Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

I haven't ordered anything yet, it"s just what I've been quoted.  That appears to be quite some slippage in such a short space of time.  It just makes me somewhat apprehensive that it could all spin out a lot longer...

6 hours ago, Centaur said:

I haven't ordered anything yet, it"s just what I've been quoted.  That appears to be quite some slippage in such a short space of time.  It just makes me somewhat apprehensive that it could all spin out a lot longer...

And it could also get shorter. If you want a new RAV4 the sooner you order the sooner you will have it. The converse also applies so not sure how waiting will improve matters save for the unlikely off chance you find a cancelled order or over priced ex-demo? 

Chip shortages and covid absenteeism is affecting all car manufacturers and other industries. Production lines can’t work at normal capacity. As chip/covid factors improve so will vehicle supply.

In Japan the covid is just about peaking but the impact is still pretty high on absenteeism. I’ve read a number of suggestions that the chip problems may well drag on until 2023.

I’ve been trying to buy a photo printer for months and the expected date just keeps moving to the right, another 4 weeks in the last two.

Ford have just announced significant temporary factory closures in the US as well as continued reduced production elsewhere. JLR are struggling as are MBZ, Volvo and BMW. Stellantis and Hyundai/Kia claim they are through the worst and see an end to the problem - maybe, maybe not.  

11 hours ago, Centaur said:

If you are prepared to be flexible on spec and colour, and happy to deal with a dealer who might not be local and phone around, a search on Autotrader shows quite a few available unregistered from stock at various dealers. Maybe some don't exist but worth a phone call to see. That's what I did when the local dealer said there was no way I would get one in less than 7 months when I wanted to order mine last year. I ended up getting one in 3 weeks from Toyota Derby that was already in Burnaston and still got a reasonable discount of the already reduced list price.

• Like 1

Production is all speculation and conjecture at the moment that is affecting all industries, for years car manufacturers have kept cars in stock which actually costs business money, maybe in the future this could become the norm where items such as cars are produced on an order basis with smaller in stock levels than before.

18 hours ago, Centaur said:

You could always have a hunt for this instead.........................a Centaur!!

4FA71872-C4AF-4502-86FD-22B241C55101_4_5005_c.jpeg

Hayzee, really like your new car. Great to see a picture of a real life vehicle that has materialised, good to get positive vibes.

22 hours ago, JMCterrano2 said:

I’ve put my order this last weekend and delivery quoted for September 

I'm not from the UK (Sweden) however I also ordered a Rav4 last weekend and got september/October as estimate, so it checks out.

12 hours ago, Mnorrman said:

I'm not from the UK (Sweden) however I also ordered a Rav4 last weekend and got september/October as estimate, so it checks out.

Did you order a Plug-in also or the HEV? wondering if the delivery times are similar 

I ordered a PHEV last weekend from the local dealer and they anticipated delivery in August or September.  I'll expect delivery in October and be pleasantly surprised if it comes any earlier. 

• Like 1

Welcome J to Toyota Owners Club…… and Nice one ordering a Prius.

My leased RAV4 Excel 2wd HEV should be delivered on 4th of March. Ordered mid September from Arnold Clark in Glasgow. No idea if it is MY22 or 21, but it is on 22 plate.

7 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Welcome J to Toyota Owners Club…… and Nice one ordering a Prius.

Thanks for the welcome.  For clarity, I ordered a RAV4 PHEV, not a Prius.  The Prius is from 2008 and still going strong!

Ah right, got it. And the thread title is about Rav delivery too. Doh!

Shame you not getting a Prius.

57 minutes ago, McPrius said:

I ordered a PHEV last weekend from the local dealer and they anticipated delivery in August or September.  I'll expect delivery in October and be pleasantly surprised if it comes any earlier. 

Welcome to the forum.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, McPrius said:

Yes, it's a long time, compared to some years ago, just about to get delivery of a Yaris for my wife, and we waited 6 months, already at the dealer, they will be fitting some extras and should be ready for us beginning March

So now another 6/7 months wait for the Rav4 PHEV, hope its sooner to be honest, from what i've read in this thread some user that ordered the PHEV got them earlier than same time orders for HEV lets see if someone can share their past experience would be great

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JMCterrano2 said:

Did you order a Plug-in also or the HEV? wondering if the delivery times are similar 

Oh, just the hybrid model, but I would assume they have similar delivery times since they are likely produced in the same factory.

3 years ago delivery waiting times were almost unheard of, last year it was only weeks - now it is many months. Past experience is no indication of delivery times in the current situation.

1 minute ago, Mnorrman said:

Oh, just the hybrid model, but I would assume they have similar delivery times since they are likely produced in the same factory.

No they are not. They come from separate factories. Over the past few months the PHEV has been on typically 3 month delivery, the HEV almost double.  

I ordered my RAV4 (PHEV Dynamic premium) in Mid/Late November.  I was told that it was going to be May/June time before I received it.  I was amazed to hear that it arrived a portbury and will be with the dealership at the start of March.

1 hour ago, Roop said:

I ordered my RAV4 (PHEV Dynamic premium) in Mid/Late November.  I was told that it was going to be May/June time before I received it.  I was amazed to hear that it arrived a portbury and will be with the dealership at the start of March.

Hi, yes I ordered the same vehicle around the same time, told May and I now see using JSON file that it’s due to arrive at the dealer 22nd Feb. Will pickup early March. So good news all round. All I need now is British Gas to give me an EV charger fitting date. Good luck everyone. 

On 2/17/2022 at 4:05 PM, Roop said:

I am in a simile mar boat. 

I ordered my design PHEV around mid December (confirmation of order Jan) and have received a provisional delivery date of April 27th. 

It appears that most receive the PHEV ahead of schedule. 

42 minutes ago, Bcc212 said:

I am in a simile mar boat. 

I ordered my design PHEV around mid December (confirmation of order Jan) and have received a provisional delivery date of April 27th. 

It appears that most receive the PHEV ahead of schedule. 

What do you mean my “confirmation of order Jan”

I have the paperwork sales lady sent with price and car details plus the car is shown with an order number on myT 

is this you referring ?

thanks