Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

3 hours ago, atartan said:

JSON data on Toyota page  suggests that the car will leave the factory on 20th. Hopefully  6 weeks time, it will be delivered to me 😃

I seem to remember from your previous post it was due to leave Japan on the 20th of Jan, also time to build is around a day so depending how quickly the MyT app is updated and the date of ship departures this is possible.

I spoke with the dealership that I ordered mine from and was told there system was showing delivery to them as the 30th of March (my order date was 18th Oct)  but there expectation was it will probably be sooner but again it could go either way.

On 1/5/2022 at 12:49 PM, Firecycle said:

Latest update with mine its been built and has left the factory so I presume  it will be on a boat at some point this month

We ordered a black edition on 9th Sept and have null values too 😢 might see the car in 2023 what's the features planned for then?? 😉 

Just seen a news feed on NHK World Japan and they stated that Toyota had said it would be 150,000 cars down on the Japanese production forecast for February and that the annual 9M forecast would be significantly impacted.  This was related to part shortages for various reasons, chips, covid etc.

Last November Toyota were saying they were over the worst and expected this year to be better. That of course was pre Omicron. 

1 hour ago, Canningz said:

We ordered a black edition on 9th Sept and have null values too 😢 might see the car in 2023 what's the features planned for then?? 😉 

Have Toyota confirmed you will get a Black edition? It was dropped for 22MY…..

I’m sorry if this has been posted before

This is a link to a GR Yaris forum, one of the members on there did a lot of work on tracking the delivery process, now I accept this is not for the RAV4 but it gives insight into the process and is worth a look at.

Yaris cars are shipped from the port of Nagoya, can anyone confirm where the RAV is shipped from?

https://www.gr-yaris.co.uk/forum/threads/a-how-to-guide-tracking-ships-from-nagoya-japan-to-europe-and-the-uk.2379/

3 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

It was reported earlier that Toyota were honouring outstanding orders for the Black Edition - it is, after all, largely just a question of paint. I imagine that folk will receive and 'all black' version of the 2022MY car ...

1 hour ago, Canningz said:

But by 2023 they are likely to paint the black parts white ... 😁

On 11/29/2021 at 8:19 PM, atartan said:

I ordered a RAV4 15th October and I was told It would arrive 25th of April. My dealer called me couple of weeks ago and told me It would arrive in March and he called me again last week  and said it's arriving in February now. He can't  even tell me whether it will be updated MY22 or not...  Has anyone ordered RAV4 in recent months , if they have, what's your estimated delivery time ?  Thanks.

I ordered mine in September, tracked it on the App. It was built in December, and apparently is in transit, although i'm not sure whether it's still travelling or arrived in Portbury. I was originally told a delivery date of February, then it was moved to March/April, now it might be Feb again. No info from the dealer as yet, though.

3 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

I ordered one in August and had an update from the dealership some time before Christmas saying that Toyota were honouring orders (with the 22MY changes which is pretty much just the lights I believe) and that they were expecting delivery to be around May (original delivery date was estimated December when I ordered).

At the minute my status is pretty much the same as Canningz’s, with the MyT app current showing status as “processing order”.

I ordered my Excel on 21st September, it was built in December and it arrived at Portbury last weekend, so should get it for 1st March.

Hi all, first post here, but I received some information from Toyota GB about an a car I'm due through Lex Autolease (it's a company car).

I ordered a PHEV in early November. My initial stock date was June 2022 but this was quickly moved forward to Feb 2022. About two weeks ago this got moved forward again to the end of Jan.

I enquired today about the dates and what that meant regarding it being MY21 or MY22 (i.e. whether it would be the updated model or not). Toyota's response was that "the PHEV MY22 has not been released yet" hence my vehicle would be MY21. It was currently at their "depot" waiting to go the dealer next week.

From the sounds of this, it looks as if they may have some MY21 cars perhaps hanging around ready for those of us whose spec requirements fit the bill for these "spare" cars? Not sure if this is actually the case, merely just a speculative guess!

However, hopefully this gives people some guidance around timescales.

