Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

Well finally after 9 months of waiting my Rav4 Dynamic HEV with panoramic sunroof will be with me next Monday, the anticipation that had dwindled has finally returned......

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Iain_M said:

Got told today that my order has been allocated a stock number and the eta is 29/09/22. 
So from ordering on 06/01/22 to today there was no indication by Big Toyota that my order was being dealt with so at least something has changed. I don’t actually know what allocated a stock number means but it’s got to be a move forward hasn’t it?

Now trying to find out if it will be the 2023 update version or a 2022!

Please let us now what you have find. I am still sure that it will be 2022 as they will probably try finish backlog and then start 2023, also in my case in January when I ordered, that price is much more less than current price in dealers. 

Finally - picked it up yesterday and had a great 150 mile drive home. Currently having it's first full charge. Couldn't be happier with it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Coder_ said:

Please let us now what you have find. I am still sure that it will be 2022 as they will probably try finish backlog and then start 2023, also in my case in January when I ordered, that price is much more less than current price in dealers. 

This is probably no relevant to the current situation but when I bought my PHEV way back in Feb ‘21 it was mostly done over the phone. As the dealer had mentioned the possibility of a ‘22 model being released on or about the time mine might have been built and delivered I asked what model would I get and what would happen to the price. The dealer said I’d get the ‘22 model and my price was fixed. As I say maybe different situation as things have got much worse and the forecast improvements in the supply of parts  and semiconductors back in ‘21 never happened.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ernieb said:

This is probably no relevant to the current situation but when I bought my PHEV way back in Feb ‘21 it was mostly done over the phone. As the dealer had mentioned the possibility of a ‘22 model being released on or about the time mine might have been built and delivered I asked what model would I get and what would happen to the price. The dealer said I’d get the ‘22 model and my price was fixed. As I say maybe different situation as things have got much worse and the forecast improvements in the supply of parts  and semiconductors back in ‘21 never happened.

So there are still possibility to receive 2023. lets see. it'd be good if it's 2023 as current entertainment system is so bad. 

14 minutes ago, ernieb said:

The dealer said I’d get the ‘22 model and my price was fixed.

... but there never was a MY22 PHEV - Toyota went straight from MY21 to MY23 ... 😉

@philip42h, agree but in Feb ‘21 there was an expectation that there would be a ‘22 model.

Just found out from my dealer they are not going to start manufacturing MY23 models till mid next as there is a wait on new orders now for 12-16 months. So any past orders this year will be MY22.

I wouldn't want to "dampen" anyone's bonfire but I'd expect it highly unlikely that when ordering a MY22 model you would get a MY23, regardless of when it gets built. Car manufacturers are fairly good at managing the end to end process (and Toyota have the reputation of one of the best) and they will usually have an allocation of orders for a particular model year. When that allocation is full, you usually see a brief break in accepting orders before they start taking order for the new spec. However, it's not unknown to see both on sale together with good discounts to clear the old spec but in that case it's clear what you will be getting. Usually,.if the manufacturer can't fulfill your order, they will simply cancel it, but maybe offer a bit of a discount on the new order at the new price. After all it should be your choice. There may be downgrades, or things you don't like about the new spec and nobody would be happy if that turned up unexpectedly.

It's not unusual to see end of run models get a bit of leakage of some newer minor components as the old supply runs down but wouldn't expect major changes. 

As Ernie says, it's unchartered territory on order times and backlogs so who knows what applies these days but I'd be 99% expecting a MY22 spec and if there was some feature of the MY23 I wished for, it would be a lovely surprise.

If the new spec is important, you could always cancel the order and reorder the new spec but that comes at a higher price and back of the queue unfortunately.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nlee said:

I wouldn't want to "dampen" anyone's bonfire but I'd expect it highly unlikely that when ordering a MY22 model you would get a MY23, regardless of when it gets built. Car manufacturers are fairly good at managing the end to end process (and Toyota have the reputation of one of the best) and they will usually have an allocation of orders for a particular model year. When that allocation is full, you usually see a brief break in accepting orders before they start taking order for the new spec. However, it's not unknown to see both on sale together with good discounts to clear the old spec but in that case it's clear what you will be getting. Usually,.if the manufacturer can't fulfill your order, they will simply cancel it, but maybe offer a bit of a discount on the new order at the new price. After all it should be your choice. There may be downgrades, or things you don't like about the new spec and nobody would be happy if that turned up unexpectedly.

It's not unusual to see end of run models get a bit of leakage of some newer minor components as the old supply runs down but wouldn't expect major changes. 

