Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

Ordered mine at the end of July, it took 13 weeks, including a week sitting at the dealers awaiting PDC

To be honest previous delivery times are meaningless- it is the situation now that matters, not what it was 3-6 months ago. 

I’ve received an order number from the dealerbut no email confirmation from Toyota

how do I find my car on the MyT app?

It wants a vin or number plate, neither of which exists yet

1 hour ago, Woofwoof said:

I’ve received an order number from the dealerbut no email confirmation from Toyota

how do I find my car on the MyT app?

It wants a vin or number plate, neither of which exists yet

The dealer needs to add the information and they have to wait for it to be supplied by Toyota.

My dealer set it up straight away so have been tracking my car from about 2 days after ordering. In addition I have had the odd progress email from the dealer and/or sales person too. So far impressed with the dealers and process. Dealers are Burrows of Doncaster, recommended by a colleague. 

12 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

The dealer needs to add the information and they have to wait for it to be supplied by Toyota.

More specifically, your dealer needs to associate your order (the order number) with your My Toyota account. Provided that your dealer has the same email address for you that you use for your My Toyota account that should happen (or be able to happen) straightforwardly. Either way, if you want to be able to track your order though the process you need to contact your dealer and get them to set that up.

On 11/24/2021 at 9:58 AM, Flatcoat said:

My dealer set it up straight away so have been tracking my car from about 2 days after ordering. In addition I have had the odd progress email from the dealer and/or sales person too. So far impressed with the dealers and process. Dealers are Burrows of Doncaster, recommended by a colleague. 

Dealer claims it will log and happen automatically 

I ordered a RAV4 15th October and I was told It would arrive 25th of April. My dealer called me couple of weeks ago and told me It would arrive in March and he called me again last week  and said it's arriving in February now. He can't  even tell me whether it will be updated MY22 or not...  Has anyone ordered RAV4 in recent months , if they have, what's your estimated delivery time ?  Thanks.

• Like 1

Ordered my RAV4 PHEV on 27th September and received notificition today (29th October) that it is in transit from Portbury and after some checks it will be on way to my dealer in Edinburgh.  The initial ETA in Edinburgh was supposed to be 7th January, then updated to 21st December but not sure how long it takes once it has arrived in the UK.  Getting super excited now.  Can anyone give an indication as to how long it takes from arrival in UK to reaching dealer for pick up?

The normal route is after reaching Portbury then to Derbyshire and then to the dealer.  All of this will depend on availability of transporters (drivers) I think mine took about 2/3 weeks but that was back in May. Exciting times it would be good to have it for Christmas and have time to play over the holiday season.

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

The normal route is after reaching Portbury then to Derbyshire and then to the dealer.  All of this will depend on availability of transporters (drivers) I think mine took about 2/3 weeks but that was back in May. Exciting times it would be good to have it for Christmas and have time to play over the holiday season.

thanks Ernie

2 hours ago, bricop said:

Ordered my RAV4 PHEV on 27th September and received notificition today (29th October) that it is in transit from Portbury and after some checks it will be on way to my dealer in Edinburgh.  The initial ETA in Edinburgh was supposed to be 7th January, then updated to 21st December but not sure how long it takes once it has arrived in the UK.  Getting super excited now.  Can anyone give an indication as to how long it takes from arrival in UK to reaching dealer for pick up?

I ordered mine the day after and was told it is expected at the dealership on 20th December. We do not want it until January so it has 2022 registration date on the V5. 

Depends on too many variables and the HEV seems to take longer than a PHEV. My guess is improving supplies of semi conductors and possibly reduced demand due to waning consumer confidence are improving delivery times. 

Ordered mine on 4th October and as far as I'm aware it's still arriving mid March but then again I it's an Excel with Premium Pack so whether that makes any difference  I am unsure 

8 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

I ordered mine the day after and was told it is expected at the dealership on 20th December. We do not want it until January so it has 2022 registration date on the V5. 

I thought the V5 followed the number plate registration in which case it would have to be March?

The date of registration and first ownership will be at some point in January - therefore next year which is 2022. That will make it year newer come eventual sale. The digits on the Registration plate is irrelevant to me albeit it will be on a private plate we have had for years. 

My PHEV was ordered on 28th September and arrived at Portbury yesterday. Due at dealers 20th December however will be registered for January collection. 

1 minute ago, Flatcoat said:

...The digits on the Registration plate is irrelevant to me albeit it will be on a private plate we have had for years. 

Oh, the joy of the new registration plate! Where I am, it is a bit different there's no explicit indication of the car's registration year. Even if there was, ancient cars can have the very latest number plate sequences when changing hands, because of a plate format change a few years ago. The plate in itself means very little.

Dealers here go on the model year, which appears to change in August for the most part, and the date when the car was first registered, so for any given registration year the later months will have relatively less depreciation than the earlier months, everything else being equal.

In practice it is the same here, car model year and date of first registration. So my new car is a 22MY (the PHEV hasn’t changed from 21MY spec) and will be 2022 first registered, all for the sake of waiting a few days. 

6 hours ago, Firecycle said:

Ordered mine on 4th October and as far as I'm aware it's still arriving mid March but then again I it's an Excel with Premium Pack so whether that makes any difference  I am unsure 

I ordered Excel as well.. without the Premium pack  though.

1 hour ago, Flatcoat said:

My PHEV was ordered on 28th September and arrived at Portbury yesterday. Due at dealers 20th December however will be registered for January collection. 

I think PHEV arrives faster, no idea why. I would think It should take longer because of more electronic parts but that  doesn't seem to be the case.

12 hours ago, atartan said:

I ordered a RAV4 15th October and I was told It would arrive 25th of April. My dealer called me couple of weeks ago and told me It would arrive in March and he called me again last week  and said it's arriving in February now. He can't  even tell me whether it will be updated MY22 or not...  Has anyone ordered RAV4 in recent months , if they have, what's your estimated delivery time ?  Thanks.

Hello! I ordered mine the same time, a week later and the dealer said It comes in March. I live in Estonia, but don't think there is a big difference in terms of delivery time. The app still shows that the order is processed, your too?

28 minutes ago, atartan said:

I think PHEV arrives faster, no idea why. I would think It should take longer because of more electronic parts but that  doesn't seem to be the case.

The PHEV’s have lower CO2 ratings so the more thry sell, the more it helps with meeting the legal corporate average figures set by the EU. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flatcoat said:

In practice it is the same here, car model year and date of first registration. So my new car is a 22MY (the PHEV hasn’t changed from 21MY spec) and will be 2022 first registered, all for the sake of waiting a few days. 

Actually, yours is/will be a 2021MY RAV4 Plug-in, first registered in January 2022. As you rightly point out, there is no 2022MY RAV4 Plug-in ...

37 minutes ago, LynxE said:

Hello! I ordered mine the same time, a week later and the dealer said It comes in March. I live in Estonia, but don't think there is a big difference in terms of delivery time. The app still shows that the order is processed, your too?

Do RAVs for Estonia come from Japan or Russia?