Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

I have noticed a change on status for car and Toyota not helpful 

According to App and web tracking, car arrived on Portbury last week, moved to Darby and has been for last 7 days or so, however it’s now showing on website it’s back in Portbury.

Does anyone know if this is normal Prior to transport to dealership , it’s due to go to Edinburgh.

Thanks

27 minutes ago, ChrisMidL said:

I have noticed a change on status for car and Toyota not helpful 

According to App and web tracking, car arrived on Portbury last week, moved to Darby and has been for last 7 days or so, however it’s now showing on website it’s back in Portbury.

Does anyone know if this is normal Prior to transport to dealership , it’s due to go to Edinburgh.

Thanks

That is usual behaviour, it always seems to go backwards before just before it progresses to the next step. Mine updated within about an hour. Mine jumped straight to arrived at dealer so it might be there. (My dealer was only about 6 miles from Burnaston though)

11 minutes ago, nlee said:

That is usual behaviour, it always seems to go backwards before just before it progresses to the next step. Mine updated within about an hour. Mine jumped straight to arrived at dealer so it might be there. (My dealer was only about 6 miles from Burnaston though)

Thanks 🤞it’s on route and hopefully you will be able up collect yours too

38 minutes ago, NoRaVYet said:

Ordered mine 22 October collecting it Wednesday!

Ker, congrats. What model Rav4 is that?

Well my new RAV was handed over on Friday (Excel AWD Black, Beige leather ordered early August).

It did turn out to be a 2021, I suspect I missed out on a 2022 by a month or so before the production change.
Not really bothered its not 2022 as changes only minor to my mind. Looks very regal in metallic Black, quite a change from luminous Cyan!

Handed back my 2019 RAV at 65K looking good as new (resisted door dings and stone chips very well) and driving perfect, the Beige leather still looked good without much discolouring and still tight and un-creased or cracked.

Changes on my 2021? well it has Android auto, had a play for about 20 mins and didn't find anything useful (to me) so uninstalled it. I really didn't want bigger wheels, but I will admit it when I am wrong, the 19" over the 18" do look a lot better and fill the arches and have only had a very minor effect on the ride, a very small extra sensitivity to small road blemishes but its still a very comfortable car. Its now got the electronic pedestrian warning sound at low speed my 2019 didn't. Came with Toyo tyres which don't seem too bad. It might be my imagination, but the rear glass looks slightly less tinted than my 2019 but I can't imagine why.

Usual first business, adjusted tyre pressures as they often forget and deliver at 39/40 psi. Set to 34 feels instantly less tippy toe. Need to adjust the headlights up so not too low, as shipped, 2021's don't come with a spare (only reason I am sad about not hitting a 2022 as they do have spare) already ordered a spacesaver kit off The Wheel Shop (£170 shipped), fitted a new rubber boot mat (B&M do a generic one you trim yourself covers 90% of the boot, was fine in my old RAV) installed Dashcam, ordered some new rubber cubby inserts from China (existing ones wrong colour now) did all the car and multimedia pairing to app. Its got to go on the road and earn its living tomorrow.

So stuck with me on the group for a while yet haha!

(PS what the heck do I do with an Issho??)

29 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

What date was it built Rob?

I don't know, company car handled by lease company, never got access to manufacture tracking data or documentation. Tried!

My RAV was scheduled to have arrived in Portbury today, MyT not updated yet but that's no surprise, it's scheduled to be at the dealers for the 18th Feb

On 1/24/2022 at 1:27 PM, Hayzee said:

According to the JSON data, my PHEV left Japan on 22/12, arrived and departed Portbury on 22/1 but it doesn't say it's at Derby yet. Date of final destination (dealer I assume) is 14/2. So yes, if that pans out, about 3 weeks at Burnaston.

Myt now says PHEV at Burnaston and scheduled at dealers earlier now on 4/2 though dealer tells me mid February.... we'll see who's right

It's all pretty fluid, at least Toyota are building and delivering unlike some manufacturers 

MyT has just pinged into life again and its at Burnaston

• Like 1

Looks like a few cars are coming through now. Ordered my RAV4 Excel 2WD beginning of Nov, was due in 1st of Feb, got told last week it will now be 14th June, some delay there   Don't really mind the delay its more the timing, surely they know more than weeks away when the delivery is going to be.

