Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

I only found out because I was being paranoid and checked the insurance database the next day via https://ownvehicle.askmid.com which said I was uninsured! :eek: 

The main advantage of the drive away insurance is that it enables the dealer to register the car without you having to supply them a certificate of insurance beforehand.

We always transfer our insurance onto the new car whilst maintaining cover on our existing car for the day we're due to collect it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Canningz said:

My black edition has an estimated date of the 19th after ordering in sept did anyone else get told they had to get drive away insurance to take it from the dealer when it arrives?

I was offered "driveaway insurance" but I simply transferred my insurance from the old car to the new one. I contacted my insurers once I knew the registration number and the date I was collecting it.

• Like 2

The instructions for the drive away insurance are straight forward so do not understand the problem. And Canningz, did you really pay full list price?! 

They are, but that's no help if the sales agent doesn't do their side!

1 hour ago, Flatcoat said:

The instructions for the drive away insurance are straight forward so do not understand the problem. And Canningz, did you really pay full list price?! 

36,850 is what my quote is broken down from on 42 month pcp Toyota finance 

14 hours ago, Canningz said:

36,850 is what my quote is broken down from on 42 month pcp Toyota finance 

I'm pretty sure the Black Edition was around 38-39k list price (without any extras) when I looked at it on the Toyota website last year just before they stopped offering it. I don't know for sure, but 36.8k sounds like a decent price to me for that spec. That might have been the AWD model though. Anyway, it is a lovely car and you're paying less than you would do if you ordered an equivalent now, so I think you are doing OK at that price.

The drive-away insurance was great from Toyota for me, but I would caution you to shop around for the full insurance. The quote they gave me was ridiculous compared to what I ended up paying elsewhere (really silly - like £1.3k more). I must not meet the criteria for the kind of customers they are looking for right now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cmap said:

I'm pretty sure the Black Edition was around 38-39k list price (without any extras) when I looked at it on the Toyota website last year just before they stopped offering it. I don't know for sure, but 36.8k sounds like a decent price to me for that spec. That might have been the AWD model though. Anyway, it is a lovely car and you're paying less than you would do if you ordered an equivalent now, so I think you are doing OK at that price.

The drive-away insurance was great from Toyota for me, but I would caution you to shop around for the full insurance. The quote they gave me was ridiculous compared to what I ended up paying elsewhere (really silly - like £1.3k more). I must not meet the criteria for the kind of customers they are looking for right now. 

I’ve just had a look at the spec brochure / price list I have saved on my phone (June 2022 edition) and it has the FWD black edition listed at £36,585 (or £36,850 on the road). You are correct the AWD was £38,920 list price ( or £39,185 OTR).

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ce1 said:

I’ve just had a look at the spec brochure / price list I have saved on my phone (June 2022 edition) and it has the FWD black edition listed at £36,585 (or £36,850 on the road). You are correct the AWD was £38,920 list price ( or £39,185 OTR).

Yeah the FWD is what we got, but like said I’m pretty okay with the payments against spec tbh after 8 months I just want the car now

On 5/16/2022 at 11:14 AM, Canningz said:

Yeah the FWD is what we got, but like said I’m pretty okay with the payments against spec tbh after 8 months I just want the car now

Seems I may have got carried away, the JSON says estimateddeliverytofinaldestination of 19/05/2022 but its still not left derby 😢

1 hour ago, Canningz said:

Seems I may have got carried away, the JSON says estimateddeliverytofinaldestination of 19/05/2022 but its still not left derby 😢

And they just updated the date to 26/5 guess no car this week then

Mine dealer emails every month saying "still eta of September"

I ordered my dynamic non plug in back on 24th Dec. The wait is killing me now. haha MyT hasnt updated at all. Still says processing order

It will not indicate any change in the MyT app until it hits production. The wait for an update is agonising, it would have been good if they could have added a step between ‘processing order’ and ‘production’. To to let the buying know it’s accepted and waiting a production slot?

• Like 1

I've just been informed that my PHEV Dynamic Premium will be delivered to me next Thursday by my dealership. Can't wait 😀

6 hours ago, AnApeNamedJoe said:

I've just been informed that my PHEV Dynamic Premium will be delivered to me next Thursday by my dealership. Can't wait 😀

When did you order it, may I ask?

2 hours ago, Centaur said:

When did you order it, may I ask?

Ordered on 21/12/21

I placed my  RAV4 PHEV order in mid-Feb and it is still showing as Processing Order on the MyT App.

I spoke to the dealer last week and they are  "confident" of delivery in July, although they then back-tracked from "confident" to "hopeful" when I pointed out that it was not in production yet.

Still, good to see that "AnApeNamedJoe" who ordered in Dec is getting their car delivered imminently, so perhaps end of July or August is realistic for mine after all.

54 minutes ago, McPrius said:

I placed my  RAV4 PHEV order in mid-Feb and it is still showing as Processing Order on the MyT App.

I spoke to the dealer last week and they are  "confident" of delivery in July, although they then back-tracked from "confident" to "hopeful" when I pointed out that it was not in production yet.

Still, good to see that "AnApeNamedJoe" who ordered in Dec is getting their car delivered imminently, so perhaps end of July or August is realistic for mine after all.

July sounds about right. The wait for PHEVs seems to be much shorter than HEVs.

25 minutes ago, AnApeNamedJoe said:

July sounds about right. The wait for PHEVs seems to be much shorter than HEVs.

Mine was ordered Mid November last year.....manufactured 24 December....arrived at dealership mid February

NASY, Hayzee and AnApeNamedJoe, many thanks for the replies, all very encouraging!

• Like 1

I had a call from my dealer yesterday to say that their estimate for my PHEV was still for a September delivery (ordered in mid-February).  I've no way of knowing if that's got any basis in fact but at least it is encouraging that it doesn't seem to have got pushed back from their original estimate.

• Like 1

Wonder whether European deliveries will be affected by Toyota production reductions in June:

I'd have been surprised if they could have met the original estimated delivery date as it was, with all the disruption and supply issues.  All that has only got worse since my order was placed, so I won't be holding my breath.  I'm not going to stress over it, though, and will just look forward to taking delivery as and when they can get it to me.

Hi All, anyone know what the typical ETA in weeks is once the car has gone into build? I have been given a date of 25th July, but hoping I might get it a week or 2 before that as I will be going away.

Thanks Pete