Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

2 hours ago, atartan said:

Same colour as my order. Mine is coming to UK next week. Waiting kills me.. No idea why it takes another 3 weeks once its in the UK 🤔

Ata, I think 3 weeks is a little over the top, my experience was just over a week but I guess they have to build in more time depending on how busy they are.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

Looks classy in silver! 

It does Adrian, can't beat silver and black but everyone has their preferences, I love it but that's just me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Firecycle said:

Ata, I think 3 weeks is a little over the top, my experience was just over a week but I guess they have to build in more time depending on how busy they are.

Finger crossed, Hopefully It arrives to dealer in first week of March

Great to know Toyota have done this, I wonder how many other manufacturers would do the same?

• Like 1

Gary

It looks like you have the mud flaps fitted did you factory order them or get the dealer to fit them.

48 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

Gary

It looks like you have the mud flaps fitted did you factory order them or get the dealer to fit them.

Hi Roger

I ordered the protection  plus pack and they get fitted at Toyota UK before its delivered to the dealer, it also includes the protection strip on the rear bumper, a rubber boot liner and rubber mats, I didn't see them as they are wrapped up in the boot and I didn't have a look. It also has the Premium Pack which again I ordered so it's a very well specced car.

Gary

Did you have a chat about the VED/ car tax as you like me will be over the £40000 threshold with the new price?

Mine is just below Roger as it's a 2wd so wont be affected, but VED is based on the MRSP at the time the car is registered and not based on what has been paid for it, so getting a deal below 40k would not mean that you would dodge the extra VED.

1 hour ago, Firecycle said:

I ordered the protection  plus pack and they get fitted at Toyota UK before its delivered to the dealer, it also includes the protection strip on the rear bumper, a rubber boot liner and rubber mats, I didn't see them as they are wrapped up in the boot and I didn't have a look. It also has the Premium Pack which again I ordered so it's a very well specced car.

17 minutes ago, Firecycle said:

Mine is just below Roger as it's a 2wd so wont be affected, but VED is based on the MRSP at the time the car is registered and not based on what has been paid for it, so getting a deal below 40k would not mean that you would dodge the extra VED.

Gary

Are you sure?

Snap10.thumb.jpg.e42d50455fa6be7d01492456f4bfcddd.jpg

Look like I'm in the same boat as you then Roger......bugger must have got my man maths wrong

35 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

Gary

Are you sure?

Snap10.thumb.jpg.e42d50455fa6be7d01492456f4bfcddd.jpg

The extra payments fall due from the second year the vehicle is taxed. Extract from the Government's vehicle tax rates:

"Vehicles with a list price of more than £40,000
You have to pay an extra £335 a year if you have a car or motorhome with a ‘list price’ (the published price before any discounts) of more than £40,000. You do not have to pay this if you have a zero emission vehicle.

You only have to pay this rate for 5 years (from the second time the vehicle is taxed)."

See: https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-rate-tables

• Like 1

I based my figures on when I ordered it, now with the price rise and taking delivery after the rise its put me over. I wouldn't mind so much but its supposed to be a luxury car tax and hasn't kept track with inflation  since its inception......!Removed! government.

1 hour ago, Firecycle said:

I based my figures on when I ordered it, now with the price rise and taking delivery after the rise its put me over. I wouldn't mind so much but its supposed to be a luxury car tax and hasn't kept track with inflation  since its inception......!Removed! government.

Yes, that is my gripe too. With rampant inflation approaching It won’t belong before a Yaris is caught up with this tax. 

Its yet another stealth tax, anyway what's done is done and my pocket will be a little lighter for a few years to come. 

I don’t know whether this was an official statement or just a comment by someone but I remember “if one can afford £40k for a car you can afford £500 for tax”

• Like 1

Well when you placed the order and you made sure it was below 40k list price then whilst waiting said list price has gone up and you get stung that's not fair. Anyway I paid nowhere near that after discounts from carrwow, so a statement such as that is unfair.

• Like 1

Unfortunately tax systems don't take fairness into account. The VED system has to have a clearly defined point where the  car becomes eligible for the extra payment, and, in this case, it is when the car is first registered.

8 hours ago, Catlover said:

I don’t know whether this was an official statement or just a comment by someone but I remember “if one can afford £40k for a car you can afford £500 for tax”

Agree as long as the threshold keeps pace with inflation. The definition about the application of VED threshold has been done to death so issues of unfairness are pointless. If we are going to talk about unfair application then why are EV’s exempt while PHEV’s are not? After all don't those who buy EV’s do so to save the planet? Isn’t that incentive enough? Cynic? Me? 

Agree its been done to death but if a monetary tax limit is set it should keep pace with inflation, after all income tax and many other's do.

Anyway let's get back on topic and I hope that everyone who has placed an order and not yet received it does so sooner rather than later, after seeing mine on Friday it was well worth the wait.

You want to try being a pensioner when the government can’t even stick within the procedures set by themselves ie should be 8% increase, they “generously” give 3.1% which doesn’t come into being until April by which time the increase will already have been eroded by increases in cost of living with many more rises to come.          
My grump for the day. End of.

• Like 1

The tax that really upsets me is the VAT on fuel duty, why on earth should you pay tax on a tax.

Made the order of a RAV4 Plug in this last Saturday, the sales lady told me to expect a delivery in September 2022, 

I know is along time and recently we bought a Yaris and it took 6 months to delivery, but would like to know on your experience with the Plug In if is has indeed a longer delivery times, as I've read here seems some PHEV were being delivery sooner than the HEV.

On another query do you know since order and order documents sent to me how long it usually takes to show in MyToyota, just checked and still not there, if not the mistaken the Yaris was there the day after.

Or is there something i need to configure or request in addition

Thanks in Advance

J

29 minutes ago, JMCterrano2 said:

Made the order of a RAV4 Plug in this last Saturday, the sales lady told me to expect a delivery in September 2022, 

I know is along time and recently we bought a Yaris and it took 6 months to delivery, but would like to know on your experience with the Plug In if is has indeed a longer delivery times, as I've read here seems some PHEV were being delivery sooner than the HEV.

On another query do you know since order and order documents sent to me how long it usually takes to show in MyToyota, just checked and still not there, if not the mistaken the Yaris was there the day after.

Or is there something i need to configure or request in addition

Thanks in Advance

J

Just a quick Update, 

Is now in my Toyota, processing order, will be another long wait.

If your experience with PHEV is different please let us know

BR

J