Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

My MyT app has stopped showing progress with map and current status. Is anyone else experiencing similar?

2 hours ago, Raxa said:

My MyT app has stopped showing progress with map and current status. Is anyone else experiencing similar?

Yes, it all disappeared a few days ago!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ravirules said:

Yes, it all disappeared a few days ago!

Thanks for the confirmation, I thought its just me 🙂

A couple of bits of bad news from my dealer yesterday.  Firstly, the expected delivery date seems to have slipped back by another month (which I can live with) and, secondly, my chosen colour is now no longer available (which I'm not sure I can live with).

I chose Scarlet Flare Red, which shows off the two-tone paintwork nicely, is a good match to all the red stitching of the interior, is a change from all the grey / black / silver cars that I've run in recent years and is also quite good at appearing to stay clean.  I'm told that I now have a choice of white, silver, grey or dark blue.  None of these options are bad in their own right but I was quite keen on the red and the lack of nearly-new cars in that colour justified buying new.  As it was, I could have had many of the other colours 'off the shelf' some months back.

I'm now in two minds as to quite what to do.  If I'm paying for a new car and accepting the long wait, then I really want what I've ordered.  My options are to either pick a different colour or simply cancel and re-order when I can get what I want and possibly get a 2023MY too,  The snag will be another long wait and a big increase in the list price since I placed my order.

4 hours ago, Centaur said:

A couple of bits of bad news from my dealer yesterday.  Firstly, the expected delivery date seems to have slipped back by another month (which I can live with) and, secondly, my chosen colour is now no longer available (which I'm not sure I can live with).

I chose Scarlet Flare Red, which shows off the two-tone paintwork nicely, is a good match to all the red stitching of the interior, is a change from all the grey / black / silver cars that I've run in recent years and is also quite good at appearing to stay clean.  I'm told that I now have a choice of white, silver, grey or dark blue.  None of these options are bad in their own right but I was quite keen on the red and the lack of nearly-new cars in that colour justified buying new.  As it was, I could have had many of the other colours 'off the shelf' some months back.

I'm now in two minds as to quite what to do.  If I'm paying for a new car and accepting the long wait, then I really want what I've ordered.  My options are to either pick a different colour or simply cancel and re-order when I can get what I want and possibly get a 2023MY too,  The snag will be another long wait and a big increase in the list price since I placed my order.

That's just nuts, and TBH, I didn't really believe you until I checked on the website, and, sure enough, the RAV4 PHEV Dynamic now comes in a very reduced colour palette. The Design is still available in a full range of colours including Scarlet Flare.

It strikes me that they are probably now into the run-out of the MY21 build and this could well be a consequence of that. Who knows exactly when the MY23 build will start and what colour palette will be available then ...

12 hours ago, Ike7 said:

Hi, I need an advice and your personal opinion about gap insurance and if I should buy one.

I personally have had gap insurance on the last four cars that I've bought on a PCP basis as otherwise you can end up paying for a car you no longer have. I've had third party ones that just guarantee to clear your finance or the one offered by my Toyota dealer which is "return to invoice", in other words you get back what you originally paid for the car. The latter is roughly twice the price though. It comes down to peace of mind, like any insurance, but I'd certainly go for at least the cheaper option as it's only a couple of hundred pounds in the context of purchasing a car costing many tens of thousands.

Colin

4 minutes ago, ColinB said:

I personally have had gap insurance on the last four cars that I've bought on a PCP basis as otherwise you can end up paying for a car you no longer have. I've had third party ones that just guarantee to clear your finance or the one offered by my Toyota dealer which is "return to invoice", in other words you get back what you originally paid for the car. The latter is roughly twice the price though. It comes down to peace of mind, like any insurance, but I'd certainly go for at least the cheaper option as it's only a couple of hundred pounds in the context of purchasing a car costing many tens of thousands.

Colin

Many thanks for your advice Colin.

When I researched I found advice to hold off taking gap insurance until the start of year 2. In practice nearly all car insurers will pay out new for old on a car written off/stolen in its first year. GAP taken out at the end of year 1 will be cheaper. 

My ETA has been moved again from 05/10/2022 to 24/11/2022 for RAV4 Excel that I ordered on 04/02/2022. Dealership was helpful by offering me another car that will arrive in 2 weeks time but I rejected it because the Urban Khaki colour they offered me is not metallic. Also, I will lose the £615 I paid for metallic colour. I will rather wait till November to get my original car. 

My car is at the dealership, I have the car reg and still waiting for a collection date.  Loosing my patience waiting and I won’t hear anything until Toyota finance have sorted out the error they made in my paperwork. I just want my car 😩

I’ve had gap insurance the last few cars I’ve had, never needed it but piece of mind. Think it’s less than £200 for 4 years (cover lease period) I personally would rather pay that than risk anything happening. My partner saw a 1 year Rav4 in a body repair shop and it looks like a write off, wouldn’t want that bill if something did happen. 

2 hours ago, philip42h said:

That's just nuts, and TBH, I didn't really believe you until I checked on the website, and, sure enough, the RAV4 PHEV Dynamic now comes in a very reduced colour palette. The Design is still available in a full range of colours including Scarlet Flare.

It strikes me that they are probably now into the run-out of the MY21 build and this could well be a consequence of that. Who knows exactly when the MY23 build will start and what colour palette will be available then ...

I'm not sure why anyone would make that up, as it would be so easy to falsify, but it is indeed the case.  It is particularly annoying, as I decided to pay the extra to buy a new car and accept the long wait, so as to ensure that I could have exactly what I wanted.  Now, just as it is at last getting towards its build date, Toyota have moved the goalposts.

The dealer is going to call me back again today to see what I want to do, so I need to make some time in my schedule to go and have a look at some colours 'in the metal' before I make any decision.  What I would actually prefer to do is to wait for a 23MY and pick from what will likely be a rather wider colour palette...  but I don't think that that will be an option!

30 minutes ago, Liv said:

My car is at the dealership, I have the car reg and still waiting for a collection date.  Loosing my patience waiting and I won’t hear anything until Toyota finance have sorted out the error they made in my paperwork. I just want my car 😩

I’ve had gap insurance the last few cars I’ve had, never needed it but piece of mind. Think it’s less than £200 for 4 years (cover lease period) I personally would rather pay that than risk anything happening. My partner saw a 1 year Rav4 in a body repair shop and it looks like a write off, wouldn’t want that bill if something did happen. 

Car insurance pays for the repairs of repairable and will pay out the value of the car if not. GAP is simply to fund the ‘gap’ if that value is below outstanding finance and if included, cover the difference to fund a new replacement. So funding repairs is no the issue. And if not bought on finance or if you have significant equity in the car, the need for GAP is lessened. However I would always shop the market and NEVER take dealer gap - the mark up can be huge. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

Car insurance pays for the repairs of repairable and will pay out the value of the car if not. GAP is simply to fund the ‘gap’ if that value is below outstanding finance and if included, cover the difference to fund a new replacement. So funding repairs is no the issue. And if not bought on finance or if you have significant equity in the car, the need for GAP is lessened. However I would always shop the market and NEVER take dealer gap - the mark up can be huge. 

Oh yes I 1000% know that gap insurance is not for repairs and to cover the difference if in the unlikely event the car is written off hence why it’s called gap. Shopping around is key, dealers are always more expensive - it’s not my first time. The company I’ve used the last few times have been cheapest out of everyone

58 minutes ago, Centaur said:

The dealer is going to call me back again today to see what I want to do, so I need to make some time in my schedule to go and have a look at some colours 'in the metal' before I make any decision.  What I would actually prefer to do is to wait for a 23MY and pick from what will likely be a rather wider colour palette...  but I don't think that that will be an option!

Of the colours now available, personally I'd go for the silver blade as a decent contrast with the black Dynamic trim. The pearlescent white would look the best by far by is a pain to keep clean (the wife has a pearlescent white C-HR). The blue and the grey don't offer enough contrast to make the Dynamic trim worthwhile. But it's your taste that matters ... 🙂

Since the dealer can no longer deliver what you have ordered I can't see any reason at all why you can't 'cancel' and go for a MY23 car. Of course you'd have to wait longer and re-order at current prices but since they have messed you about they really do owe you a favourable deal ...

1 hour ago, Liv said:

Oh yes I 1000% know that gap insurance is not for repairs and to cover the difference if in the unlikely event the car is written off hence why it’s called gap. Shopping around is key, dealers are always more expensive - it’s not my first time. The company I’ve used the last few times have been cheapest out of everyone

Would you be kind enough to tell me the name of the insurance you used Please 

1 hour ago, philip42h said:

Of the colours now available, personally I'd go for the silver blade as a decent contrast with the black Dynamic trim. The pearlescent white would look the best by far by is a pain to keep clean (the wife has a pearlescent white C-HR). The blue and the grey don't offer enough contrast to make the Dynamic trim worthwhile. But it's your taste that matters ... 🙂

Since the dealer can no longer deliver what you have ordered I can't see any reason at all why you can't 'cancel' and go for a MY23 car. Of course you'd have to wait longer and re-order at current prices but since they have messed you about they really do owe you a favourable deal ...

I would agree with all of that but I didn't realise that the white would be such a dirt magnet.  I know that white isn't as good as silver for hiding the road grime but I did think that it was better than the dark colours.  I had a black VW Touareg once and it looked great when clean but impossible to keep it looking that way!

My current Discovery is a light grey, though, so I was hoping for a change but the silver isn't much different.  The red clearly isn't everyone's cup of tea, as I haven't seen any on the road, but it would make it very visible in a car park!

Cancelling and re-ordering seems like a nuclear option, though, as the new price will be quite a lot higher and my old car will be quite a lot lower.  In that regard, I am currently doing quite well on both counts and so it would be an expensive paint option to wait for the 23MY, although it would come with the new dashboard kit.

I would look at going for the replacement vehicle option on the gap insurance, in normal time most think the return to invoice is best but the way car prices are rising at present this option could leave you well short on a new car price. I have used this company the last 4 time they are a broker.

My cost was £255 for 3 years for a replacement vehicle

gapinsurance.co.uk/

On 8/20/2022 at 3:28 PM, richie69 said:

They stated in the email that the change to the new model year will be at no extra cost to the consumer. They stated also, that the ones who have ordered RAV4 HEV might have a possibility to still get the MY2022 car but might have to change the trim level to be able to do that, otherwise they'll get a MY2023 car too. That suggests that the MY2022 is still on going (in Japan?) but the PHEV production has halted (at least when it comes to the units sold to my country/importer). The importer wrote also, that they've tried to get Toyota to continue the MY2022 PHEV production still this year but Toyota said "no" to that.

Interesting to see what trim level car I get since the MY2023 in my country doesn't have anymore the same one as I ordered. There used to be five trim levels, now there's four and mine is the one that's no more 🙂.

Have You got any update on your delivery? I live in Norway and ordered my car in February. Last eta from my dealer is 9th of December. MyT has been stuck in building process since the 28th of June 

17 minutes ago, Rogpette said:

Have You got any update on your delivery? I live in Norway and ordered my car in February. Last eta from my dealer is 9th of December. MyT has been stuck in building process since the 28th of June 

I live in Finland. Got a call from my dealership the next week after the email from Toyota Finland and the salesman asked me if I want to continue with the order, I said yes. He said they don't have info of the production schedule, but the MY2022 orders that turned in to MY2023 orders are gonna be built first and delivered to customers on priority. They were guessing back then that the MY2023 production would start October. I presume the delivery time from then on is gonna be around 10-12 weeks to Finland (via Malmö, Sweden), october --> december? I think that this varies from country to country, since they haven't been assembling cars for my country for quite a while now yet they are doing it to UK customers. Before the change MyT didn't show the picture of the car on the order status but now it does, so seems like something might have happened, or they just fixed a bug in the app 🙂 . It still says the same "waiting for production" though.

1 hour ago, richie69 said:

I live in Finland. Got a call from my dealership the next week after the email from Toyota Finland and the salesman asked me if I want to continue with the order, I said yes. He said they don't have info of the production schedule, but the MY2022 orders that turned in to MY2023 orders are gonna be built first and delivered to customers on priority. They were guessing back then that the MY2023 production would start October. I presume the delivery time from then on is gonna be around 10-12 weeks to Finland (via Malmö, Sweden), october --> december? I think that this varies from country to country, since they haven't been assembling cars for my country for quite a while now yet they are doing it to UK customers. Before the change MyT didn't show the picture of the car on the order status but now it does, so seems like something might have happened, or they just fixed a bug in the app 🙂 . It still says the same "waiting for production" though.

I got an email from Toyota yesterday that they have started building my car this week. My ETA has changed from 05/10/2022 to 24/11/2022. I ordered the car since 4th February.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links