Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

I think there are issues too and the app isn’t updating. My car has been in ‘building’ stage for 6 weeks now, my dealer has confirmed pick up in September although he’s not sure when exactly and has started preparing the paperwork for it so there must be some progress that hasn’t shown. I can’t imagine my car has just been sitting waiting for a boat for 6 weeks either as it only take 2 days to build. Dealer is going to sort paperwork and give me a date in the next week or so before we go on holiday, fingers crossed it will be a nice welcome home present!

7 hours ago, JMCterrano2 said:

I've order mine mid February, it showed in the MyT a day later but only contacted dealer as i wasn't getting any update on the app 1 month and half before the given ETA by them. 

on the previous call with them this  was pushed back from September to October but suddenly got an update from MyT stating my RAV4  left the factory, didn't receive any update when in build, it  went directly from processing order to left the factory in my case, since then I've already have my JSON files updated with some dates, later this week or next will contact my dealer to check and to add some add-on's to see what they can offer

Hope they will be able to provide a delivery date.

My ETA since order was 6/7 months and believing in JSON it was spot on

Could you clarify. What is JSON?

On 8/10/2022 at 1:15 AM, srt said:

Could you clarify. What is JSON?

Form of data storage.

eg:

{

"employees":[   {"firstName":"John", "lastName":"Doe"},  {"firstName":"Anna", "lastName":"Smith"},{"firstName":"Peter", "lastName":"Jones"}
]
}

22 hours ago, sonosp said:

Form of data storage.

eg:

{
"employees":[
 {"firstName":"John", "lastName":"Doe"},
 {"firstName":"Anna", "lastName":"Smith"},  {"firstName":"Peter", "lastName":"Jones"}
]
}

Any reason for using JSON to keep the data? Mainly curious, I use Google Keep, don't see the value of opening up vscode/vs to see a JSON file, unless you have your own app/web that you check and get's updated from that JSON file.

23 minutes ago, kiki184 said:

Any reason for using JSON to keep the data? Mainly curious, I use Google Keep, don't see the value of opening up vscode/vs to see a JSON file, unless you have your own app/web that you check and get's updated from that JSON file.

MyT data about tracking ordered car is in JSON format and there are more information than it shows in MyT site. To look for JSON open the myt page on chrome browser  where your ordered car is visible, open developer options and on Network tab after refresh you can find JSON which name is order number . 

• Like 1

I’ve been doing some research and found what looks like Jeffrey’s car that he cancelled on auto trader at the same dealership I’ve ordered from ready in stock, I ordered mine 4 days after him, does this mean my car is there and they are just delaying it for September? Perhaps for new plate and figures reason? It makes sense to wait a month and get the new plate but knowing it’s probably there is like torture 😞

29 minutes ago, Mash781 said:

I’ve been doing some research and found what looks like Jeffrey’s car that he cancelled on auto trader at the same dealership I’ve ordered from ready in stock, I ordered mine 4 days after him, does this mean my car is there and they are just delaying it for September? Perhaps for new plate and figures reason? It makes sense to wait a month and get the new plate but knowing it’s probably there is like torture 😞

When did you order yours?

51 minutes ago, sonosp said:

When did you order yours?

Mid November 

6 hours ago, Mash781 said:

I find Autotrader ads often misleading with claims about cars in stock. They are often old ads they keep running to hook in customers. 

Well my wait is almost over! Ordered beginning of January for a Design, it's now in the same county, dealership are now giving me daily updates so hopefully I will be picking up sometime next week, fingers and toes crossed. Must say the wait from Portbury to Derbyshire has been over a fortnight, for a three hour journey, think that was the most frustrating part. Now looking for a video showing what's going to be on the car 😀

59 minutes ago, jaykayl said:

Must say the wait from Portbury to Derbyshire has been over a fortnight, for a three hour journey

There would be other priority stock to move in advance of yours, and Portbury, like Burnaston, holds thousands of cars.

4 hours ago, jaykayl said:

Well my wait is almost over! Ordered beginning of January for a Design, it's now in the same county, dealership are now giving me daily updates so hopefully I will be picking up sometime next week, fingers and toes crossed. Must say the wait from Portbury to Derbyshire has been over a fortnight, for a three hour journey, think that was the most frustrating part. Now looking for a video showing what's going to be on the car 😀

It’s not the trip that gets recorded they do a number of things at the Derbyshire facility and organise the delivery to your dealer only when it’s more or less at the dealer will the MyT app be updated or in my case it just appeared at the dealers.

Glad the wait is nearly over, enjoy.

Just had an update from my lease company. I was expecting to be told about a delay after seeing a few comments but appears my RAV4 has finished build and en route to the UK. Ordered early Jan and was told Sept delivery. Fingers crossed this is true. 

Vehicle Description

RAV4 2.5 VVT-i Hybrid Excel CVT 2WD

Status

Vehicle Built and Released From Factory, In Transit to Ship

Estimated Time of Arrival (With the Dealer)

Mid to Late September 2022  (Latest Estimate)

I have my fingers crossed that my new car is a companion for your car lol. My dealer says they cannot track my vehicle, I’m supposed to do it through MyT but whilst it recognises the VIN I was given the MyT app seems to assume I have collected my vehicle!! 
It’s a poor show when the dealer says they can’t track a car but the info is definitely out there!

Any suggestions for tracking?

TBH I'm not sure how accurate the tracing info is anyway... mine was apparently in Hull for ages then suddenly appeared in the dealer :laugh: 

I didn't even see it go to its stop at Burnaston! :laugh: 

Talked to my dealer today…it did not go well!

PHEV Dynamic Premium ordered in April, with estimated delivery in October (was optimistic)…now…estimated delivery date is March 2023😱!

This raises lots of questions as to what I will actually receive…as the car I ordered was not a 2023 model!

My only piece of comfort is the price I’ve agreed to pay ..as long as that doesn’t get hiked, I can survive I guess!

• Sad 1

On 8/15/2022 at 6:35 PM, Ravirules said:

PHEV Dynamic Premium ordered in April, with estimated delivery in October (was optimistic)…now…estimated delivery date is March 2023😱!

This raises lots of questions as to what I will actually receive…as the car I ordered was not a 2023 model!

My only piece of comfort is the price I’ve agreed to pay ..as long as that doesn’t get hiked, I can survive I guess!

They won’t up the price they have agreed, I spoke to my dealer yesterday and everything we agreed is staying the same (ordered last November). It is a frustrating wait but worth it I’m sure!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/15/2022 at 6:35 PM, Ravirules said:

Given that this model has been unavailable for order for a few months now, it is probable that you will wait until they start to build them again but on the plus side you will get a good deal as your order price will be less than the price when they become available again.

Toyota kept to the price on my Excel that I ordered in October but did not get until March and the list price had gone up by around £3000

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got in touch with Big Toyota and found out my car is at sea on the ‘Morning Carol’, due into Bristol on about 9/9/22. The morning carol is just north of Spain at the moment. Course, it has another lengthy journey from Bristol to Helensburgh after it’s arrival in Uk lol.

As a Motability customer, the MyT app does not show the car progress through its build phases apparently which explains why my app isn’t working.

Nevertheless, I’m pleased that it is going to be only a matter of weeks before I get my new car weyhey.

Update, morning carol will be docked in Bristol at midnight tonight so I’m guessing the date of the 9/9/22 is either at my dealer or at Derby for pdi. Not sure which it will be. 🤞 it will be at the dealer on the 9th September.

Edited by Iain_M
Update
  • Like 1

Probably go from Bristol to Toyota Burnaston and then onto Helensburgh.

Ordered my RAV4 PHEV (2022) early March, ETA was end of August 2022 and when signing the contract it was September 2022. I live in Nordic countries. April they suddenly stopped sales here when there was some urgent order from Brussels (Toyota Europe HQ?) with a few hours warning (said one dealer). They continued sales after few weeks with a new price list (higher prices), still I believe with MY2022 cars. Then June they stopped that and published MY2023 price list (with even higher prices) and said deliveries of MY2023 cars would be the beginning of 2023. I checked a couple times from my dealer the ETA during summer and it was always the same, even though there was not any unit number info etc. on their system (said "NULL") as late as couple weeks ago.

Yesterday I got an email (along with few hundred others in my country) from the importer, that MY2022 RAV4 PHEV production has been shut down in Japan for some months now and MY2022 production will not continue. The factory plans to start MY2023 production "October". So now all of us (at least in my country) who ordered MY2022 car will get a MY2023 car but later than originally estimated. They could not give any estimate yet on the delivery time. I guess earliest would be December 2022 (if one would get their car produced in October), probably later than that. Don't know how it works with Toyota, if Toyota Europe has one big chunk production quota that the Brussels divides to different countries or how it works. Not that optimistic I would get the car this year. Couple weeks ago the dealer said the delivery times for RAV4 PHEV are now around 9 months (order in August, get in April 23).

1 hour ago, richie69 said:

Ordered my RAV4 PHEV (2022) early March, ETA was end of August 2022 and when signing the contract it was September 2022. I live in Nordic countries. April they suddenly stopped sales here when there was some urgent order from Brussels (Toyota Europe HQ?) with a few hours warning (said one dealer). They continued sales after few weeks with a new price list (higher prices), still I believe with MY2022 cars. Then June they stopped that and published MY2023 price list (with even higher prices) and said deliveries of MY2023 cars would be the beginning of 2023. I checked a couple times from my dealer the ETA during summer and it was always the same, even though there was not any unit number info etc. on their system (said "NULL") as late as couple weeks ago.

Yesterday I got an email (along with few hundred others in my country) from the importer, that MY2022 RAV4 PHEV production has been shut down in Japan for some months now and MY2022 production will not continue. The factory plans to start MY2023 production "October". So now all of us (at least in my country) who ordered MY2022 car will get a MY2023 car but later than originally estimated. They could not give any estimate yet on the delivery time. I guess earliest would be December 2022 (if one would get their car produced in October), probably later than that. Don't know how it works with Toyota, if Toyota Europe has one big chunk production quota that the Brussels divides to different countries or how it works. Not that optimistic I would get the car this year. Couple weeks ago the dealer said the delivery times for RAV4 PHEV are now around 9 months (order in August, get in April 23).

Wow that must be uncomfortable to have lived with over an extended period of time. My belief is that each country deals independently with Toyota as it’s a country franchise rather than an EU one. So to some extent it will depend on the number of cars sold in each country and current demand as to the clout the franchise holder has in securing deliveries. Obviously in the current manufacturing environment everybody is suffering, semiconductors, material shortages and covid hit supply chains.

Hopefully as you’ve been in the order chain for some time your eventual build might get prioritised, fingers crossed 🤞.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, richie69 said:

Ordered my RAV4 PHEV (2022) early March, ETA was end of August 2022 and when signing the contract it was September 2022. I live in Nordic countries. April they suddenly stopped sales here when there was some urgent order from Brussels (Toyota Europe HQ?) with a few hours warning (said one dealer). They continued sales after few weeks with a new price list (higher prices), still I believe with MY2022 cars. Then June they stopped that and published MY2023 price list (with even higher prices) ...

That pretty much mirrors the situation in the UK - first there was a price increase (or several) and then sales of the current model year were halted, MY2023 prices were published and the order books opened up again for MY2023 cars with expected delivery times either very late 2022 or more likely 2023.

As I understand, in the UK at least, Toyota generally deliver the model year that you have ordered and honour the price in effect at the time of order. So, if you order a current MY car that is what you should eventually get at a current MY price - not a next MY car at a next MY price! It may be different in other geographies ...

We do know that UK and other European RAV4 are manufactured in Japan, we know that the RAV4 hybrid (HEV) and RAV4 plug-in hybrid (PHEV) are manufactured and different factories, and we know from Toyota the production schedules for the various Japanese month by month. These show that while production of the HEV was pretty much suspended for half of June and all of July, production of the PHEV wasn't materially interrupted. And since the beginning of August production was pretty much as planned - i.e. there may be limited supplies of various components but the production lines are now running as they should.

And, I'd assume that Toyota would continue building current model year cars until they have fulfilled the backlog and only then switch to building MY2023 cars. All of which should mean that folk who have order current model year cars should get them by the end of the current year, and that production of MY2023 cars may not start until late 2022 or even early 2023. That is, at least, what has happened in the past ...

Note that in the UK the current model year for the HEV is MY2022, while for the PHEV it is MY2021 - there was no MY2022 spec update for the PHEV. Things may be different in other geographies.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, philip42h said:

As I understand, in the UK at least, Toyota generally deliver the model year that you have ordered and honour the price in effect at the time of order. So, if you order a current MY car that is what you should eventually get at a current MY price - not a next MY car at a next MY price! It may be different in other geographies ...

We do know that UK and other European RAV4 are manufactured in Japan, we know that the RAV4 hybrid (HEV) and RAV4 plug-in hybrid (PHEV) are manufactured and different factories, and we know from Toyota the production schedules for the various Japanese month by month. These show that while production of the HEV was pretty much suspended for half of June and all of July, production of the PHEV wasn't materially interrupted. And since the beginning of August production was pretty much as planned - i.e. there may be limited supplies of various components but the production lines are now running as they should.

And, I'd assume that Toyota would continue building current model year cars until they have fulfilled the backlog and only then switch to building MY2023 cars. All of which should mean that folk who have order current model year cars should get them by the end of the current year, and that production of MY2023 cars may not start until late 2022 or even early 2023. That is, at least, what has happened in the past ...

Note that in the UK the current model year for the HEV is MY2022, while for the PHEV it is MY2021 - there was no MY2022 spec update for the PHEV. Things may be different in other geographies.

They stated in the email that the change to the new model year will be at no extra cost to the consumer. They stated also, that the ones who have ordered RAV4 HEV might have a possibility to still get the MY2022 car but might have to change the trim level to be able to do that, otherwise they'll get a MY2023 car too. That suggests that the MY2022 is still on going (in Japan?) but the PHEV production has halted (at least when it comes to the units sold to my country/importer). The importer wrote also, that they've tried to get Toyota to continue the MY2022 PHEV production still this year but Toyota said "no" to that.

Interesting to see what trim level car I get since the MY2023 in my country doesn't have anymore the same one as I ordered. There used to be five trim levels, now there's four and mine is the one that's no more 🙂.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links