours ago, Hubsy said:

Keep my present Rav4, and look around for a plug-in hybrid from another manufacturer.

Your money and your choice but how long will that take? And do other PHEV’s offer a similar PHEV performance and real world range as the RAV? I extensively researched PHEVS last year and at the time the RAV real world range, usage in all weathers and general economy was unbeatable, and it is 4wd capsble which few competing PHEV’s are. 

Just had a phonecall from my dealer. Toyota UK are asking that all those with finance agreements pre-march 2022 waiting for orders are re-financed.

Interest rate increase of 2%.

If it had arrived last month/now like promised it would have been cheaper. Feels like a kick in the teeth with having to wait for it for so long. Oh and no further update when it will be delivered. 

6 minutes ago, sonosp said:

Just had a phonecall from my dealer. Toyota UK are asking that all those with finance agreements pre-march 2022 waiting for orders are re-financed.

Interest rate increase of 2%.

If it had arrived last month/now like promised it would have been cheaper. Feels like a kick in the teeth with having to wait for it for so long. Oh and no further update when it will be delivered. 

You might have expected Toyota to honour the previous deal as the delay is beyond your control. I’d probably see if you can negotiate some kind of middle ground?

1 minute ago, ernieb said:

You might have expected Toyota to honour the previous deal as the delay is beyond your control. I’d probably see if you can negotiate some kind of middle ground?

Writing an email now - not expecting anything at all because my expectations are so very low at this point in time.

Its another hit on my credit report too which I feel just another annoyance. 

I'll ask for some free sidesteps or something. Works out to about £1000 over the lifetime of agreement. 

1 minute ago, sonosp said:

Writing an email now - not expecting anything at all because my expectations are so very low at this point in time.

Its another hit on my credit report too which I feel just another annoyance. 

I'll ask for some free sidesteps or something. Works out to about £1000 over the lifetime of agreement. 

I’d start with asking then to justify how they can ask to change the agreement when they are in default with the delivery. Start high expecting to negotiate something between the original and new agreements.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links