Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

Ordered a Dynamic Premium two days ago. 33 week wait, so Sept 2022 most likely. Gives me plenty of time to sell my old car for the deposit though! 

Hi everyone, first post here. 

41 minutes ago, sonosp said:

Ordered a Dynamic Premium two days ago. 33 week wait, so Sept 2022 most likely. Gives me plenty of time to sell my old car for the deposit though! 

Hi everyone, first post here. 

PHEV or HEV? 

26 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

PHEV or HEV? 

HEV, didnt fancy going for the PHEV at this stage.

This is my first step into the world of electric of any kind.  

So, here’s a new one. I checked the app this morning to see if there was any change. Still showing as in chesterfield. Checked the app again this afternoon and the car is suddenly showing as in my garage, so it looks like it had arrived. I have emailed the dealer to see if it has turned up today but got an out of office, which is marginally annoying. 

Here’s hoping I can pick it up the first week of jan. Seems pointless registering a car in the last week of 2021. 

4 hours ago, Bc sussex said:

So, here’s a new one. I checked the app this morning to see if there was any change. Still showing as in chesterfield. Checked the app again this afternoon and the car is suddenly showing as in my garage, so it looks like it had arrived. I have emailed the dealer to see if it has turned up today but got an out of office, which is marginally annoying. 

Here’s hoping I can pick it up the first week of jan. Seems pointless registering a car in the last week of 2021. 

My dealer told me Toyota do not process any car registrations after 18th due to holidays. To be honest I wouldn’t expect my dealer to be working today. I had long ago told the dealer if my car arrived after 30th November i would not want it registered until January and so we collect ours on 7th. 

All plants are on 2 week shutdown also now.

I received another "order processing " email and Myt app now shows location of where the car is built. I am hoping build starts soon

10 minutes ago, atartan said:

I received another "order processing " email and Myt app now shows location of where the car is built. I am hoping build starts soon

Got the same update 2 weeks ago, but still no further movements. 

I think that someone said that the factories were on a two week Christmas shutdown - which wouldn't be than surprising even in Japan!

On 11/30/2021 at 8:59 AM, atartan said:

I think PHEV arrives faster, no idea why. I would think It should take longer because of more electronic parts but that  doesn't seem to be the case.

It’s probably because they want to sell more Phev’s and they cost more money, so it’s down to profit?

1 hour ago, philip42h said:

I think that someone said that the factories were on a two week Christmas shutdown - which wouldn't be than surprising even in Japan!

Christmas is not a national holiday in Japan, so I doubt it.

Santa must have a car transporter on his sledge, just been told my lease order, 'manufacturers stock date' has moved from 13-1-22 to 31-12-21. 

I think this is the date it gets to the nominated dealer or centre for PDI, so a week or two before delivery to my driveway.

3 hours ago, LynxE said:

Got the same update 2 weeks ago, but still no further movements. 

After reading the other forums, I assumed that build starts after couple of weeks once the map appears in Myt app. I guess thats not the case. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, atartan said:

After reading the other forums, I assumed that build starts after couple of weeks once the map appears in Myt app. I guess thats not the case. 

Yes, I was told that they start the building process in a couple of weeks, but who knows how the situation with components shortage affects this term. Also, although in Japan they don't celebrate Christmas, I guess that New Year celebrations somehow affect the building process. Anyway hope to see my car built soon 🙂

Happy New Year everyone. Good news for anyone wanting a RAV 4 on Motability, they are listed on the website again.

• Like 2

Happy New Year folks, I got an email this morning saying my RAV is now being built, great new years present 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Firecycle said:

Happy New Year folks, I got an email this morning saying my RAV is now being built, great new years present 

That's great! How much it took in your case between last update with renewed "Order processing" and today's email?

Ordered a black edition 21 August 2021, estimated delivery was 31 December 2021, no info on app yep and latest guess from the dealer is March 2022

1 hour ago, LynxE said:

That's great! How much it took in your case between last update with renewed "Order processing" and today's email?

I Ordered beginning of October so 3 months in total. Upon ordering I was told it would be delivered Feb/March but then the latest update from my dealer was for delivery in August but they did say that times can alter very quickly, in my case they appear have moved as I wasn't expecting it to be built around April/May with an August delivery.

1 minute ago, Fish N Whips said:

Ordered a black edition 21 August 2021, estimated delivery was 31 December 20021, no info on app yep and latest guess from the dealer is March

Black edition is discontinued but as far as I am aware they are fulfilling existing orders so I guess its just a case of waiting until they build the last few Black edition cars.

7 minutes ago, Firecycle said:

Black edition is discontinued but as far as I am aware they are fulfilling existing orders so I guess its just a case of waiting until they build the last few Black edition cars.

Yep was aware it is now discontinued ... not sure if that is a good or bad thing lol! Toyota are selling used ones for more than I've paid for a new one (even factoring in a bit of haggle on their used screen price) so I'm just gonna sit tight ..

3 minutes ago, Fish N Whips said:

Yep was aware it is now discontinued ... not sure if that is a good or bad thing lol!

I think because its fully loaded that's why its taking time to build as it has extra components and they are a limited build now. As for mine I have specced an Excel with Premium Pack and met paint. Hopefully you should be ok

A colleague ordered a 2wd RAV at the beginning of September and initially told November delivery. Apart from having a tow bar fitted I have no idea of spec or options but latest he has been told is to expect delivery beginning of February. I ordered my PHEV a month later and getting it a month earlier. 

Its strange as the PHEV's seem to be arriving quicker, not sure why

17 minutes ago, Firecycle said:

Its strange as the PHEV's seem to be arriving quicker, not sure why

The PHEV is built in a different factory to the HEV and, I suspect the demand is a little lower due to the higher price, maybe?