Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc


atartan
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mash781 said:

Still not been linked after speaking to customer services. I’ve now asked the dealer if he can do it. Yours must be in production too as you ordered three days before us. Perhaps it hasn’t updated on the app yet?

I hope to see the car in 'production' too. Toyata UK has told me the ETA provided by the dealership, is the latest information I can get from them. I've raised a case with Toyota UK to get them to check with the factory in Japan directly.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


38 minutes ago, Jeffrey Loh said:

I hope to see the car in 'production' too. Toyata UK has told me the ETA provided by the dealership, is the latest information I can get from them. I've raised a case with Toyota UK to get them to check with the factory in Japan directly.

 

Excellent let me know how you get on. Dealership can’t link my app until they have a vin apparently, pain!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/8/2022 at 5:19 PM, Roger_N said:

That's not the way it works unfortunately but because the Black Edition has not had any price rises since October, that is the list price that will count to decide if you are over the £40,000, that's how I understand it anyway.

I ordered my Excel in October the price was well under £39,000 at the time but the list price was over by the time I got it and that's what counts. The dealer has to inform the DVLA of the list price at the time the car is registered and extras are included.

Because the Black Edition is no longer available, that was the list price back in September and they honoured it.  The price I paid is the list price Toyota will advise the DVLA about (I checked with them).

The guys that ordered and received the Black Edition are lucky.  The guys that ordered cars that are still made I.e. Dynamic, Excel etc., may not be so lucky.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Mash781 said:

Excellent let me know how you get on. Dealership can’t link my app until they have a vin apparently, pain!

Try to raise a case with Toyota UK, and request for them to link your order onto the app. You will need to provide your order ID and email address.

Connectivity | Discover Toyota | Toyota UK

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Bolt13 said:

The guys that ordered and received the Black Edition are lucky.  The guys that ordered cars that are still made I.e. Dynamic, Excel etc., may not be so lucky.

Though the current price list gives separate pricing for MY2022 cars and MY2023 cars. So those waiting for a MY2022 car should find, just as with the Black Edition, the list price of their car is now fixed ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very pleased with this after four month wait from order to delivery, Dynamic Premium PHEV. Great timing to save on petrol, reliably delivers all my local runs on home charge up to 50 miles.

image.jpeg

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, NASY said:

Very pleased with this after four month wait from order to delivery, Dynamic Premium PHEV. Great timing to save on petrol, reliably delivers all my local runs on home charge up to 50 miles.

Looks excellent!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, NASY said:

Very pleased with this after four month wait from order to delivery, Dynamic Premium PHEV. Great timing to save on petrol, reliably delivers all my local runs on home charge up to 50 miles.

image.jpeg

Enjoy…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bolt13 said:

The guys that ordered cars that are still made I.e. Dynamic, Excel etc., may not be so lucky.

There is no maybe about it, you have to pay the current list price of the 2022 model.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ordered early October and received middle of May. It’s the Hybrid Dynamic (JBL PVM). 

After a few weeks of ownership, I’ve got to say, I !Removed! love it! So glad I went for a Toyota after several months wondering if I made the right choice. 

Really happy about the fuel economy. My average is 52MPG over the past month, but on some days when I drive like a granny, I can get close to 60MPG. Pretty handy given how crazy it cost to fill the tank up nowadays!

I also have the premium pack so it has the moonroof. I didn’t order this - it just came with it. Not sure why, but I’m not complaining! Maybe Toyota made a mistake…

If I’m being super picky, the things I don’t like are;

- the infotainment system, it feels really dated

- no way of changing the brightness of the interior lights

- the lane assistance doesn’t work very well

- speed limit indicators are not very reliable

- mobile app could be much better

- car key looks cheap

- opening and closing windows on the key needs to be programmed by technician

- no kick feature to open boot

- The chrome areas on the back would look better if they were black

Enjoy your new Rav4 when you get it! You’ll love it. 

 

EBEDAC70-63ED-4090-B977-068DE8495EFF.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, philip42h said:

Though the current price list gives separate pricing for MY2022 cars and MY2023 cars. So those waiting for a MY2022 car should find, just as with the Black Edition, the list price of their car is now fixed ...

Not sure this will apply. Unless grades are actually discontinued, like the Black Edition, I would imagine that to Government, a Dynamic is a Dynamic, an Excel is an Excel, etc, no matter what the model year is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, philip42h said:

Though the current price list gives separate pricing for MY2022 cars and MY2023 cars. So those waiting for a MY2022 car should find, just as with the Black Edition, the list price of their car is now fixed ...

This is becoming boring, how many posts have to say it doesn’t work that way? The VED is based on the list price at the point of delivery. You can argue interpretations until the cows come home but you will not change it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Not sure this will apply. Unless grades are actually discontinued, like the Black Edition, I would imagine that to Government, a Dynamic is a Dynamic, an Excel is an Excel, etc, no matter what the model year is.

I'm not sure either Mike ... by the "grade is just a grade" argument, anyone collecting a MY22 car this month could be taxed on the basis of MY23 pricing since that is already in the price list? Who knows ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Mash781 said:

Excellent let me know how you get on. Dealership can’t link my app until they have a vin apparently, pain!

I'm convinced some dealers just don't know how the order tracking works. When I ordered my Rav4, I confirmed the order over the phone and paid the holding fee and it appeared in the app within a minute.

My wife ordered a Yaris from a different dealer and after first telling her it would appear in the app as soon as the order was input, they then said it might take a couple of weeks, then we had exactly the same discussion about needing the VIN. How do you get a VIN until the car is in build?

A quick email exchange with Toyota Customer Services and it appeared in the app within 5 minutes, no VIN!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another "delivery is still expected in September" email from my dealer. 

Shot one back, "if its a 12 week build/shipping process, they should be starting build in the next week to meet September" 

Not holding out much hope. Ordered on the 24th Dec 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Mash781 said:

Excellent let me know how you get on. Dealership can’t link my app until they have a vin apparently, pain!

If you are buying from a dealer you should be able to track the car as soon as the order is placed (almost), use the same email address you gave to the dealer on the on the MYT app, if you are buying via a lease arrangement or any thing that uses that system you will not be able to track the order.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How long after people got there VIN number it takes to get delivered? Mines due in under 3 weeks and I haven’t heard anything as of yet and the dealer who sold me the car seems to take about 1 month to reply to an email.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ernieb said:

I didn’t get a VIN number until I picked up the car.

I’m like a few other people on this where the MYT app hasn’t said that the order is placed and he will give me a VIN number to start tracking the build when he gets it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Pashley said:

I’m like a few other people on this where the MYT app hasn’t said that the order is placed and he will give me a VIN number to start tracking the build when he gets it. 

OK, that's not quite right. The tracking from order to delivery is based on the order number. Your dealer should be able to set that up for you - you can't.

Subsequent use of the MyT app is based on the VIN number - which as Ernie, says, you probably won't get until you get the car (or, at least, it is at the dealership).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Pashley said:

I’m like a few other people on this where the MYT app hasn’t said that the order is placed and he will give me a VIN number to start tracking the build when he gets it. 

Are you buying the car under the lease system? If you are you will NOT get any information via the MyT app, you have to rely on the dealer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

Are you buying the car under the lease system? If you are you NOT get any information via the MyT app, you have to rely on the dealer.

I’m doing a PCP finance which I assume is the same as leasing? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Pashley said:

I’m doing a PCP finance which I assume is the same as leasing? 

I would have thought the PCP finance is a direct sale, as long as you are doing it with a Toyota dealer.

The MyT system works with the email address you gave the dealer and the order number, I take it you have created an account on the Toyota web site here.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0uCH16yx9AIV2OR3Ch1yEQeWEAAYASAAEgJgiPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Also you must use the same email address you gave the dealer.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My order appeared almost immediately, although I already had MyT set up for my C-HR so not directly comparable. I don't remember a significant delay on the C-HR though, although that was from stock and only took a month to turn up. It does seen to be down to the dealer though...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

I would have thought the PCP finance is a direct sale, as long as you are doing it with a Toyota dealer.

The MyT system works with the email address you gave the dealer and the order number, I take it you have created an account on the Toyota web site here.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0uCH16yx9AIV2OR3Ch1yEQeWEAAYASAAEgJgiPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Also you must use the same email address you gave the dealer.

 

Yea, all that is done correctly! The dealer said it was was weird but showed me confirmation on the order through his system. The car is due 1st July and I’m just not holding much hope at the moment as I haven't heard of any update.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • FROSTYBALLS changed the title to Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share





×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership