Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

Surely the reason is that with the shortages and Covid they are unable to cope with the current backlog let alone add it it right now. I take the occasional look at the NKH World news and they are continuously talking about the rising covid rates and impact on manufacturing.

Fair point, I hadn’t considered they would simply stope taking orders. I expected a reduction in discounts or less attractive finance. However the situation Must have increased the value of my new car! A colleague of mine collected his 2wd RAV a couple of weeks ago and was immediately offered more by the dealer than he paid for it. In fact he claimed he was offered over list and he is not someone prone to fantasy. 

4 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

I expected a reduction in discounts or less attractive finance.

FWIW - As a Toyota employee the employee purchase discount scheme was suspended last October due to lack of vehicle availablity - that's how bad things are.

On 1/30/2022 at 6:04 PM, Rav Rob said:

Well my new RAV was handed over on Friday (Excel AWD Black, Beige leather ordered early August).

It did turn out to be a 2021, I suspect I missed out on a 2022 by a month or so before the production change.
Not really bothered its not 2022 as changes only minor to my mind. Looks very regal in metallic Black, quite a change from luminous Cyan!

Handed back my 2019 RAV at 65K looking good as new (resisted door dings and stone chips very well) and driving perfect, the Beige leather still looked good without much discolouring and still tight and un-creased or cracked.

Changes on my 2021? well it has Android auto, had a play for about 20 mins and didn't find anything useful (to me) so uninstalled it. I really didn't want bigger wheels, but I will admit it when I am wrong, the 19" over the 18" do look a lot better and fill the arches and have only had a very minor effect on the ride, a very small extra sensitivity to small road blemishes but its still a very comfortable car. Its now got the electronic pedestrian warning sound at low speed my 2019 didn't. Came with Toyo tyres which don't seem too bad. It might be my imagination, but the rear glass looks slightly less tinted than my 2019 but I can't imagine why.

Usual first business, adjusted tyre pressures as they often forget and deliver at 39/40 psi. Set to 34 feels instantly less tippy toe. Need to adjust the headlights up so not too low, as shipped, 2021's don't come with a spare (only reason I am sad about not hitting a 2022 as they do have spare) already ordered a spacesaver kit off The Wheel Shop (£170 shipped), fitted a new rubber boot mat (B&M do a generic one you trim yourself covers 90% of the boot, was fine in my old RAV) installed dashcam, ordered some new rubber cubby inserts from China (existing ones wrong colour now) did all the car and multimedia pairing to app. Its got to go on the road and earn its living tomorrow.

So stuck with me on the group for a while yet haha!

(PS what the heck do I do with an Issho??)

@Rav Rob - Hi - I'm looking for a spacesaver for my 2021 Excel.  Did you order the 18" spare from The Wheel Shop and does it fit under the floor okay?  Cheers in advance

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wellfed said:

@Rav Rob - Hi - I'm looking for a spacesaver for my 2021 Excel.  Did you order the 18" spare from The Wheel Shop and does it fit under the floor okay?  Cheers in advance

Hi Wellfed, yes, I have used them before for other cars and always had a good experience. As below you get a reasonable quality scissor jack with a ratchet handle, a heavy duty extending wheel nut wrench and a canvas bag to keep it in.

Fits no problem in boot and still leaves plenty of room under floor for stuff.  I think it might even be 17" but its buried under a boot full of gear at the moment, there is no problem running on a 17" in emergency even if the car has 17, 18 or 19" wheels, the differential will compensate.
Only thing missing is the wheel securing bolt, you can get them on eBay, but I knocked up my own with a suitable long bolt and a nut put through a hole drilled in a small square of aluminium sheet with corners turned up to form finger  grips. Don't buy spare on eBay, same seller but much higher price. Delivery very fast by DHL in a big cardboard box.

Tyre looks never used, hopefully it never will be!!. when I dispose of the car I will put the original tray back in and put the spare on Shpock, they usually sell pretty well.

wheelshop_213920.thumb.jpg.d9e633198df2afb3465e0d1e0ee15cea.jpg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rav Rob said:

Hi Wellfed, yes, I have used them before for other cars and always had a good experience. As below you get a reasonable quality scissor jack with a ratchet handle, a heavy duty extending wheel nut wrench and a canvas bag to keep it in.

Fits no problem in boot and still leaves plenty of room under floor for stuff.  I think it might even be 17" but its buried under a boot full of gear at the moment, there is no problem running on a 17" in emergency even if the car has 17, 18 or 19" wheels, the differential will compensate.
Only thing missing is the wheel securing bolt, you can get them on ebay, but I knocked up my own with a suitable long bolt and a nut put through a hole drilled in a small square of aluminium sheet with corners turned up to form finger  grips. Don't buy spare on Ebay, same seller but much higher price. Delivery very fast by DHL in a big cardboard box.

Tyre looks never used, hopefully it never will be!!. when I dispose of the car I will put the original tray back in and put the spare on Shpock, they usually sell pretty well.

wheelshop_213920.thumb.jpg.d9e633198df2afb3465e0d1e0ee15cea.jpg

Thanks for the quick response Rav Rob.  The 18" kit is £169 and the 17" is £199 which is a bit odd, but will go for the 18" on cost grounds alone. Thanks again

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, wellfed said:

Thanks for the quick response Rav Rob.  The 18" kit is £169 and the 17" is £199 which is a bit odd, but will go for the 18" on cost grounds alone. Thanks again

Yes, if you look at the wheel specification on both '17' and '18' kits its the same, making the 18 kit a bit of a bargain. Maybe its based on sales for each, more people wanting so called 17 for older RAVs. They do sell the retaining bolt too of you need one I see.

• Like 1

Rob, what rating is the jack? I have a spare wheel but have yet to buy a jack. Also is there any chance you could take a photo of it all stored in the wheel well, I have seen photos of how the Toyota spare fits with the carrier for the jack but interested how it's stored when the carrier is not there. Many thanks

2 hours ago, Firecycle said:

Rob, what rating is the jack? I have a spare wheel but have yet to buy a jack. Also is there any chance you could take a photo of it all stored in the wheel well, I have seen photos of how the Toyota spare fits with the carrier for the jack but interested how it's stored when the carrier is not there. Many thanks

Gary

If yours is the MY2022 it will come with a temporary spare, sorry if you already know but just trying to save you buying one if you don't.

Rob, I went for en Excel with Premium Pack so it will have a can of the crappy gunk 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Firecycle said:

I threw the packaging, but its just a standard universal 2 ton scissor jack with a 410mm max lift which should be  plenty.

Boot floor flat

floor_111430.jpg

All the junk I carry, bag left is my emergency kit, fire extinguisher, at back heavy duty tow rope, on top - jump leads (for other peoples to borrow no good on a RAV) snow broom, water, hiviz coat, down left side jack kit, bit of tarpaulin to sit on if need to do a change somewhere muddy, bin bags, tyre compressor 

well0_111551.jpg

Just the tyre and the jack kit in the canvas bag, jerry rig retaining clamp..lol

well_111551.jpg

• Thanks 1

Rob, many thanks for the photos there is actually more room in there than I thought so I will buy a 2 Tonne jack in the coming days and will be sorted for when it arrives at the dealer in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

RAV4 Excell AWD is now £40975 with metallic colour £41590 ... Nearly same price as PHEV Design..

Only reason I didn't want PHEV was the extra road tax.. It looks like I am going to pay it anyway with  HEV

1 hour ago, atartan said:

RAV4 Excell AWD is now £40975 with metallic colour £41590 ... Nearly same price as PHEV Design..

Only reason I didn't want PHEV was the extra road tax.. It looks like I am going to pay it anyway with  HEV

That's a real bummer, with it only going up in January (second time since October) I thought I may get away with it but life is what it is, the dealer best keep to the price they gave me when I ordered it and the price they offered for my current car or it could be a toys out of pram job.

Increase of £3220 form October, plus the extra VED

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Roger_N said:

That's a real bummer, with it only going up in January (second time since October) I thought I may get away with it but life is what it is, the dealer best keep to the price they gave me when I ordered it and the price they offered for my current car or it could be a toys out of pram job.

It is the list price at time of registration that applies - the dealer has no choice in the matter. 

1 hour ago, Roger_N said:

Visited my dealer today who said my trade in (2 years old) black RAV4 HEV had gone up by £1000 👍  

No mention of my current order (ordered Dec 21 collect 15 March) price being increased (RAV4 PHEV). I don’t think they can charge more if the price has gone up 🤞

13 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

It is the list price at time of registration that applies - the dealer has no choice in the matter. 

Hi, I’m  not saying you are wrong but I change my car every two years and on my last three cars that has not happened. 

Edited by George Dodds
Text

21 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

Hi, I’m  not saying you are wrong but I change my car every two years and on my last three cars that has not happened. 

Might be at cross purposes, I am referring In respect of applying the higher RFL. If your new car list price is now over £40k you will pay the higher VED. 

3 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

Might be at cross purposes, I am referring In respect of applying the higher RFL. If your new car list price is now over £40k you will pay the higher VED. 

Hi. Sorry my misunderstanding. You had me worried there 😂

Many thanks. 

11 hours ago, George Dodds said:

I've already been told by the dealer, that the price agreed would be honoured.

11 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

Yes I understand that, just frustrated at the price increases in a short space of time.

31 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

I've already been told by the dealer, that the price agreed would be honoured.

Yes I understand that, just frustrated at the price increases in a short space of time.

Yes, I can understand that however It’s called inflation and this is just the start…… 

39 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

Yes, I can understand that however It’s called inflation and this is just the start…… 

Just to prove your point todays helping...Global chip shortage: Toyota profits fall as production hit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60313571

Yes, there is an industry update on Autocar website news page posted yesterday. Looks like it will still be a while before the supply chain/Covid impact issues are fully resolved. JLR have a 150,000 order backlog - a third of their annual production. 

I have just received a message from my dealer which confirms the change in status from 'processing order' to 'build in progress' of my HEV Dynamic. Order placed at the end of September, so just about bang on 4 months to progressing to build. I'm told early May for delivery. The 'building your car' message has been unchanged for about a week now, so can any of you, who have had experience of this process already, give me an outline please, of the timing of stages through the MyT app that would indicate that the early May delivery is accurate. 

I would say it is as accurate a date as can be predicted in current circumstances.