Not sure re. the above as i’ve seen on other forums that USA have started getting through my22 primes with led interior lights very recently - not sure if theirs are also built in japan or not though? Will be interesting to see what PHEV cars from now on in the uk will be like. Sounds like the biggest give away is the illuminated interior light switches on the roof + all of the interior lighting is LED.

There is no way Toyota have cars ‘hanging around’! a cancelled order or release a car scheduled for management is a possibility, but unlikely. 

9 hours ago, Kp387 said:

Hi all, first post here, but I received some information from Toyota GB about an a car I'm due through Lex Autolease (it's a company car).

I ordered a PHEV in early November. My initial stock date was June 2022 but this was quickly moved forward to Feb 2022. About two weeks ago this got moved forward again to the end of Jan.

I enquired today about the dates and what that meant regarding it being MY21 or MY22 (i.e. whether it would be the updated model or not). Toyota's response was that "the PHEV MY22 has not been released yet" hence my vehicle would be MY21. It was currently at their "depot" waiting to go the dealer next week.

From the sounds of this, it looks as if they may have some MY21 cars perhaps hanging around ready for those of us whose spec requirements fit the bill for these "spare" cars? Not sure if this is actually the case, merely just a speculative guess!

However, hopefully this gives people some guidance around timescales.

The PHEV has not had an upgrade, it is only the HEV that has had it.

44 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

There is no way Toyota have cars ‘hanging around’! a cancelled order or release a car scheduled for management is a possibility, but unlikely. 

Yes, possibly. It's just that ten weeks between ordering and the car being at Toyota's depot in the UK just seemed too long for a "stock" vehicle yet too soon for a factory order, hence my thinking.

17 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

The PHEV has not had an upgrade, it is only the HEV that has had it.

According to the Toyota configurator, if you go and build a new PHEV it now has the new front lights and LED interior lights etc, hence I was assuming it was included within the 2022 upgrades. 

My PHEV was built in Early December I pick it up in the next couple weeks. I’ll let you all know if it has the reported MY22 lights. 

14 minutes ago, Kp387 said:

According to the Toyota configurator, if you go and build a new PHEV it now has the new front lights and LED interior lights etc, hence I was assuming it was included within the 2022 upgrades. 

This was a question asked on the Toyota mag site, as below.

RAV4 Adventure adds rugged styling for 2022 - Toyota UK Magazine

Snap6.thumb.jpg.5995425f54207f230809a82df5bd134c.jpg

23 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

Last time we spoke to our dealership which was start of dec I think he said yep definitely still getting black edition, but date unknown

1 hour ago, Kp387 said:

Yes, possibly. It's just that ten weeks between ordering and the car being at Toyota's depot in the UK just seemed too long for a "stock" vehicle yet too soon for a factory order, hence my thinking.

Mine took 11 weeks from order arrival at the dealers. 

... which sounds about right.

The car spends a day or two in the factory getting built. Average shipping times Japan to the UK is given as 38-40 days. So that's about 7 weeks.

If you allow a couple of weeks in Japan to get the order into the factory and the car onto the transporter, and then two or three weeks to get the car off the transporter, shipped to Burnaston for Toyota UK to do their stuff there and then shipped to the dealer to get the car ready for its new owner, you get to an elapsed time of 11 or 12 weeks. An order isn't going to get built and delivered much faster ...

There's always scope for additional delay of course! 😉

• Like 1

Sadly there is currently a real possibility as the news in Japan today was saying that they were just beginning to struggle with the Covid Omicron variant suggesting that the could be pressures on the whole infrastructure and that it had not reached a peak yet.   Let’s hope that all the current backlog orders are not impacted. 

At least Omicron appears to be a short intense impact albeit will have longer lasting impact on supply chains. Even though the availability of ‘chips’ is easing now that additional capacity is becoming available, i can see the wider end-product supply problems lasting through this year. 

From media reports I've seen today, Toyota production isn't back to where they thought it would be, due to the continuing effects of semiconductor shortages. So production/delivery delays won't be getting any better for a while.

Not sure on timings for transportation but according to MyT and the emails I have had mine was built around new year and was due at the dealers on 27th Feb, that has now been revised and confirmed in an email and via a call from the dealer as being 18th Feb. So by my calculation it must have been on the dock prior to being loaded on the ship for a very short period of time. No idea which boat it is on though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links