As Ernie says, it's unchartered territory on order times and backlogs so who knows what applies these days but I'd be 99% expecting a MY22 spec and if there was some feature of the MY23 I wished for, it would be a lovely surprise.

If the new spec is important, you could always cancel the order and reorder the new spec but that comes at a higher price and back of the queue unfortunately.

When I ordered my Rav4 Excel I ordered a 2021 model and got the 2022 and Toyota kept the price the same, so it's not impossible but things are changing all the time in the current climate. 

• Like 1

Urgh. I'm itching to see my order switch over from "processing order"

7 months and 3 days so far since ordering it. Any day now it should start build. Mine was a HEV Dynamic, sunroof and JBL. 

10 hours ago, nlee said:

Thanks, I think that maybe accounts why, approx 2 months ago, Toyota were not taking UK orders for the Premium version of the Rav4 PHEV Dynamic, which suggests the allocations for the UK were full. I think its only recently that the notification that Design and Dynamic MY2022 models, subject to production delays, may be built to MY2023, been posted. Suggesting that MY2022 allocations to UK for Design and Dynamic are also running out. Would this be a reasonable assumption?

Speculation really. At the end of the day people will get what they get, whether that is a MY2022 or MY2023. Some may be disappointed, some surprised.

1 hour ago, nlee said:

Although an Australian website, I presume this is the same production lines as the UK RAV4. Whatever next, leaves on the line?

https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-news/toyota-rav4-production-cut-again-this-time-by-bad-weather

The Aichi prefecture is listed and where my Rav4 PHEV is scheduled for build. The only (small) consolation is that some countries, notably Australia and New Zealand don't have the PHEV...yet.

My early '21 PHEV was made in the Aichi Prefecture and as far as I know that's where they are all manufactured.

Correct Ernie. Prefectures are areas in Japan, I think there are something like 47, so similar to counties in the UK. Both factories that produce the HEV or the PHEV are in Aichi Prefecture. The PHEV is produced in the Nagakusa plant which is slightly confusing because it's not in Nagakusa!

Toyota released an update to their July production schedules yesterday: July Additional Production Adjustments in Japan, having previous announced a production schedule for August. This morning they released a update to their production schedule for August: Additional Adjustments to domestic production in August.

Either way, it would appear that RAV4 HEV production was suspended for much of June and July be seems to be back on track for August. There's has been little interruption to the production of the RAV4 PHEV.

(And production of the bZ4X is suspended until September at the earliest.)

Well, a bit of a surprise this afternoon - I've had an e-mail from my dealer to say that my PHEV will be delivered in August (exactly as first advised).  They are going to get back to me with an update with a more concrete date but it comes completely out of the blue, as both the MyT App and the Toyota website are still saying ’Processing Order’!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Centaur said:

Well, a bit of a surprise this afternoon - I've had an e-mail from my dealer to say that my PHEV will be delivered in August (exactly as first advised).  They are going to get back to me with an update with a more concrete date but it comes completely out of the blue, as both the MyT App and the Toyota website are still saying ’Processing Order’!

So, either your order has been built and shipped and missed a status update (or two), or you are the beneficiary of a cancelled order someway ahead of you in the queue ... 😉

2 hours ago, Centaur said:

Congratulations to the good news. When did you place your order?

Got that horrible feeling that I’m the last in the queue here…just hope there’s enough parts left over in Japan to put my car together..ordered the PHEV (DP) in early April…estimated delivery date is October…I can only dream!

Any tips on how to remain patient would be appreciated…I’m finding it very difficult!

12 hours ago, Ravirules said:

Got that horrible feeling that I’m the last in the queue here…just hope there’s enough parts left over in Japan to put my car together..ordered the PHEV (DP) in early April…estimated delivery date is October…I can only dream!

Any tips on how to remain patient would be appreciated…I’m finding it very difficult!

The factory the PHEV is being built at has been shut down due to weather. Has your dealer not kept you up to date with it? 

16 minutes ago, sonosp said:

The factory the PHEV is being built at has been shut down due to weather. Has your dealer not kept you up to date with it? 

There's been little if any interruption to RAV4 PHV production if the latest production update (yesterday) is to be believed: Adjustments to Domestic Production in August.

An order placed in April with expected delivery in October is only 6 months - and we've had much longer wait times for the RAV4 pre-Covid, pre-component shortages and before the war in Ukraine. It doesn't seem too long to wait. and there is little reason today to believe that it won't be delivered on schedule.