Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

21 minutes ago, philip42h said:

The PHEV is built in a different factory to the HEV and, I suspect the demand is a little lower due to the higher price, maybe?

No. Like all car manufacturers, Toyota need to get as many low CO2 rated cars sold and out to customers as quickly as possible. It helps reduce EU ‘fines’ on sale of ‘polluting’ high CO2 emitting cars. 

I got this a few days ago but I don’t think it’s my order as the app is showing two cars being processed, unless it’s a BOGOF offer!  😂  

PHEV ordered November and expected May 2022 Other order showing processing  I have emailed my dealer and await the response  

CE34B96E-251A-4950-B93B-73EA73BFC88D.thumb.png.f3a3e82ded4abc07b8292d651b86bfa7.png

0B8DECC1-513A-4097-B4BB-480575D615F0.thumb.png.498c169d3b94c5853d6d3bbe20974a3c.png

1 hour ago, Flatcoat said:

No. Like all car manufacturers, Toyota need to get as many low CO2 rated cars sold and out to customers as quickly as possible. It helps reduce EU ‘fines’ on sale of ‘polluting’ high CO2 emitting cars. 

According to "How many left" there were 228 PHEVs registered in 2021. There were 845 HEV Dynamics registered over the same period as well as  310 Icons, 683 Designs and 1,363 Excels. I seriously suspect that demand for the HEV strongly outstrips demand for the PHEV.

Edit: I didn't get the numbers quite right first time and used totals rather than numbers registered by year ... doh! 

2 hours ago, philip42h said:

According to "How many left" there were 228 PHEVs registered in 2021. There were 845 HEV Dynamics registered over the same period as well as  310 Icons, 683 Designs and 1,363 Excels. I seriously suspect that demand for the HEV strongly outstrips demand for the PHEV.

Edit: I didn't get the numbers quite right first time and used totals rather than numbers registered by year ... doh! 

You're probably right that there is still more demand for the HEVs but the data on How Many Left is still only up to Q2 so the PHEVs hadn't fully picked up at that time. From what I see quite a lot came through in Oct/Nov (like mine!). Q3 data should be due soon so be interesting if it has picked up.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 10:44 AM, atartan said:

I received another "order processing " email and Myt app now shows location of where the car is built. I am hoping build starts soon

Click on your order and make a note of your order number

right click and press “inspect”

Press the arrow to find network and click on it

reload the page and a whole list of files will come up on the inspect-network” tab

find a file with your order number and click it (usually the first 1 will show fails and the second file with your order number will work

you will then see a lot of text, click all the side facing arrows so they face down and all the info will be available there when your car is scheduled to be built, transported, and arrive at the dealeR

• Thanks 2

On 12/29/2021 at 11:37 AM, George Dodds said:

It’s probably because they want to sell more Phev’s and they cost more money, so it’s down to profit?

Under emission laws, manufacturers are responsible to ensure the total emissions of all their vehicles equal under a certain amount averaging per vehicle hence electric and plug in hybrid cars which have low emission numbers help them ensure they don’t get fined

hence Toyota will prioritise plug in hybrids due to them helping with emission regulations 

tesla actually sells emission credits in the USA which is how they make a profit (they are essentially losing money on manufacturing)

7 minutes ago, Woofwoof said:

Under emission laws, manufacturers are responsible to ensure the total emissions of all their vehicles equal under a certain amount averaging per vehicle hence electric and plug in hybrid cars which have low emission numbers help them ensure they don’t get fined

Toyota are in  a better position than some due to the high proportion of hybrid vehicles (not just plug-ins) within their range. This is also why they have been able to help both Suzuki and Mazda avoid fines with the introduction of cars like the Suzuki Swace, Suzuki Across and forthcoming Yaris hybrid based Mazda 2.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Woofwoof said:

reload the page and a whole list of files will come up on the inspect-network” tab

find a file with your order number and click it (usually the first 1 will show fails and the second file with your order number will work

you will then see a lot of text, click all the side facing arrows so they face down and all the info will be available there when your car is scheduled to be built, transported, and arrive at the dealeR

Hi, it maybe me but I cannot find an order number when logging on via Chrome, only via the app on my phone.

10 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

Hi, it maybe me but I cannot find an order number when logging on via Chrome, only via the app on my phone.

That’s fine

its the same number

will do the job

16 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Toyota are in  a better position than some due to the high proportion of hybrid vehicles (not just plug-ins) within their range. This is also why they have been able to help both Suzuki and Mazda avoid fines with the introduction of cars like the Suzuki Swace, Suzuki Across and forthcoming Yaris hybrid based Mazda 2.

Still not low enough

i think the magic number is 95g co2 per mile or km (not sure) which these hybrids are not

i doubt that is why other manufacturers are buying these vehicles

toyota Mazda is an old alliance

the Suzuki across is a phev 

15 minutes ago, Woofwoof said:

That’s fine

its the same number

will do the job

Hi. Sorry for asking more questions but I’ve logged into MyT and chosen ‘My Vehicle’ then ‘Purchased’ then ‘Processing Order’ then various options ‘My Dealer’ ‘Vehicle Details’ and ‘Vehicle Order Tracker’ but nowhere is an order number showing or anything saying ‘Inspect’. Maybe my screens look different to yours. Thanks. 

33 minutes ago, Woofwoof said:

i think the magic number is 95g co2 per mile or km (not sure) which these hybrids are not

Quote from Autocar:

"On sale in the UK from April, it's the first production Mazda to arrive as part of a new electrified vehicle partnership between Toyota and Mazda. It will be built and supplied by Toyota but marketed exclusively as a Mazda model.

The new 2 Hybrid is capable of up to 74mpg on the WLTP combined cycle while emitting between 87g/km and 93g/km of CO2."

Back to the topic subject - Rav4 estimated delivery time

Apologies for topic drift however Woofwoof you are wrong. It is precisely why such deals are being undertaken - Along with likes of Tesla and MG selling credits to other manufacturers to pool their average fleet CO2 figures. 

1 hour ago, Woofwoof said:

Found mine and is scheduled for final destination towards the end of Feb

Tesla also make huge amounts of money from the US Federal and State grants which allows people to buy the cars in the first place.

1 hour ago, Woofwoof said:

Thank you. Interesting there is no build date but it says it will leave japan on 20-01-2022

1 hour ago, George Dodds said:

Hi. Sorry for asking more questions but I’ve logged into MyT and chosen ‘My Vehicle’ then ‘Purchased’ then ‘Processing Order’ then various options ‘My Dealer’ ‘Vehicle Details’ and ‘Vehicle Order Tracker’ but nowhere is an order number showing or anything saying ‘Inspect’. Maybe my screens look different to yours. Thanks. 

You should have an order number on the myt app

even if not

right click on the page and the option “inspect” will come up

its a Google chrome option

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Quote from Autocar:

"On sale in the UK from April, it's the first production Mazda to arrive as part of a new electrified vehicle partnership between Toyota and Mazda. It will be built and supplied by Toyota but marketed exclusively as a Mazda model.

The new 2 Hybrid is capable of up to 74mpg on the WLTP combined cycle while emitting between 87g/km and 93g/km of CO2."

Back to the topic subject - Rav4 estimated delivery time

Thanks for correcting me!

Tried the 'inspect' thing -all my values are either 'null' or 'pending'.

14 minutes ago, Woofwoof said:

even if not

Awesome little trick not convinced how accurate it is. Mine showing shipped on 10th December and ready for collection on the 2nd February.  Sounds a bit fast to me but if that’s true happy days I get mine in about a month. 

23 minutes ago, Woofwoof said:

even if not

Many thanks I will give that a go. 👍

3 hours ago, atartan said:

Thank you. Interesting there is no build date but it says it will leave japan on 20-01-2022

It has a date of leaving factory which according to myt is 15 hours after beginning of build

2 hours ago, Fish N Whips said:

Tried the 'inspect' thing -all my values are either 'null' or 'pending'.

Your order hasn’t been assigned and received by the factory yet

when it is you’ll get an email from myt and the app and browser will start showing you a map with the assigned factory and a line from it to your dealer

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Woofwoof said:

Your order hasn’t been assigned and received by the factory yet

when it is you’ll get an email from myt and the app and browser will start showing you a map with the assigned factory and a line from it to your dealer

Hi,

How long since that map update with the dates until we start seeing some movement, from processing order to build anyone know ?

BR

J

38 minutes ago, JMCterrano2 said:

Hi,

How long since that map update with the dates until we start seeing some movement, from processing order to build anyone know ?

BR

J

How long is a piece of string….. with Covid and all the other supply factors who knows?