Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc


atartan
 Share

Recommended Posts

I ordered mine end of January yet they are saying November.. seems like they are pulling dates out of a hat to be honest 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Pashley said:

I ordered mine end of January yet they are saying November.. seems like they are pulling dates out of a hat to be honest 

I shake my head in amazement that despite all the news coverage and comments in this thread there is still such a lack of understanding of worldwide supply chain problems. Let me mention a couple that might have passed some readers by: Covid resurgence in China, war in Ukraine. I could add more but is there any point? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

I shake my head in amazement that despite all the news coverage and comments in this thread there is still such a lack of understanding of worldwide supply chain problems. Let me mention a couple that might have passed some readers by: Covid resurgence in China, war in Ukraine. I could add more but is there any point? 

Still a world wide shortage on semiconductors and the fact that Russia are now restricting key rare earth elements that are used in semiconductor/battery manufacture is only going to make it worse. As you say lots of things going on and with sadly the potential to get worse if Russia continues to reduce the amount of gas that the EU are receiving.
If I had a car on order I’d obviously be very frustrated with the situation but I’d hang on to that order because the possible alternatives could be much worse unless you are lucky enough to find a stocked alternative that would be acceptable.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was fortunate when I got mine, only a 6 weeks wait but the OH is playing the waiting game for a Yaris at the moment, and despite understanding the reasons, I'd still be pulling out the little hair I have left if it was me.

The real issue with all the uncertainty on delivery times will be timing new orders to coincide with the end of lease and PCP terms, with the potential for excess mileage charges and having to find capital for large final payments. To a degree, the long delivery times aren't so much of a problem but the uncertainty and delivery dates being constantly pushed out is. It not just about being impatient, it can be a difficult situation to deal with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, nlee said:

I was fortunate when I got mine, only a 6 weeks wait but the OH is playing the waiting game for a Yaris at the moment, and despite understanding the reasons, I'd still be pulling out the little hair I have left if it was me.

The real issue with all the uncertainty on delivery times will be timing new orders to coincide with the end of lease and PCP terms, with the potential for excess mileage charges and having to find capital for large final payments. To a degree, the long delivery times aren't so much of a problem but the uncertainty and delivery dates being constantly pushed out is. It not just about being impatient, it can be a difficult situation to deal with.

Great way of explaining it, no need for “flatcoat” to be so patronising, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/15/2022 at 6:37 AM, Pashley said:

I’m probably going to too, it’s due in a couple of weeks but now they are saying a 4 month delay! Ridiculous!! I was originally quoted 6 months when I ordered end of January.

I waited 9 months and yes it’s hard, but certainly worth it 😊

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lease and car finance companies are well aware of the problems with delays to new cars. If that is the problem have you spoken to the finance company? You may well find them sympathetic and have a proposal, or is it assumptions on your part? We had a car on PCP (we sold it privately as we were not replacing it) and were offered an extension without asking ‘in case our replacement is delayed’, quote-unquote. Sorry if you don’t like the message but don’t shoot the messenger. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, as I suspected, my local dealers have now said the "almost certain" delivery in July, has now moved to September.

I don't mind the wait, but I do get frustrated at the flannel from the sales team when it was obvious the car was never going to arrive in July. I'll just have to wait for good news from the MyT app.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Picked up my Dynamic FWD with JBL & PVM this morning. Has been available for a week or so, but have been out of the country. Ordered 04/11/21.

Poured on way home, so can say the wipers work well.

Rav4 mine edited.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just had my delivery date confirmed for 18th July (PHEV Design) which is the exact date they told me when I ordered last October. Its via the NHS lease scheme. Been a hell of a wait but beyond excited now!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I ordered a PHEV Design spec 17th Jan this year, and at the time the dealer gave late July as delivery. I mailed him a week or two ago and he still says 27th July. So in that case it must already be on the way from Japan. After reading some of your posts I admit to being rather sceptical! - but fingers crossed.

It's an NFU deal, so I think is classed as fleet.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Ex RO said:

It's an NFU deal, so I think is classed as fleet.

