Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

Interesting development in the MyT app.

The history of my order:

14th September    Order placed         8th December     Build commenced

13th December     Left factory          13th January         In transit (to Portbury?)

17th January         At Portbury           19th January        In transit to Derby

So, in order to be at Portbury on January 13th it must have been en-route almost immediately after construction, although the MyT app said 'Left factory' until 13th January. I assumed it had only left Japan on or about 13th January, when it changed to 'in transit'.

Delivery to my dealer, S$%&^(*)Ihorpe, is still showing as 10th March, another 7 weeks, which must include transit from Portbury to Derby, time at the factory for checks and accessories to be fitted and then delivery from Derby to S$%&^(*)Ihorpe.

All good, but, Toyota must know exactly where the vehicle is at every moment, so why can't the app give accurate, comprehensive information at every stage of the 'journey'? It could even say which ship it's on - it would have been interesting to monitor the voyage.

GDB

Gerald, I’ve often wondered the same nit more accurate tracking data including the ship name. I always assumed that the manufacturer wants to retain some wiggle room for themselves and the dealer to manage and choose priorities. They have, as you say, the data and it would be easy enough for them to map it to the MyT app but choose not to do so.

1 hour ago, 1928KH said:

Interesting development in the MyT app.

The history of my order:

14th September    Order placed         8th December     Build commenced

13th December     Left factory          13th January         In transit (to Portbury?)

17th January         At Portbury           19th January        In transit to Derby

So, in order to be at Portbury on January 13th it must have been en-route almost immediately after construction, although the MyT app said 'Left factory' until 13th January. I assumed it had only left Japan on or about 13th January, when it changed to 'in transit'.

Delivery to my dealer, S$%&^(*)Ihorpe, is still showing as 10th March, another 7 weeks, which must include transit from Portbury to Derby, time at the factory for checks and accessories to be fitted and then delivery from Derby to S$%&^(*)Ihorpe.

All good, but, Toyota must know exactly where the vehicle is at every moment, so why can't the app give accurate, comprehensive information at every stage of the 'journey'? It could even say which ship it's on - it would have been interesting to monitor the voyage.

GDB

If you check out the link I posted from the GR Yaris site (it's on page 11), there is a page of information regarding tracking (for the Yaris but is most likely the same for the Rav), it says in there that the left factory update means it's on the ship and has been for a day or so they are not that up to date.

Transit time for the ship is around 30 days.

MyT app says the car left the factory. I've also just checked  the JSON data and it says it will be in the UK 20th February and 23rd March at the dealership. It takes a month from Japan to UK and another month from Portbury to dealership. Hopefully UK part will progress  quicker than 1 month.

myt.thumb.jpeg.8700d5838e7de467fd53b186fc9a598f.jpeg

You will probably find the date at dealership is a worst case scenario. Mine arrived over a week earlier than predicted. The shipping time varies depending on how many ports the ship is calling at en route. Some seem to sail direct, others call at various ports presumably dropping off cars for other markets. 

1 hour ago, atartan said:

MyT app says the car left the factory. I've also just checked  the JSON data and it says it will be in the UK 20th February and 23rd March at the dealership. It takes a month from Japan to UK and another month from Portbury to dealership. Hopefully UK part will progress  quicker than 1 month.

I just hope mine is on the same ship as yours.

5 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

I just hope mine is on the same ship as yours.

I will update you once my car is in the UK.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, atartan said:

I will update you once my car is in the UK.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, atartan said:

It seems all cars go from Portbury to Burnaston (Derby) for preparation before going to the dealership. They are generally in Burnaston for 2-3 weeks (depending on extras) so a month from landing to dealership is probably about right.

According to the JSON data, my PHEV left Japan on 22/12, arrived and departed Portbury on 22/1 but it doesn't say it's at Derby yet. Date of final destination (dealer I assume) is 14/2. So yes, if that pans out, about 3 weeks at Burnaston.

25 minutes ago, Firecycle said:

JSON data? Where do I find this?

I think someone else wrote it before but here you go:

- Login to My Toyota with Chrome or Firefox browser on your computer

- Chose purchased

- Right click the mouse and chose inspect on the page

- Click network on the inspector

- in the filter part, type your order number

- reload / refresh the page

- you should see a file / line  with your full order number, You can see the details of your order in that JSON file

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, atartan said:

I think someone else wrote it before but here you go:

- Login to My Toyota with Chrome or Firefox browser on your computer

- Chose purchased

- Right click the mouse and chose inspect on the page

- Click network on the inspector

- in the filter part, type your order number

- reload / refresh the page

- you should see a file / line  with your full order number, You can see the details of your order in that JSON file

Thanks, already looked into this however it doesn't tell me when it left Japan unless I'm missing something. It is expected at the dealer on 18th Feb and I was just wondering which ship it is on and also approx. date it would arrive at Portbury, but I don't think there is that detail within the information after doing the inspect and looking at the data, if its there I cant find or see it.

10 minutes ago, Firecycle said:

Thanks, already looked into this however it doesn't tell me when it left Japan unless I'm missing something. It is expected at the dealer on 18th Feb and I was just wondering which ship it is on and also approx. date it would arrive at Portbury, but I don't think there is that detail within the information after doing the inspect and looking at the data, if its there I cant find or see it.

If you expand the sections , you should see the  information.

1899547_Screenshot2022-01-24at16_26_49.thumb.png.c9db56dbc0f1478b8817656fca1a1511.png

Many thanks, just had a look and its due at Portbury on 30th Jan

I'm happy for toyota to change my black edition to a PHEV of equalish spec for no extra cost ofc 😉

Got an e-mail today that my 2wd Excel HEV is delayed by 4 weeks. From mid February to mid March (ordered on 13th of September). Do not have the order number to check progress, as it is a leased car from Arnold Clark, but they keep me updated weekly.

The Covid situation in Japan has not yet peaked and many of the prefecture’s have imposed stricter conditions as of a few days ago. It must be impacting obviously the Toyota factories but also the supply chain.

My Design PHEV was ordered towards the end of December and has a provision delivery date of 27/04 

20 minutes ago, Bcc212 said:

My Design PHEV was ordered towards the end of December and has a provision delivery date of 27/04 

Did the dealer give you an exact delivery date ? My PHEV ordered 1st Dec and I was given May or sooner. If your dealer can give you a date I may press my dealer for one. 

Mine is a company car, but nevertheless, I am updated with progression from order, assigned dealership and lease company. 

I’d be very surprised if they couldn’t give you a date. After my order was accepted I had a follow up email about 2 weeks later letting me know the arrival date. 

1 minute ago, Bcc212 said:

Mine is a company car, but nevertheless, I am updated with progression from order, assigned dealership and lease company. 

I’d be very surprised if they couldn’t give you a date. After my order was accepted I had a follow up email about 2 weeks later letting me know the arrival date. 

Thanks for the info. I think my sales guy is only interested in selling cars  and doesn’t appear to know anything about customer service! I think I will drop in and have a chat with him tomorrow. 

Can anyone confirm if what I understand from this Toyota JSON file showing my order (Dynamic Premium PHEV) that these are what I think they are:

my estimated delivery date to dealer is 8/3/22 

my Car left Japan 14/1/22

Left Portbury 13/2/22

and is on its way to Derby 

thanks. 

BF066286-E543-4BBE-87C9-16E6D38A310B.png

George.....yes except it's due to arrive in the UK (Portbury) 13/2/22... should be in Burnaston a few days after that

16 minutes ago, Hayzee said:

George.....yes except it's due to arrive in the UK (Portbury) 13/2/22... should be in Burnaston a few days after that

Yes, sorry my mistake 😂 that’s all good news,  many thanks for confirming suspicions, although I know they might not be definite but here’s hoping ! 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links