Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

2 hours ago, bricop said:

ThE wait is killing me! MyT says my Rav4 PHEV has been in transit from Derby to dealer in Edinburgh for about 10 days now 🙂 Beginning to think the last leg of the journey might exceed the build and shipping time from Japan.  How long did your's sit in Derby before being transported to dealer?

I was lucky with my purchase back in Sept/Oct. I did a bit of leg work and found one from the franchise in Derby that had one that was already in Burnaston. From my order to it being delivered to the dealer (about 6 miles away!) was just over 2 weeks but i don't know how long it had already been there or if that is relevant. I understand they do the pre-PDI at Burnaston and fit some of the options so it could vary on what you have specified.

I'd be climbing the walls if I had the wait some people have on recent orders. All o can say is it will be worth the wait.

Well, further to my post of yesterday, I received an email this afternoon to say that the car has left the production line, has been quality checked and is now awaiting transport to the UK. That's almost exactly 3 months after order.

Construction time has been about 6 days.

I assume that it's now at the back of a very long queue, waiting for a vessel to bring it to the UK.

GDB

16 minutes ago, 1928KH said:

Well, further to my post of yesterday, I received an email this afternoon to say that the car has left the production line, has been quality checked and is now awaiting transport to the UK. That's almost exactly 3 months after order.

Construction time has been about 6 days.

I assume that it's now at the back of a very long queue, waiting for a vessel to bring it to the UK.

GDB

That all sounds like good news. Did the email come from your dealer or from Toyota ?  Mine has a long time before it comes but good to know. 

It might also be at the head of the queue too. Given the experience of others the car will be at the dealers in around 8-10 weeks depending on when it is loaded onto a ship. You refer to getting an email, what does the MyT app tell you? I found with mine the emails lagged behind the app data. 

Got an Order No. today (KL07**) on the My T phone app which seems more informative and easier to use than the website.

8 weeks after ordering at the dealer, I'm none the wiser, wouldn't it be great if Amazon Prime did cars, just click to track your order 🤪

2 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

It might also be at the head of the queue too. Given the experience of others the car will be at the dealers in around 8-10 weeks depending on when it is loaded onto a ship. You refer to getting an email, what does the MyT app tell you? I found with mine the emails lagged behind the app data. 

This thread on the GR Yaris forum is excellent for tracking which ship it is on. They say cars leave Japan 2days before left the factory appears on MyT.

It was spot on for my HEV Rav. Pick it up tomorrow. Ordered early August. Been at the dealers for 2 weeks, salesman was on his holiday!

https://www.gr-yaris.co.uk/forum/threads/list-of-vehicle-carriers-in-transit-to-europe.995/page-114

• Like 1

George B - The email came from MyToyota (toyota.co.uk).

Flatcoat - I've attached a copy of the main content from the email.

The dealer also emails with updates but these would appear to be manually sent and generally lag behind MyT by a day or so.

AndrewSt - thanks for the link. I've looked at this previously and I'll look for a suitable carrier once I'm notified the car has sailed.

Exciting times! Gerald

411481162_Toyotaleftfactory.thumb.jpg.d181c0aeb095774bd7307b768e299813.jpg

This has been announced today, whilst it does not directly mention the RAV 4 it gives a general idea that they along with all the manufacturers are still having issues with supply and now also loss of man power. Looks like they are fire fighting on a daily basis.

"Toyota has announced that it will extend production stoppages at some factories in Japan as it continues to feel the impact of supply chain issues.

The world's largest carmaker said its components factories in South East Asia had faced disruptions due to the Covid-19 pandemic. 

Land Cruiser and Lexus production will be hit by the delays.

The company said that lost production from the latest halts will total about 14,000 vehicles in December."

The BBC news item also said

“Toyota's rivals, including General Motors, Ford, Nissan, Daimler, BMW and Renault, have also been forced to scale back production as they struggled to secure enough semiconductors.             
As well as disruptions caused by the pandemic, car makers have also been impacted after one of the industry's biggest suppliers of computer chips suffered a major fire at one of its factories in Japan. In March, Renesas warned it could have a "massive impact" on its ability to fulfil orders.”

Assuming 9m cars produced annually then 14,000 cars is less than 2% of one month’s production. There must be more to the delays than loss of 14,000 cars none of which are RAV’s although I can understand Toyota not wanting to say too much and worry shareholder’s and customers. 

From what I’ve read Toyota have suffered less disruption to deliveries and output proportionally than most of the other manufacturers. Not much comfort if your waiting for a car.

Yes I read similar. It wasn’t until July/August their delivery times started to be affected. Some manufacturers quote 2023 for many of their cars (Land Rover being one). 

• Like 1

It ain't great waiting, and when you here others are having their orders fulfilled having placed them after you placed yours it leaves me wondering how valued customers  really are 🤔, I certainly do not feel valued as a new customer 

I an fully understand how you must feel.

Over the years I’ve seen some big variation in dealer deliveries and a lot of that was to do with ‘dealer allocation’. I’m not sure how relevant that is in today’s market but the Skoda cars I bought were from one dealer who always seemed to have good allocation and who's deliveries were sometimes months ahead of dealer only 20 miles away.  Their prices and offers were also ahead of the local completion.

For those with an interest worth watching More 4's How to build: Land Rover.

Catch up online. Tonight at 9pm is the Mercedes S class. 

Very interesting - changed days since I visited Solihull as part of my dealer training.

Edited by Lawnmowerman
Updated info.

Following this with some interest as mine is now showing as in transit from Derbyshire, and has been for a couple of days. The dealer is saying eta of 18th January, which seems a long time to get it down from there but I don’t know if they have a Christmas shutdown. 

The application, when it shows “in transit”, is just telling you that the car is ready to be transported. I am in a similar situation with my car. My T shows “in transit”, but when my dealer checked his system yesterday, he said it was going to be shipped yesterday or today.

Based on nothing more than my own order my Dynamic Premium PHEV has taken just over 11 weeks from placing order on 28th September to arrival at dealers this morning - 16th December. 

1 minute ago, Flatcoat said:

Based on nothing more than my own order my Dynamic Premium PHEV has taken just over 11 weeks from placing order on 28th September to arrival at dealers this morning - 16th December. 

When will you pick it up?

5 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

That's great news! My Dynamic Premium is 22 weeks from last week so there's hope for me yet !

11 minutes ago, ernieb said:

When will you pick it up?

Because of holidays not until 7th January. Omicron permitting we are away in CZ for Christmas and the dealership is only open limited hours until new year. That also puts 2022 on the V5 even though technically it is (presumably) a 2021MY spec car. I am hoping to get a sneak peak on Saturday so will know if it has the 2022 lights/grille - or not. 

12 minutes ago, ernieb said:

Adrian, if you get a look bag a couple of photos?

Intend doing so! 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links