So it will be classed as a lease deal, so there is no other way to check it out for sure but if you can find someone who ordered their within a few weeks of yours  it may give you an idea of a likely delivery time as they will get the My-T info.

If you start reading this thread from around page 9 you can also play the game of tracking possible ship carrying your car.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Roger_N said:

So it will be classed as a lease deal, so there is no other way to check it out for sure but if you can find someone who ordered their within a few weeks of yours  it may give you an idea of a likely delivery time as they will get the My-T info.

If you start reading this thread from around page 9 you can also play the game of tracking possible ship carrying your car.

Cheers, that will while away the hours!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MyT app has linked and now showing as build in progress! Very excited, I’ve scrolled back through this thread and can’t see anything about how long it takes to deliver once built, anyone know? Thanks 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mash781 said:

MyT app has linked and now showing as build in progress! Very excited, I’ve scrolled back through this thread and can’t see anything about how long it takes to deliver once built, anyone know? Thanks 

It should be about 12 weeks from 'build in progress' to 'on your drive' - maybe a little more; maybe a little less. (Build itself only takes about 2 days!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, philip42h said:

It should be about 12 weeks from 'build in progress' to 'on your drive' - maybe a little more; maybe a little less. (Build itself only takes about 2 days!)

Fantastic thank you 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2022 at 1:52 PM, Vainona70 said:

Picked up my Dynamic FWD with JBL & PVM this morning. Has been available for a week or so, but have been out of the country. Ordered 04/11/21.

Poured on way home, so can say the wipers work well.

Rav4 mine edited.jpg

Very nice, same as mine but I opted for the other grey. Wanted black but they dont do the Dynamic in black.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2022 at 2:41 PM, Mash781 said:

MyT app has linked and now showing as build in progress! Very excited, I’ve scrolled back through this thread and can’t see anything about how long it takes to deliver once built, anyone know? Thanks 

Mash, out of interest, is your order for a PHEV and if so when did you place the order?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, McPrius said:

Mash, out of interest, is your order for a PHEV and if so when did you place the order?

No it’s for hev, is that what you call a normal hybrid? I placed the order mid November but we added pan roof, jb sound system and steps etc. Not sure if that made a difference but it’s been such a long wait and I’m starting to question my purchase as a result (I’m sure I will love it when it gets here, just lost the magic a little due to a long wait).

I’m also without a car now as I sold my Corolla privately and got a much better deal than trade in price, relying on the hubbys bm 1series to get us to Cornwall and back and do an airport run with suitcases is not ideal, thought we would have a big booted car by now 😭

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mash781 said:

No it’s for hev, is that what you call a normal hybrid? I placed the order mid November but we added pan roof, jb sound system and steps etc. Not sure if that made a difference but it’s been such a long wait and I’m starting to question my purchase as a result (I’m sure I will love it when it gets here, just lost the magic a little due to a long wait).

I’m also without a car now as I sold my Corolla privately and got a much better deal than trade in price, relying on the hubbys bm 1series to get us to Cornwall and back and do an airport run with suitcases is not ideal, thought we would have a big booted car by now 😭

Mash,

I ordered my Hev Dynamic at the start of November with the panoramic roof too and i've come to the decision that it's the roof that's delayed the delivery as other orders without it seem to be coming in earlier, if it's of any help my leasing company have told me that it's due into dealers in the middle of this month, I sure hope they're right this time as it's been put back twice!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Iain Stewart said:

Mash,

I ordered my Hev Dynamic at the start of November with the panoramic roof too and i've come to the decision that it's the roof that's delayed the delivery as other orders without it seem to be coming in earlier, if it's of any help my leasing company have told me that it's due into dealers in the middle of this month, I sure hope they're right this time as it's been put back twice!

Oh wow! If mine comes this month it would solve so many problems, make me so happy and stop me cancelling the order 😂, here’s hoping 🤞 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • FROSTYBALLS changed the title to Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share






×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership