Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

17 hours ago, sonosp said:

Here she is. Original price honoured.

They wrangled it that the registration price under £40,000 so I didn't have to pay the extra VAT in year 2 thru 5. What a result!

A 2023 rav 4 at a 2021 price. 👌

PXL_20230512_174753738.MP.jpg

Your Sales Man is telling you porkies about your car being under the 40k at registration. 

2 hours ago, FORBES said:

Your Sales Man is telling you porkies about your car being under the 40k at registration. 

I've seen the documentation proving its under £40,000. 

Either way if its an issue I'll be having a word with the lady who sold it to me. She specifically said it out loud Infront of two witnesses. 

1 hour ago, sonosp said:

Either way if its an issue I'll be having a word with the lady who sold it to me. She specifically said it out loud Infront of two witnesses. 

I signed a Confirmation of Registration Details for the DVLA, it states the amount the dealer paid for your first years' vehicle tax and also states the list price. It states that I am required to pay an additional rate of vehicle tax and it requires the keepers signature....or at least mine did. I have to say I cannot recall ever signing one previously but this is the first new car that I have purchased that is over the £40000 threshold. Nice deal if it's under for any approved reason. 

Doesn't matter what was said in front of however many witnesses, or if you paid less than £40K, if it is a current model and the list price on the day of registration is over £40K, the dealer has submitted incorrect information. If DVLA investigate, or compare previously submitted paperwork for similar models from that dealer which were over £40K on the date of first reg, you have an issue. No leeway on taxation.

• Like 3

How does the list price work actually? Is it just the official market price set by the manufacturer?

Is it fixed or do other things affects it, e.g. options? Just factory options or dealer-fit ones too?

If you 'de-option' a car would that affect it?

I do wonder, if the list price is near 40k, could manufacturers undercut it officially but have the dealers sell it for a higher price like they have been doing in the USA?

2 hours ago, sonosp said:

What is under £40k? List price or (discounted) transaction price? The price you are paying for it and the list price might (almost certainly will) at the date of purchase (collection) be 2 different figures, with the latter higher than the former.   

Be a bonus if she is right, but when I ordered mine I asked the question and was told that there is absolutely no way of “cheating the system”

Look up your registration on the gov website under car tax. It tells you there what your tax rates are

15 minutes ago, FORBES said:

Look up your registration on the gov website under car tax. It tells you there what your tax rates are

You need your registration document to be able to do that and he may not have received it yet.

2 hours ago, Roger_N said:

You need your registration document to be able to do that and he may not have received it yet.

You do not need the V5 all you need is the registration number and good old common sense. You don't even need to be a IT expert or a very well educated person.

1 hour ago, FORBES said:

You do not need the V5 all you need is the registration number and good old common sense. You don't even need to be a IT expert or a very well educated person.

Well you know something I don't, I can see my car is taxed but for more information it asks for the V5 number.

Snap22.thumb.jpg.425daf9601ba15db4b56bfb70ca1ff15.jpg

Snap23.jpg

On 5/12/2023 at 7:04 PM, sonosp said:

They wrangled it that the registration price under £40,000 so I didn't have to pay the extra VAT in year 2 thru 5. What a result!

Looks like the wrangle didn't work - done the VED check for HW23KVC and it shows

"Additional Rate applicable until    30th April 2029". See -

https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/VehicleFound?locale=en

6 hours ago, Cyker said:

How does the list price work actually? Is it just the official market price set by the manufacturer?

Is it fixed or do other things affects it, e.g. options? Just factory options or dealer-fit ones too?

If you 'de-option' a car would that affect it?

I do wonder, if the list price is near 40k, could manufacturers undercut it officially but have the dealers sell it for a higher price like they have been doing in the USA?

Yes - it's just the sum of figures from the manufacturer's retail Price List. That includes grade, engine variant, paint and any factory fitted options and extras. So in our case, anything fitted to the car before it leaves Burnaston.

It dos not include dealer (or indeed owner) fitted accessories - so the dash cam doesn't count. Nor in my case the equivalent to the Protection Plus pack fitted as series of accessories by the dealer precisely to keep the list price just under the magic £40k. The scope for such 'price engineering' is fairly limited ... 😉

The list price is what the manufacturer says it is. Dealer discounts or surcharges have no bearing on the matter. So, in theory, the manufacturer could reduce both the list price and the dealer's ability to discount.

• Like 1

Just had a word with the dealer and taken all of your words on board guys and you are right. The extra tax level is indeed applicable. When they said it wouldnt. 

Balls in my court now and I think I'll argue for free servicing. That should make up the difference. Shame though because it will no doubt effect who would want to buy then car when it comes time to sell. 

Thank you all, for your insight and comments. The sale price of the car was 35,600 with extras included. The Registration price was 42,800 with the same extras included. 

The significant good news is that they honoured the original price and interest rate and it came as a 2023 with all the extras that includes. The car insurance was also significantly lower than expected. £390 for the year fully comp. Two drivers, 10 years no claims.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just had a word with the dealer and taken all of your words on board guys and you are right. The extra tax level is indeed applicable. When they said it wouldnt. 

Balls in my court now and I think I'll argue for free servicing. That should make up the difference. Shame though because it will no doubt effect who would want to buy then car when it comes time to sell. 

Thank you all, for your insight and comments. The sale price of the car was 35,600 with extras included. The Registration price was 42,800 with the same extras included. 

The significant good news is that they honoured the original price and interest rate and it came as a 2023 with all the extras that includes. The car insurance was also significantly lower than expected. £390 for the year fully comp. Two drivers, 10 years no claims.  

What's really important here is that you are satisfied with your purchase and that despite the unexpected financial additions you are content to pay the price you are paying. There will always be another 'deal' somewhere that is better than the one you obtained.....but also there are a considerable number of 'deals' that are equally welcomed by the purchaser that you wouldn't be happy to accept. Don't let the extra costs sour your purchase; be thankful you have the car you wanted, that you can afford to make the payments, and that you enjoy the driving experience. Peace of mind is a gift we should all cherish....and strive to obtain. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, pepperoni said:

What's really important here is that you are satisfied with your purchase and that despite the unexpected financial additions you are content to pay the price you are paying. There will always be another 'deal' somewhere that is better than the one you obtained.....but also there are a considerable number of 'deals' that are equally welcomed by the purchaser that you wouldn't be happy to accept. Don't let the extra costs sour your purchase; be thankful you have the car you wanted, that you can afford to make the payments, and that you enjoy the driving experience. Peace of mind is a gift we should all cherish....and strive to obtain. 

Yes, that is right. I'm quite satisfied now. The car is fantastic. Driven 100 miles so far and the combined MPG has been 65! Really suprised. Even though its a HEV I can still drive it in EV mode for slower speeds.

So glad its finally here after waiting so long. Hope the rest of you waiting get yours soon! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sonosp said:

Yes, that is right. I'm quite satisfied now. The car is fantastic. Driven 100 miles so far and the combined MPG has been 65! Really suprised. Even though its a HEV I can still drive it in EV mode for slower speeds.

So glad its finally here after waiting so long. Hope the rest of you waiting get yours soon! 

When they become available to order again the will almost certainly be more expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

Having read the stories of delays I wasn’t hopeful about my Rav4 (phev dynamic premium, JBL and pano roof) I ordered it in October last year and it was due for an August 23 delivery.

I’d heard nothing at all from the dealer even after contacting them twice but I got a call from them yesterday saying it’s still expected in August maybe September, so things are either looking up for speeding up production or they are lying 🤞🏻😊

21 minutes ago, Renquist said:

Having read the stories of delays I wasn’t hopeful about my Rav4 (phev dynamic premium, JBL and pano roof) I ordered it in October last year and it was due for an August 23 delivery.

I’d heard nothing at all from the dealer even after contacting them twice but I got a call from them yesterday saying it’s still expected in August maybe September, so things are either looking up for speeding up production or they are lying 🤞🏻😊

For much of the second half of last year (2022) production was curtailed or non-existent. But as far as I can tell, Toyota (Japan) haven't issued a monthly Production Plan since March this year. And that's a good thing since the monthly production plan apologises for adjustments and indicates which lines aren't running. So, it's beginning to look as though things are getting back on track ... 🤞

3 hours ago, philip42h said:

For much of the second half of last year (2022) production was curtailed or non-existent. But as far as I can tell, Toyota (Japan) haven't issued a monthly Production Plan since March this year. And that's a good thing since the monthly production plan apologises for adjustments and indicates which lines aren't running. So, it's beginning to look as though things are getting back on track

Hope so. I ordered a RAV4 PHEV in May 2022 and was initially told Feb 23, then April 23 and now I'm being told October or November. The dealership admitted they had no idea and were basically making the delivery dates up. On the bright side, dealer did say my order was likely to be converted into the Sport GR model 😁

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

Long time lurker here and now have a practical question about my order. Ordered a Rav4 PHEV '22 September and have been following the progress of the order using the My T app. The app was showing the order and that it was being processed. There was only a symbol of the car and you could not see any specs. Don't have a screenshot unfortunately.

However, today when I looked at the app, it now shows a picture of the car, matching what we ordered and also the specs below. Still states it's being processed but this definitely a change from what the app was displaying before.

This gives me a little hope that perhaps it is moving along in the queue.

Anyone else seen this and if you did, what happened after this and how long did it take for the car to go into production?

I sort of given up hope that we would see the car this year but this again gives me a little hope that we might.

Thanks in advance,

LD

I had the same thing happen with my app this last week, I’m hoping it means production is about to begin. 

16 hours ago, Lasser Drakar said:

Hello all,

Long time lurker here and now have a practical question about my order. Ordered a Rav4 PHEV '22 September and have been following the progress of the order using the My T app. The app was showing the order and that it was being processed. There was only a symbol of the car and you could not see any specs. Don't have a screenshot unfortunately.

However, today when I looked at the app, it now shows a picture of the car, matching what we ordered and also the specs below. Still states it's being processed but this definitely a change from what the app was displaying before.

This gives me a little hope that perhaps it is moving along in the queue.

Anyone else seen this and if you did, what happened after this and how long did it take for the car to go into production?

I sort of given up hope that we would see the car this year but this again gives me a little hope that we might.

Thanks in advance,

LD

Same here. "Coloured in" picture of car compared to previous skeleton outline plus more detail on spec of car.

PHEV Design ordered September 2022, quoted delivering July 2023.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links