6 minutes ago, Disco Pants said:

Don't really mind the delay its more the timing, surely they know more than weeks away when the delivery is going to be.

Toyota is having problems in Japan not just with supply chain shortages, but also with the Covid 19 pandemic, and had to close 5 plants in January due to the combination of issues. Not known at this time whether these closures will continue beyond January.

Unless you were getting a canceled order, I think your initial estimate was very optimistic, mine was ordered on the 18th of October and is due mid to late February. Others on here have around the same wait. Currently the web site is showing 36 weeks for a new order.

Snap6.thumb.jpg.4bc6fa3331dd524db06f13ea98f7aadd.jpg

Ordered my Excel on 21st September, it’s now at the dealers waiting for 1st March delivery.

The JSON data in My T provides my new PHEV VIN and also a URN which is J11D385975. Anyone know what this is?

2 hours ago, Hayzee said:

The JSON data in My T provides my new PHEV VIN and also a URN which is J11D385975. Anyone know what this is?

Unique Reference Number?

Thought I'd update you all on my order, to be honest my experience over the past few days makes me think my dealer is being iffy but I'll let you decide ...

• Ordered black edition 21 August 2021
  • Got (I think) a pretty good deal, 0% finance and just under 10% off full list
  • Delivery expected December 2021
  • Update from dealer in December that it would now be February 2022
  • Update from dealer in January that 'Toyota are no longer fulfilling black edition orders as they switch to MY22'
  • Provided the option to order a new Adventure, retain my agreed discount (but as £ not % so not such a good deal) - would mean adding in about another £4k, delivery November 2022
  • Dealer has an Adventure coming in for demo in a few weeks, I can secure that car but only at full MRRP
  • I raised a complaint to Toyota GB
  • Dealer calls me back to say 'Toyota have changed their minds and will now fulfil black edition orders'

The cynic in me says that the dealer realised they could get my black edition, sell it on for far more than I had agreed to pay them and also upsell me into a new Adventurer boosting profits further. Then Toyota GB get involved and the dealer needs to back track and makes up the 'Toyota have changed their minds' cover story.

I have no proof of this, but it is one explanation, I'm just wondering what consensus view is ... has anybody else had a similar experience?

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Fish N Whips said:

Thought I'd update you all on my order, to be honest my experience over the past few days makes me think my dealer is being iffy but I'll let you decide ...

The other thing you would need to have considered is the extra VED as long as you had not put any extras on the Black Edition.

If you had gone for the Adventure grade you would have been paying the extra VED for the list price being over £40,000

39 minutes ago, Fish N Whips said:

Ordered black edition 21 August 2021

You ordered a Black Edition when it was available on the price list - Toyota are at least morally obliged to fulfil your order (not legally obliged because they could have come up with reasons why that would be 'impractical').

Back last year Toyota reported that they would fulfil outstanding orders for the Black Edition - there was discussion on this forum on the subject.

Dealerships vary in competence - it is quite possible that they simply didn't know that your order would be fulfilled and offered you an alternative option; equally ...

Either way, Toyota didn't change their minds - they 'always' intended to fulfil your order. 🙂

You started buying in August 21 and they wanted to supply a different car in NOVEMBER 22???? the RAV is a pretty good car, but not that good!  Ludicrous suggestion by the dealer.

I hope you get your Black edition soon, its what I would have ordered if it had been listed by our lease provider.

16 hours ago, Rav Rob said:

You started buying in August 21 and they wanted to supply a different car in NOVEMBER 22???? the RAV is a pretty good car, but not that good!  Ludicrous suggestion by the dealer.

I hope you get your Black edition soon, its what I would have ordered if it had been listed by our lease provider.

Yep .. as the dealer has offered to honour my original order I've asked them to go ahead, should get the car in May/June - also secretly hopeful it might get some 22MY bits 🙂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fish N Whips said:

- also secretly hopeful it might get some 22MY bits 🙂

I was told by my dealer that I should have the 22MY upgrades… ie the LED internal lights / fog lights.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links